Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC_Eagle

Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:16:06 PM
Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and the rest of the division, for that matter) have reloaded and are primed to compete for years to come while the

Primed and ready to implode you mean.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=3823929&section=nfl

QuoteWe're getting deep into the NFL playoffs which means, more often than not lately, that the Dallas Cowboys are already deep into their offseason. That's led once again to a lot of hand wringing and deep thinking around Valley Ranch, where the only thing bigger than Jerry Jones' ego was the collapse of his ill-assembled team of malcontents and superstars.

As for the game, hopefully this will convince Reid the value of an All-Pro caliber WR. (no offense to Jackson or Curtis, both solid #2 WRs)  Fitzgerald was a one man offense out there, if the Eagles had successfully courted him in the off season, the Cardinals wouldn't even have made the playoffs, and the Eagles would have been much higher than a #6 seed.

Oh, wait, this is Reid I'm talking about...  :boom
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

Romolicious

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:25:24 PM
I also don't think that any of you should forget that this is the improbable last gasp of the Eagles "dynasty".....face it, this is the best stretch EVER for the Eagles, and the best finish is a SB loss...that's pathetic.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and the rest of the division, for that matter) have reloaded and are primed to compete for years to come while the Eagles continue to wring the last drops out of a tired, predictable coach and a gutless, brain-dead QB

The Cowboys, the taterskins, and the Lions are the only 3 teams in the NFC that haven't won a playoff game in the last 13 years.  The next time your team is relevant please get back to me.  Seriously.

Can't say much about the 'Boys, but Wash. won a playoff game much more recently than that.  Accuracy is kinda important, you dumb farg.

Romolicious

Quote from: NC_Eagle on January 18, 2009, 07:26:41 PM
Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and the rest of the division, for that matter) have reloaded and are primed to compete for years to come while the

Primed and ready to implode you mean.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?id=3823929&section=nfl

QuoteWe're getting deep into the NFL playoffs which means, more often than not lately, that the Dallas Cowboys are already deep into their offseason. That's led once again to a lot of hand wringing and deep thinking around Valley Ranch, where the only thing bigger than Jerry Jones' ego was the collapse of his ill-assembled team of malcontents and superstars.

As for the game, hopefully this will convince Reid the value of an All-Pro caliber WR. (no offense to Jackson or Curtis, both solid #2 WRs)  Fitzgerald was a one man offense out there, if the Eagles had successfully courted him in the off season, the Cardinals wouldn't even have made the playoffs, and the Eagles would have been much higher than a #6 seed.

Oh, wait, this is Reid I'm talking about...  :boom

Coulda, woulda, shoulda....that sums up the MormonMumbler era, doesn't it??

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:27:35 PM
I also don't think that any of you should forget that this is the improbable last gasp of the Eagles "dynasty".....face it, this is the best stretch EVER for the Eagles, and the best finish is a SB loss...that's pathetic.
Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and the rest of the division, for that matter) have reloaded and are primed to compete for years to come while the Eagles continue to wring the last drops out of a tired, predictable coach and a gutless, brain-dead QB

The Cowboys, the taterskins, and the Lions are the only 3 teams in the NFC that haven't won a playoff game in the last 13 years.  The next time your team is relevant please get back to me.  Seriously.

Can't say much about the 'Boys, but Wash. won a playoff game much more recently than that.  Accuracy is kinda important, you dumb farg.

Sorry, that means only the Lions are as inept as the Cowboys.  Duly noted.

Romolicious

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:29:16 PM

Do random playoff victories really make a difference if your team NEVER win the Super Bowl??
0-16 or a loss in the conference title game, it's all the same in the end.

phillymic2000

:-D

Romolicious

Have you all been chased from your own board?

phillymic2000

Quote from: Romolicious on January 18, 2009, 07:31:59 PM

Do random playoff victories really make a difference if your team NEVER win the Super Bowl??

What were you 3 when the boys won? Please gettingto the playoffs gets you that chance. Have fun with the crazy man and Royboy next year.

Eagles_Legendz

No, but doesn't that prevent you from talking smack on another teams message board?  Especially the team that throttled you and ruined your season?  A Cowboys fan has perhaps the least amount of ammo to fire out of any other fan base here.  And to say the Cowboys are on the upswing.  Comedic gold my friend.  The Eagles are perennial cock teases, but wake me up when the Cowboys win a meaningful game in January.  13 years without a playoff victory.  13 years.

SunMo

Hard to pin this down on any one group...both the defense and offense were awful in the first half and that obviously contributed to them being down.  as far as the offense goes, most of the blame has to go to donovan, he left a ton of plays on the field, especially in the 1st half.  the defense was pathetic in the 1st half, but they had an all-time choke in the 4th quarter once they had the lead to work with.  akers was a POS as well, so farg him in his kung fu ass.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Romolicious

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on January 18, 2009, 07:38:13 PM

No, but doesn't that prevent you from talking smack on another teams message board?  Especially the team that throttled you and ruined your season?  A Cowboys fan has perhaps the least amount of ammo to fire out of any other fan base here.  And to say the Cowboys are on the upswing.  Comedic gold my friend.  The Eagles are perennial cock teases, but wake me up when the Cowboys win a meaningful game in January.  13 years without a playoff victory.  13 years.

43 years without a Super Bowl victory.  43 years.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Phanatic

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2009, 07:39:28 PM
Hard to pin this down on any one group...both the defense and offense were awful in the first half and that obviously contributed to them being down.  as far as the offense goes, most of the blame has to go to donovan, he left a ton of plays on the field, especially in the 1st half.  the defense was pathetic in the 1st half, but they had an all-time choke in the 4th quarter once they had the lead to work with.  akers was a POS as well, so farg him in his kung fu ass.

I pin it on coaching. As usual Andy does just enough to make it interesting. Time to bring in a new coach and let them sort it all out...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

SunMo

Quote from: Phanatic on January 18, 2009, 07:44:06 PM
Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2009, 07:39:28 PM

I pin it on coaching. As usual Andy does just enough to make it interesting. Time to bring in a new coach and let them sort it all out...

i can't even kill Andy for today...i thought the offense had plenty of plays to make and donovan couldn't make them until the 2nd half.  as far as the d goes, that's all on JJ
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.