Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

warner was picking the blitz apart and the eagles' d couldn't get pressure w/o blitzing.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Magical_Retard

Quote from: Phanatic on January 18, 2009, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
Hard to pin this down on any one group...both the defense and offense were awful in the first half and that obviously contributed to them being down.  as far as the offense goes, most of the blame has to go to donovan, he left a ton of plays on the field, especially in the 1st half.  the defense was pathetic in the 1st half, but they had an all-time choke in the 4th quarter once they had the lead to work with.  akers was a POS as well, so farg him in his kung fu ass.

I pin it on coaching. As usual Andy does just enough to make it interesting. Time to bring in a new coach and let them sort it all out...

Down 7-3 Andy had already abandoned the running game. Now the offense did sustain drives and move down the field but then the short yardage and redzone problems crept back up. Akers missing the FG really hurt. Akers missing the extra pt hurt even more because it forced that 2 pt attempt.

The defense not being able to force a turnover or just get a stop in the end when they had the lead and 8 min to go really cost them the game. I mean at least hold them to a FG.

On that last drive you saw the story of the Eagles offense. When WRs are open McNabb throws low or behind (he threw behind Baskett and Desean) and then when McNabb throws a good pass the WRs drop, more of than not. Pass INT or not Curtis had that ball hit his hands. If he catches that, with Hood already on the ground, he has a chance to get up and get some yards.

I loved the designed QB keep play but once again they only used it once.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:41:28 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:38:13 PM
Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:31:59 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:29:16 PM
Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:27:35 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:25:24 PM
Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:16:06 PM
I also don't think that any of you should forget that this is the improbable last gasp of the Eagles "dynasty".....face it, this is the best stretch EVER for the Eagles, and the best finish is a SB loss...that's pathetic.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and the rest of the division, for that matter) have reloaded and are primed to compete for years to come while the Eagles continue to wring the last drops out of a tired, predictable coach and a gutless, brain-dead QB

The Cowboys, the taterskins, and the Lions are the only 3 teams in the NFC that haven't won a playoff game in the last 13 years.  The next time your team is relevant please get back to me.  Seriously.

Can't say much about the 'Boys, but Wash. won a playoff game much more recently than that.  Accuracy is kinda important, you dumb farg.

Sorry, that means only the Lions are as inept as the Cowboys.  Duly noted.

Do random playoff victories really make a difference if your team NEVER win the Super Bowl??
0-16 or a loss in the conference title game, it's all the same in the end.

No, but doesn't that prevent you from talking smack on another teams message board?  Especially the team that throttled you and ruined your season?  A Cowboys fan has perhaps the least amount of ammo to fire out of any other fan base here.  And to say the Cowboys are on the upswing.  Comedic gold my friend.  The Eagles are perennial cock teases, but wake me up when the Cowboys win a meaningful game in January.  13 years without a playoff victory.  13 years.

43 years without a Super Bowl victory.  43 years.

You guys aren't relevant.  You never are.  Get over yourself.  44-6.

reese125

Quote from: hunt on January 18, 2009, 07:52:31 PM
warner was picking the blitz apart and the eagles' d couldn't get pressure w/o blitzing.

not even that...if youre going to blitz why go all out up the middle with both LBs and the leave the middle of the field open for Fitz to have a field day.

that shtein was baffling the hell out of me

Magical_Retard

I don't know what they will do in the off season and I do not know if it was just the injury but they need to fix this running game. They have no running game whatsoever. Any positive yardage seemed to come from those shotgun draw plays.

Westbrook for the third straight game was a non fact and when is the most talented player on the team its usually going to lead to a loss.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Did they try not blitzing?

phillymic2000

bottom line, Congrats to the Cards. And a big Farg you to our Coaching staff.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: reese125 on January 18, 2009, 07:56:32 PM

not even that...if youre going to blitz why go all out up the middle with both LBs and the leave the middle of the field open for Fitz to have a field day.

that shtein was baffling the hell out of me

Well going into the game thats what I thought they had to do so Kurt could not step up in the pocket. But most of those blitzes were picked up well and Warner only needs that 1 extra second to find the 1 on 1 and lob it up.

They should have realized that and brought some pressure from the edges. Does not help that the front 4 produced 0 pressure on their own. For the 10 yr in a row.

reese125

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 07:58:05 PM
I don't know what they will do in the off season and I do not know if it was just the injury but they need to fix this running game. They have no running game whatsoever. Any positive yardage seemed to come from those shotgun draw plays.

Westbrook for the third straight game was a non fact and when is the most talented player on the team its usually going to lead to a loss.

yeah but u know what Mag...the eagles might be the most predictable team in the league when they are going to run.

as soon the eagles come out of the huddle, the defense looks the O over, safeties cheat..and it becomes a friggin breeze for the LB to shoot the gap and stop them for negative yards

but I wont disagree with you...its still a joke

Magical_Retard

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 18, 2009, 07:59:06 PM

Did they try not blitzing?

Yeah I was yelling at the screen thinking why the hell do they not try to drop back in coverage and see if Warner makes a mistake. With the blitzes it looked like they knew exactly where they were coming from. There were no surprises.

And how many times did the Cards run a great screen play on those blitzes? They picked up 2-3 huge 1st downs on 3rd downs when the Eagles blitzed heavy and they ran a TE/WR/RB screen.

reese125

I think Cardtrader was wrong when he said Warner was one of the better QB's against the blitz

SunMo

i think you're being sarcastic...im on to you
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: reese125 on January 18, 2009, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 07:58:05 PM

yeah but u know what Mag...the eagles might be the most predictable team in the league when they are going to run.

as soon the eagles come out of the huddle, the defense looks the O over, safeties cheat..and it becomes a friggin breeze for the LB to shoot the gap and stop them for negative yards

but I wont disagree with you...its still a joke

It is esp when they line up with 2 TE, 1WR, 2 backs and run right up the middle or that terrible stretch play which always results in a loss of a yard or two.

The offense is terrible at running the ball, however little it is called, and terrible in the redzone. Settling for FGs works against the Vikes and Giants but not against a Cards offense which lit up the defense. And to think that at 25-24 I really starting thinking wow they might have just completed one of the most impressive comebacks in playoffs history.

NC_Eagle

Welcome to the parity era, where a weak 9-7 team that squeaked into the playoffs (2-4 last 6 weeks) is the best the NFC has to offer. 

Yes, I realize that applies to the Eagles as well.

Can't think of any team that dominated this seasons, the Titans sort of did it, but fell apart down the stretch.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

shorebird

Friggen' Warner ate this D with bread today. With friggen' bread.

The friggen' Cardinals, for christ sakes.