Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: henchmanUK on January 13, 2009, 09:18:20 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 08:25:21 PM
Quote from: shorebird on January 12, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
He's playing like a man on a mission.

22/40 217 1td 2ints....running out of bounds short of a first down when he could have gotten it easily?!?  Hell of a mission.  The Eagles D is carrying them.

Card Trader once said Farve was tougher for playing with a broken thumb on his throwing hand than McNabb was when he beat the Cards with a broken ankle. This is how stupid he is.

20-25 with 4 TDs after breaking it on the 3rd play of the game.

I still remember Duce's postgame comments about "The general has been shot, and we all have to step up" something like that.

CT is a douche.

DH

I remember driving home from the game in crazy rain and when YSP reported it in the post game, I almost drove off.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Diomedes on January 13, 2009, 09:19:56 PM
Ha.  It's good to have some stillupfront's moms up in here with a long term memory.
:-D I actually think it is the stupidest thing posted on the internet.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

shorebird

The Eagles have won three straight.

They've had two three game win streaks this year, the first being broke by the Giants, and the second being broke by the taterskins, in a game everyone thought they should have won and are now seeming to try and forget.

If they play like they can, with some consistancy from the last three games, they should win. But there is always that thought in the back of my mind that the bottom could fall out at any moment. It could all go to crap in seconds. Thats just what this team does to you. The minute you get to thinking that hey, they really have a shot at this thing here, you get stabbed in the gut and the knife gets twisted.

I'm trying not to think that, yeah, they have a real shot at going to another Super Bowl. But I can't friggen' help it, and at the same time I feel like I'm just lining myself in front of the firing squad.........Aagain.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Quote from: shorebird on January 13, 2009, 10:57:35 PM
The Eagles have won three straight.

They've had two three game win streaks this year, the first being broke by the Giants, and the second being broke by the taterskins, in a game everyone thought they should have won and are now seeming to try and forget.

If they play like they can, with some consistancy from the last three games, they should win. But there is always that thought in the back of my mind that the bottom could fall out at any moment. It could all go to crap in seconds. Thats just what this team does to you. The minute you get to thinking that hey, they really have a shot at this thing here, you get stabbed in the gut and the knife gets twisted.

I'm trying not to think that, yeah, they have a real shot at going to another Super Bowl. But I can't friggen' help it, and at the same time I feel like I'm just lining myself in front of the firing squad.........Aagain.

I agree but the bottom line is mcnabb....he's holdin you guys back.....seriously...god bless your d especially your secondary...and westbrook...but mcnabb....fargin guy is a shmuck

Don Ho

Please TR.  He may be a shmuck but he's our shmuck.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Quote from: Don Ho on January 14, 2009, 03:30:02 AM
Please TR.  He may be a shmuck but he's our shmuck.

i feel ya but i couldnt give the same rebuttal if you called john york a shmuck  :-[

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Die-Hard on January 13, 2009, 10:05:09 PM
I remember driving home from the game in crazy rain and when YSP reported it in the post game, I almost drove off.
same here, we were on 95 when they said it, had to go to Oasis to drown our sorrows
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 13, 2009, 09:16:59 PM
All kinds of people are asking me how excited I am.  Excited?  Is that what they call this?  I thought this was called agita.  Or anxiety.  When they won the last three games I didn't feel happy, I felt relief. 

I won't be happy until the Eagles are Super Bowl champs.

the two weeks before the superbowl will be anxiety...im already in celebratory mode for this week...a lot has to do with the fact that they have accomplished more this year than they should have and thus thereis nothing to lose and a lot has to do with how god awful the cardinals are
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Niners haven't exactly been lighting the world on fire at the QB position since Garcia left.

Feva

Quote from: shorebird on January 13, 2009, 10:57:35 PM

Exactly where I'm at.  I think this is a game that the Eagles should win.  I have to say "should", and not "will" because this is right where the Eagles get you time after time and this is where they drop you off the cliff.  This is about the point where Alter Andy disappears, and the real Andy shows up clean-shaven and ready to shtein the bed.  This is where McNabb will turn in that terrible performance which gets everyone right back to talking about if he should be back or not.  This is where the D inexplicably can not do anything right and give up a 40-burger.  THIS IS WHAT THE EAGLES DO!  I'm just hopeful they find a way to keep these Eagles away for another 2 games.

I'm trying to stay guarded about the whole thing, even though I keep having this feeling that this time, they juuuust might actually win the whole thing.  I honestly could not be less worried about the Cardinals.  In the end, the team I'm most worried about beating the Eagles... is the Eagles... and that's because they've gotten so damn good at it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 14, 2009, 07:29:12 AM
I honestly could not be less worried about the Cardinals.  In the end, the team I'm most worried about beating the Eagles... is the Eagles... and that's because they've gotten so damn good at it.

Bingo.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

I dont respect the Cards rushing game, mostly because they have been racking up yards in run only situations.  The Eagles Run D has been very strong, hell Abiamiri is even playing the run well.  The worry is the passing game, and i'd love to see Warner pressured and flustered. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MadMarchHare

But that's the point.  If the run game only requires cursory attention (the front 7 can handle James and Hightower IMO), they can focus on destroying Warner.  They can't cover Boldin and Fitzgerald for 60 minutes, not well enough to win.  So the key is to plant Warner on his ass as much as farging possible.  Either get sacks or force dump passes.  While the secondary can't shut down Boldin and Fitz, they have shown an ability to tackle well.
Anyone but Reid.

ice grillin you

the cardinals are such front running losers...they all loosey goosey happy go lucky when running the score up against seattle and st louis but in an nfc championship game against a genius defensive coordinator in a contest where they will not be able to play video game football they will shrivel up and blow away like a tumbleweed in the desert
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous