Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stalker

I asked that last week and everyone scoffed at me about the chance of playing AZ. Here, let's put it to an end. The Eagles have the best secondary in the NFL. They can stuff the run . They can move the ball, and the special teams are a weapon (Akers). Additionally, the Cards are just happy to be there. The Eagles have experience on their side.

And the Eagles have the Weapon-X factor.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 12:17:11 PM
I asked that last week and everyone scoffed at me about the chance of playing AZ. Here, let's put it to an end. The Eagles have the best secondary in the NFL. They can stuff the run . They can move the ball, and the special teams are a weapon (Akers). Additionally, the Cards are just happy to be there. The Eagles have experience on their side.

And the Eagles have the Weapon-X factor.

I completely agree with you, and yet the post still annoys me.  It's probably the use of "Weapon-X" or the fact that you eat loads of ass.

stalker

I felt like such a fag typing "Weapon-X" but apparently, he really believes it. Dawkins just seems to be able to will the team to win. Sometimes players get in that zone and have a tremendous affect on their team mates.

CardTrader

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
Hey, remember when people said the decision to stay at USC might have cost Leinart millions in the short term, but he would be much better off in the long term because of the great receivers in Arizona?

Those were fun times.

I think the Eagles may end up seeing some Leinart on Sunday.

You really think the Cards blow the Eagles out by that much that they will throw the scrubs in to save the starters for the SB?  I'm expecting a much closer game.

Happy Thanksgiving

Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.  The Cardinals 3rd game in 11 days and Mcnabb came out with something to prove.  This game is at home, where the Cards are pretty decent, and they are playing with a giant chip on their shoulder.  The Eagles MAY win the game, but it won't be a repeat of that Thanksgiving game.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 12:13:36 PM
So, um, am I the only one who is terrified of losing this game? I can't decide what would be worse. Losing to AZ or losing in the superbowl. Either one would probably cause my heart and testicles to explode.

Nope, I am too. I told the guys I was watching the game with yesterday that if we lose to farging Arizona I'm going to go apeshtein crazy.

They, along with DET, are the NFL's poster children for ineptitude. I felt the same way prior to the 2004 NFCCG and the though of losing to that shteinbag Mike Vick and the fly by night Falcons.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:23:30 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

It's really not worth reading anything else after you set the bar for your work there.

CardTrader

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:26:25 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

It's really not worth reading anything else after you set the bar for your work there.

Bringing up a game in November, really has zero bearing on this week's game.  Both teams are playing different, so to even bring it up is definitely yawn worthy. 

reese125

yo stalker idiot--you can stop posing as cardtrader and the alter ego thing....its well well past due

CardTrader

Who is "stalker" anyways, I don't recognize that name from when I was unfairly booted from this board.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:29:16 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Bringing up a game in November, really has zero bearing on this week's game.  Both teams are playing different, so to even bring it up is definitely yawn worthy. 

The Eagles actually aren't playing differently at all.  That game started a streak that has only been broken by the stinker in Washington.

The Cardinals are certainly playing better football in the playoffs than anyone expected, but even as one of their biggest homer fans... Do you really think that they are 28 points better against the same team?  I have to believe that what you're posting and what you really believe probably don't jive with each other.

stalker

Not me bitch. Not that tech savvy. Very entertaining though. In fact, I looked up his original posts, found his e-mail address and invited him back. The guy is annoying because he can back his shtein up with some spin on his statistics. I love lively debate. Namecalling, insults the whole thing. I could care less about decorum.

CardTrader

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:29:16 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.

The Eagles actually aren't playing differently at all.  That game started a streak that has only been broken by the stinker in Washington.

The Cardinals are certainly playing better football in the playoffs than anyone expected, but even as one of their biggest homer fans... Do you really think that they are 28 points better against the same team?  I have to believe that what you're posting and what you really believe probably don't jive with each other.

Yes, they are 28 points better.  We were 28 points better than the Carolina team we lost too also.

The Cards were playing their 3rd game in 11 days, if that doesn't mean much to you, then you haven't really followed the NFL.  It was a Thanksgiving night game in a hostile environment against a QB who for two weeks heard nothing but the media and fans mocking him.  It was a perfect storm.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 12:13:36 PM
So, um, am I the only one who is terrified of losing this game? I can't decide what would be worse. Losing to AZ or losing in the superbowl. Either one would probably cause my heart and testicles to explode.

100% chance they beat the cardinals
95% chance they win the superbowl

didnt think theyd win yesterday but said if they did the lombardi was theirs

and even if they dont get it its still a great year...they have been and are playing with house money...i feel no pressure whatsoever...obviously a lot of that has to do with the fact that im virtually positive they will win the sb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The world just exploded; igy picks them to win the SB.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:38:37 PM
Yes, they are 28 points better.  We were 28 points better than the Carolina team we lost too also.

The Cards were playing their 3rd game in 11 days, if that doesn't mean much to you, then you haven't really followed the NFL.  It was a Thanksgiving night game in a hostile environment against a QB who for two weeks heard nothing but the media and fans mocking him.  It was a perfect storm.

Is it "they" or "we?"

Before you keep going with that "3rd game in 11 days" bit, don't you realize the Eagles had also played on the same days?