Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i could care less about your spelling or grammer....i mean we already know how retarded youre...but the fact is it was not even close to correct

exemplify would have been a better way to go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on January 14, 2009, 10:35:14 AM
it was used fine

to impose or specify is exactly what I did..thanks

Quote from: Diomedes on January 14, 2009, 10:40:58 AM
wow you are stupid

lol

the original was whatever...i mean par for the course for reece...the above explanantion starts to make you feel sorry for dook

reese125

i could care less about your spelling or grammer....i mean we already know how retarded youre...but the fact is it was not even close to correct

I want to be you

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2009, 10:43:26 AMexemplify would have been a better way to go

I would have suggested 'reflect' or 'demonstrate' or even 'testify to'
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

testify to = winner

Quote from: reese125 on January 14, 2009, 10:49:32 AM

I want to be you

again i dont care about your spelling or grammer...i dont pretend to be scholar and im not...i barely read my posts i dont care about them and i certainly dont spell check them...but if i wanted to properly type them out i have that ability...you went back and re read what you wrote and still thought it was correct...you are dummy

reese125

shtein bud...most of the time I got to call my 6 year old nephew into the room and put him in front of the computer to translate half the spit that comes out of your mouth

but whatever...whatever you need to do to take away the fact that youre my bumbling, delusional bitch thats cool too

love ya

Rome

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 14, 2009, 09:38:51 AM
listening to Mad Dog on Sirius, he had Phi Simms on, Simms hates the eagles, picked the cards and said the Eagles were not good.  He said the Eagles are far less talented than the Giants, and are sputtering in the playoffs

I heard the same interview last night.  If anyone ever needed to be punched in the throat, it's Phil Simms.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2009, 09:55:25 AM
and they are less talented than the giants

Wrong.  With Umeniyora and Plaxico gone, the Giants really don't have a lot of talent.  They do have sound coaching and a lot of "effort" guys, but they certainly don't match up on paper to a healthy Eagles team.

ice grillin you

im guessing thats what he was saying...at full strength the giants are better...but even if not its still not a crazy thing to say...they eagles dont jump out at you with all the off the charts talent...its not really a comment that should be getting anyone all upset

basically the eagles won because eli is a bitch and cant throw in the wind

General_Failure

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 14, 2009, 07:29:12 AM
Quote from: shorebird on January 13, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
If they play like they can, with some consistancy from the last three games, they should win. But there is always that thought in the back of my mind that the bottom could fall out at any moment. It could all go to crap in seconds. Thats just what this team does to you. The minute you get to thinking that hey, they really have a shot at this thing here, you get stabbed in the gut and the knife gets twisted.

I'm trying not to think that, yeah, they have a real shot at going to another Super Bowl. But I can't friggen' help it, and at the same time I feel like I'm just lining myself in front of the firing squad.........Aagain.

Exactly where I'm at.  I think this is a game that the Eagles should win.  I have to say "should", and not "will" because this is right where the Eagles get you time after time and this is where they drop you off the cliff.  This is about the point where Alter Andy disappears, and the real Andy shows up clean-shaven and ready to shtein the bed.  This is where McNabb will turn in that terrible performance which gets everyone right back to talking about if he should be back or not.  This is where the D inexplicably can not do anything right and give up a 40-burger.  THIS IS WHAT THE EAGLES DO!  I'm just hopeful they find a way to keep these Eagles away for another 2 games.

I'm trying to stay guarded about the whole thing, even though I keep having this feeling that this time, they juuuust might actually win the whole thing.  I honestly could not be less worried about the Cardinals.  In the end, the team I'm most worried about beating the Eagles... is the Eagles... and that's because they've gotten so damn good at it.

Here's why I think they're going to win this week. Its because they hate you.

Say they go on to beat the Cardinals. You're excited as all hell, but then you see they've got to play the Ravens. Farg! You're miserable all week, but there's still something inside you that says "maybe they can do it." The days go on, and we start to find a couple of experts willing to pick the Eagles. Hey, they're in this game too, maybe they really can do it!

