Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

I'm not saying the Cardinals can't beat the Eagles, the results of this season alone should make everyone realize the Eagles can literally lose to anyone in the league.  That being said, while the game might be better in the AFC this weekend, I don't think the Eagles would be overpowered or undermanned against either Balt or Pit.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The 10-3 game against the skins should temper the confidence anyone has about this game.

I do think the Eagles can and should win, but the Cardinals have been balling and cannot be counted out at home.

reese125

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 09:23:56 AM
Quote from: reese125 on January 12, 2009, 09:20:47 AM
agree--alot of guys are acting like its blowout central coming up

and they're at home which they are a completely different team

They were supposed to suck on the road and playing on the East Coast, just like Tampa was supposed to suck in -40 temps...bottom line is the better team will win, especially now that weather won't be a factor

yes sir--and I very much like Mcnabbs chances when no rain, wind or snow is present

just dont need to be hearing guaranteed domination

reese125

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 09:27:59 AM
The 10-3 game against the skins should temper the confidence anyone has about this game.

I do think the Eagles can and should win, but the Cardinals have been balling and cannot be counted out at home.

no it shouldnt

if youre going to go on an igy rant about the friggin skins game, save the finger strength

any team can lay an egg at any time--Carolina says hello....and if they did lose it wouldnt be because of the skins game-- it would be bcause Arizonas D is playing out of their mind right now

Feva

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 09:27:59 AM
The 13-13 game against the Bengals should temper the confidence anyone has about this game.

Yes, the Skins game meant more... but the Bengals game was more embarrassing.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles have been a different team since, coincidentally, losing to the Ravens and then thumping the Cardinals less than a week later.  That's why the skins game is more relevant than the Bengals game.  They laid that egg during this run.  Hopefully it put enough of a scare into both the players and the coaches.

SD_Eagle5

And to think they almost got blacked out against Atl:

QuoteCards vs. Eagles sells out in 6 minutes
Carrie Watters - Jan. 11, 2009 06:11 PM
The Arizona Republic

The bandwagon overflowed within minutes on Sunday.

Arizona Cardinals fans starved for success gathered by the thousands at the stadium's box office to purchase tickets for next weekend's NFC Championship.

Most walked away empty-handed as season-ticket holders already had purchased tickets and the 20,000 or so for the general public were gone in record time.

Ticketmaster sold out in six minutes.

The Cards even added more tickets to the mix by upping University of Phoenix Stadium's standard 64,500 seats to more than 70,000.

It was a far cry from the team's first home playoff game a week ago when the NFL had to give two extensions before the game sold out.

Clearly, the team's domination of Carolina on Saturday made believers out of skeptics. The Cards are for real and they're one win away from the Super Bowl.

This Sunday, the dust barely settled on the Philadelphia Eagles win over the New York Giants, which locked in the Cards' second home playoff, when fans converged on the mother ship in Glendale.

"I believe and loved them for 20 years, that's why I'm here," said Jonathan Moore of Avondale.

Shortly after 9 a.m., Moore was at the dome to get a wrist band that secured him the first spot in line when the ticket office opened at 3 p.m.

His wife Freida, a Dallas Cowboys fan for years, said she's officially converted. 

Coach Ken Whisenhunt, in a released statement, said the home field advantage would be huge.

"Knowing the environment and knowing the way our fans have supported us gives us such an advantage and that is exactly what we want."

The coach had taken a victory lap around the stadium when the team one their last home playoff game against Atlanta because he thought it might be the last chance to show appreciation to fans.

"I've never been happier to be wrong," he said.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm happy for Jonathan, but even happier for Freida.

CardTrader

CardTrader

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 11, 2009, 08:27:15 PM
The Cardinals have one of the worst running games in the history of the NFL playoffs.  No shock there.

Cards 115 ypg rushing
Eagles 63 ypg rushing 2.5ypc

I hope you aren't talking about regular season stats...

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

stalker

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 10:29:43 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 11, 2009, 08:27:15 PM
The Cardinals have one of the worst running games in the history of the NFL playoffs.  No shock there.

Cards 115 ypg rushing
Eagles 63 ypg rushing 2.5ypc

I hope you aren't talking about regular season stats...

I was wondering about you. In all honesty, congratulations. Now go farg your self.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 10:27:12 AM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 11, 2009, 05:12:46 PM
2 PM game Sunday. Again I'll ask does Card_Trader show

Hi.

You guys missed me :)

Not really, but we need to direct our hate somewhere and you're the only Cards fan I know so thanks for showing.

CardTrader

stalker

Really, what needs to be done in order to beat that Cardinal Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that I will hold your feet to the fire. Do the birds need to run 20 times, 30, 40. Does McNabb need to be perfect. Does the defense need to sack Warner 5 times?

CT, same for you. What do the Cards need to do to beat the Eagles?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.