Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Well it took us Three trips to get to the SB, so lets hope youre right.

JackStraw

Kinda makes me miss the RodneyPeeteRules guy...
Endless regression to the mean

mussa

The Cards are a whole diff. team now then they were on Turkey Day. They now run the ball pretty decent and their defense is playing like a defense possessed. Now that being said so is our defense and our offense is in a bit of a rut, but we are scoring enough points and letting our defense make up for it. Def. not counting out the Cards in this one, plus they got the homefield. I think its going to be a lot harder of a game than most will think. I'm still can't believe where the Eagles are right now. I'm so excited for Sunday
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Phanatic

The stars aligned and somehow the Eagles made the playoffs. They have not wasted their chances and Asante has paid off when it counts. Somehow the guy is right where the missthrown ball is going. Unreal. The Cards aren't push overs. Fitze alone is cause for concern. The Eagles have to get pressure on old man Warner for this to be a game. I just wish the offense would wake up and show me something for a change. I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a high scoring affair...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

shorebird

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 12:33:26 PM
Not me bitch. Not that tech savvy. Very entertaining though. In fact, I looked up his original posts, found his e-mail address and invited him back. The guy is annoying because he can back his shtein up with some spin on his statistics. I love lively debate. Namecalling, insults the whole thing. I could care less about decorum.

So........we have you to thank for this knucklehead's return? Gee, thanks, now go throw yourself in front of an 18 wheeler.

Everyone knows the key to this game is getting to Warner, no matter what he does against the blitz. If he has the time to throw, he will shred any defense. His receivers are that good. I'd take Breaston, Boldin, or Fitz over any receiver on the Eagles roster. Friggen' Breaston has over 1,000 yards, and he's their no. 3!! They are going to have someone open 99% of the time.

But I think the Eagles will get too Warner and put him on his ass. They've been playing lights out, and are fired up for this game.

Also, CardTrader, if you think McNabb had something to prove the last time he played the Cards, what do you think he's thinking this time around?? He's one game away from his second Super Bowl, after all the crap he endured with the TO circus, puking, and all the other stuff he's put up with since then up until now. He's playing like a man on a mission.

I hope Bwest can get it going for this game. I don't know that we can win if he has a second bad game. I'd like to see Cbuck get more than the 5 touches he had the last game also.

phillymic2000

QuoteI hope Bwest can get it going for this game. I don't know that we can win if he has a second bad game. I'd like to see Cbuck get more than the 5 touches he had the last game also.

He needs to be fed the rock and extend drives, keep the d fresh please.

MadMarchHare

The Cards are playing well so far.  However, I vastly prefer the Cards, even in Arizona, over having to face John Fox again.  Christ, he just seems to have Reid's number.
Anyone but Reid.

shorebird

Quote from: phillymic2000 on January 12, 2009, 07:31:51 PM
QuoteI hope Bwest can get it going for this game. I don't know that we can win if he has a second bad game. I'd like to see Cbuck get more than the 5 touches he had the last game also.

He needs to be fed the rock and extend drives, keep the d fresh please.

Really, he's made some big plays when he gets the ball here of late.

General_Failure

He must have gotten some really good knees off ebay.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Feva

Quote from: MadMarchHare on January 12, 2009, 07:34:02 PM
The Cards are playing well so far.  However, I vastly prefer the Cards, even in Arizona, over having to face John Fox again.  Christ, he just seems to have Reid's number.

Agreed.  For my own selfish reasons, I was kinda pulling for Carolina because I wanted to go to the NFCCG.  But, in the big picture, the road to the Super Bowl for the Eagles... is easier against the Cards than what Carolina would've been.  Unless of course, Delhomme would have saved his clunker for the Birds.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

shorebird

Don't talk him up, let's hope he goes to bed early and forgets about coming back here tommorrow.

Don Ho

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 09:27:59 AM
The 10-3 game against the skins should temper the confidence anyone has about this game.

Winner! 

Almost a month later, a huge win over the Cowboys, two playoff wins on the road and I am still fuming over that loss.  3 points.  3 farging points.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

CardTrader

Quote from: shorebird on January 12, 2009, 07:20:58 PM
He's playing like a man on a mission.

22/40 217 1td 2ints....running out of bounds short of a first down when he could have gotten it easily?!?  Hell of a mission.  The Eagles D is carrying them.

shorebird

Stats be damned, he played a great game. One int. was more or less a punt, and the other was a pass batted at the line of scrimmage. Not to mention the drops by his receivers.

Stats don't tell the story on the kind of game he played. But, even if you watched it, you wouldn't admit it.