Gametime rolls around. You don't know what to think anymore. You can't decide between bouncing off the walls or heading to the bathroom for some dry heaves. Kickoff time. Throughout the first half, two very good defenses are shutting things down left and right. Incredibly close game.

Halftime. They survived the first half, and it looks like they could really pull this one out. Now the points start coming out. Field goal here, touchdown here. Now its late in the fourth, and the Eagles are down but driving. They make it to midfield. Down to the 35. They're in the red zone. You nervous yet? You betcha! Here comes the Ravens defense with the turnover to put this game away!

The Eagles just twisted that dagger again on you. The farging bastiches.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 14, 2009, 11:13:26 AM
im guessing thats what he was saying...at full strength the giants are better...but even if not its still not a crazy thing to say...they eagles dont jump out at you with all the off the charts talent...its not really a comment that should be getting anyone all upset

basically the eagles won because eli is a bitch and cant throw in the wind
he said going into the game and afterwards.  Clearly he hasnt gotten over the chants of "Crybaby" among other stuff. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

Quoteit actually means they arent that good they have just done better than anyone thought they would

:paranoid wouldn't that make them good then?

shorebird

Quote from: General_Failure on January 14, 2009, 11:17:42 AM

Say they go on to beat the Cardinals. You're excited as all hell, but then you see they've got to play the Ravens. Farg! You're miserable all week, but there's still something inside you that says "maybe they can do it." The days go on, and we start to find a couple of experts willing to pick the Eagles. Hey, they're in this game too, maybe they really can do it!

Gametime rolls around. You don't know what to think anymore. You can't decide between bouncing off the walls or heading to the bathroom for some dry heaves. Kickoff time. Throughout the first half, two very good defenses are shutting things down left and right. Incredibly close game.

Halftime. They survived the first half, and it looks like they could really pull this one out. Now the points start coming out. Field goal here, touchdown here. Now its late in the fourth, and the Eagles are down but driving. They make it to midfield. Down to the 35. They're in the red zone. You nervous yet? You betcha! Here comes the Ravens defense with the turnover to put this game away!

I can see exactly that happening. Mainly, because it has happened before, if not in the Superbowl, then in three Championship games. Yeah, I see it happening, because there is nothing else to see.

I'll believe they can win the Superbowl when I see it, when the clock reads 0:00 at the end of the game, I'll believe it, and not until then.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: General_Failure on January 14, 2009, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: EagleFeva on January 14, 2009, 07:29:12 AM
Quote from: shorebird on January 13, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
If they play like they can, with some consistancy from the last three games, they should win. But there is always that thought in the back of my mind that the bottom could fall out at any moment. It could all go to crap in seconds. Thats just what this team does to you. The minute you get to thinking that hey, they really have a shot at this thing here, you get stabbed in the gut and the knife gets twisted.

I'm trying not to think that, yeah, they have a real shot at going to another Super Bowl. But I can't friggen' help it, and at the same time I feel like I'm just lining myself in front of the firing squad.........Aagain.

Exactly where I'm at.  I think this is a game that the Eagles should win.  I have to say "should", and not "will" because this is right where the Eagles get you time after time and this is where they drop you off the cliff.  This is about the point where Alter Andy disappears, and the real Andy shows up clean-shaven and ready to shtein the bed.  This is where McNabb will turn in that terrible performance which gets everyone right back to talking about if he should be back or not.  This is where the D inexplicably can not do anything right and give up a 40-burger.  THIS IS WHAT THE EAGLES DO!  I'm just hopeful they find a way to keep these Eagles away for another 2 games.

I'm trying to stay guarded about the whole thing, even though I keep having this feeling that this time, they juuuust might actually win the whole thing.  I honestly could not be less worried about the Cardinals.  In the end, the team I'm most worried about beating the Eagles... is the Eagles... and that's because they've gotten so damn good at it.

GeneralFailure, oozing with positivity!

AP