Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CardTrader

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 11:56:18 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AMHahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.
Laugh it up.  I believe he has the highest passer rating in the NFL against the blitz.  Really funny!

Plenty of people believe in ridiculous shtein.

link?

You'd have to be a proctologist to find it. He is talking out of his ass.

Sigh...I know you guys aren't bright, but you do know how to use the internet right?

Warner vs. Blitz this year:

65% completions 14td 4int 103.8 rating.

Sacked 6 times in 197 attempts.

Thanks for playing.

CardTrader

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2009, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 11:08:33 AM
Really, what needs to be done in order to beat that Cardinal Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that I will hold your feet to the fire. Do the birds need to run 20 times, 30, 40. Does McNabb need to be perfect. Does the defense need to sack Warner 5 times?

CT, same for you. What do the Cards need to do to beat the Eagles?

The Cards need to protect Warner against the Eagles front 4.  I'm not worried about he blitz, because he handles that well.  We need to stick with the run even if it only nets 1 or 2 yards a carry, that will make the play action effective and keep the safeties off Boldin and Fitz.

On D the Cards need to stay in their gaps and not get fooled by misdirection plays.  DRC can hang with Jackson on deep routes and the Eagles other receivers aren't noteworthy enough to strike fear in anyone.  Mcnabb's scrambling ability scares me as does Westbrooks big play ability.

You are correct that Warner handles the blitz well; I think I saw a stat where the last game the Eagles only blitzed him like 6 times or something like that. Now did that mean that they called the dogs off because the Eagles jumped out so quick? I don't know.

Is Boldin going to play?

Sticking with the run despite minute YPC is the thing we scream at Reid about, so we are in the same boat there.

Also, I saw a stat about DRC and Rod Hood being the CB duo who have given up the most TD passes in the NFL. What say you about that?

DRC didn't start until week 9 or 10, Hood has had good coverage but doesn't realize he's allowed to turn his head when the ball is in the air so he often allows big catches.  DRC has been great, he shut down Steve Smith and has 6 INTs in his last 9 games.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AMHahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.
Laugh it up.  I believe he has the highest passer rating in the NFL against the blitz.  Really funny!

link?

Sigh...I know you guys aren't bright, but you do know how to use the internet right?

Thanks for playing.

stalker is like that drunken uncle that everyone has. He doesn't come around for months because he's in rehab/jail, but he'll drop in and spew incoherent thoughts after awhile and soon get locked up again for fall off the wagon.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 11:59:02 AM
Quote from: fansince61 on January 12, 2009, 11:55:37 AM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:39:22 AM
You can believe it's really me when you come to my tailgate before the game :)

I'll actually be there with 3 generations of Eagles Fans.  How do I find you?

You'll see a bunch of them so just ask around

Yeah, you might want to be more specific.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:01:53 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2009, 11:58:04 AM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 11:08:33 AM
Really, what needs to be done in order to beat that Cardinal Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that I will hold your feet to the fire. Do the birds need to run 20 times, 30, 40. Does McNabb need to be perfect. Does the defense need to sack Warner 5 times?

CT, same for you. What do the Cards need to do to beat the Eagles?

The Cards need to protect Warner against the Eagles front 4.  I'm not worried about he blitz, because he handles that well.  We need to stick with the run even if it only nets 1 or 2 yards a carry, that will make the play action effective and keep the safeties off Boldin and Fitz.

On D the Cards need to stay in their gaps and not get fooled by misdirection plays.  DRC can hang with Jackson on deep routes and the Eagles other receivers aren't noteworthy enough to strike fear in anyone.  Mcnabb's scrambling ability scares me as does Westbrooks big play ability.

You are correct that Warner handles the blitz well; I think I saw a stat where the last game the Eagles only blitzed him like 6 times or something like that. Now did that mean that they called the dogs off because the Eagles jumped out so quick? I don't know.

Is Boldin going to play?

Sticking with the run despite minute YPC is the thing we scream at Reid about, so we are in the same boat there.

Also, I saw a stat about DRC and Rod Hood being the CB duo who have given up the most TD passes in the NFL. What say you about that?

DRC didn't start until week 9 or 10, Hood has had good coverage but doesn't realize he's allowed to turn his head when the ball is in the air so he often allows big catches.  DRC has been great, he shut down Steve Smith and has 6 INTs in his last 9 games.

I like DRC and admittedly did not watch much of the Cards this year (but then again, who does?). The only time I watched them was when the Eagles raped them on Thanksgiving, when the Pats drubbed them and then again on Saturday night.

Rod Hood, who was pretty good here, did give up the deep ball alot. When he left for ARZ one of the things I said I would not miss was him giving it up on 3rd downs. He seemed to always give up a TD. Johnson would slide Brown inside to the slot corner and let Hood line up out wide right.

stalker

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 12, 2009, 12:02:05 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:00:19 PM

link?

Thanks for playing.

stalker is like that drunken uncle that everyone has. He doesn't come around for months because he's in rehab/jail, but he'll drop in and spew incoherent thoughts after awhile and soon get locked up again for fall off the wagon.

No, I'll get over the farging flu and get back to working 90-100 hours a week.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SD_Eagle5

rjs246

For the sake of argument, let's say that Warner is phenomenal against the blitz and I'm dead wrong about that. Fine. My point was that Warner is atrocious under pressure. He's smart and he has a lightning quick and accurate release, but when defenses actually get in his face he completely falls apart. Always has.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Hey, remember when people said the decision to stay at USC might have cost Leinart millions in the short term, but he would be much better off in the long term because of the great receivers in Arizona?

Those were fun times.

I think the Eagles may end up seeing some Leinart on Sunday.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:01:53 PM

Mcnabb isn't Delhomme, his throws were awful. I do credit the Cards DBs because there's definitely some talent back there, but don't expect McNabb to throw the same slop up that Delhomme was.

CardTrader

Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 12:09:19 PM
For the sake of argument, let's say that Warner is phenomenal against the blitz and I'm dead wrong about that. Fine. My point was that Warner is atrocious under pressure. He's smart and he has a lightning quick and accurate release, but when defenses actually get in his face he completely falls apart. Always has.

There is no sake of argument, it's a fact.  I presented you with those facts and you still want to make it seem like there is no way you are wrong.  Let me make it clear for you....YOU ARE WRONG.

That said, Warner is bad when a team can apply pressure without blitzing and plays their normal coverages.

rjs246

So, um, am I the only one who is terrified of losing this game? I can't decide what would be worse. Losing to AZ or losing in the superbowl. Either one would probably cause my heart and testicles to explode.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

CardTrader

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
Hey, remember when people said the decision to stay at USC might have cost Leinart millions in the short term, but he would be much better off in the long term because of the great receivers in Arizona?

Those were fun times.

You really think the Cards blow the Eagles out by that much that they will throw the scrubs in to save the starters for the SB?  I'm expecting a much closer game.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:14:15 PM

Those were fun times.

You really think the Cards blow the Eagles out by that much that they will throw the scrubs in to save the starters for the SB?  I'm expecting a much closer game.

Happy Thanksgiving

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:14:15 PM

Those were fun times.

Cute, but I was thinking more along the lines of Warner getting his leg torn off or something.