Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

I'll believe that's actually CT when Big Brother confirms that his IP isn't linked to stillupfront's.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

The Eagles defense needs to show up. That's how they've been winning, that's how they'll continue to win. The offense has been more or less incidental up to this point in the playoffs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

stalker

Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 11:09:35 AM
I'll believe that's actually CT when Big Brother confirms that his IP isn't linked to stillupfront's.

It's not me. I can guarantee you that. and I've heard that anyone who logs on as Stillupfront will automatically have their IP banned. At least that's what I heard.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

CardTrader

Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 11:09:35 AM

You can believe it's really me when you come to my tailgate before the game :)

CardTrader

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 11:08:33 AM
Really, what needs to be done in order to beat that Cardinal Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that I will hold your feet to the fire. Do the birds need to run 20 times, 30, 40. Does McNabb need to be perfect. Does the defense need to sack Warner 5 times?

CT, same for you. What do the Cards need to do to beat the Eagles?

The Cards need to protect Warner against the Eagles front 4.  I'm not worried about he blitz, because he handles that well.  We need to stick with the run even if it only nets 1 or 2 yards a carry, that will make the play action effective and keep the safeties off Boldin and Fitz.

On D the Cards need to stay in their gaps and not get fooled by misdirection plays.  DRC can hang with Jackson on deep routes and the Eagles other receivers aren't noteworthy enough to strike fear in anyone.  Mcnabb's scrambling ability scares me as does Westbrooks big play ability.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

stalker

He handles it by throwing balls up for Fitz and Bouldin to go and get. Athletic secondaries can go get it also. His only  time going against a great secondary (Thanksgiving)(face it, the Eagles have the NFL's best secondary) he completed 50% of his passes and threw 3 interceptions.

CardTrader

Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AM
Hahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.

Laugh it up.  I believe he has the highest passer rating in the NFL against the blitz.  Really funny!

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AM
Hahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.

I laughed at that as well

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
DRC can hang with Jackson on deep routes and the Eagles other receivers aren't noteworthy enough to strike fear in anyone.  Mcnabb's scrambling ability scares me as does Westbrooks big play ability.

Regarding the Eagles receivers, they don't have a Fitzgerald but there isn't a better 3rd down receiver in the league than Jason Avant, I mean, no one notices him all game but he's open every 3rd and long. Curtis is sneaky, the Cards sleep on hm and he'll rack up some yards. As far as Jackson goes I hope the Cards think DRC can hang with him, because he can't. People think of Jackson as this big home run threat deep but he's most effective on slants with room to run. Most likely the Cards will focus all their energy on stopping Westbrook, that didn't work too well for the Giants and their D is far better than the Cards.
Again, not saying the Eagles have a bunch of pro bowlers lined up at WR but they spread the ball around so much at this point it doesn't matter.

Diomedes

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AMHahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.
Laugh it up.  I believe he has the highest passer rating in the NFL against the blitz.  Really funny!

Plenty of people believe in ridiculous shtein.

link?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

fansince61

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:39:22 AM

I'll actually be there with 3 generations of Eagles Fans.  How do I find you?

stalker

Quote from: Diomedes on January 12, 2009, 11:54:30 AM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 11:45:27 AMHahaha, Warner handles the blitz well. Ha.

Plenty of people believe in ridiculous shtein.

link?

You'd have to be a proctologist to find it. He is talking out of his ass.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 11:41:47 AM
Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 11:08:33 AM
Really, what needs to be done in order to beat that Cardinal Juggernaut?

Keep in mind that I will hold your feet to the fire. Do the birds need to run 20 times, 30, 40. Does McNabb need to be perfect. Does the defense need to sack Warner 5 times?

CT, same for you. What do the Cards need to do to beat the Eagles?

The Cards need to protect Warner against the Eagles front 4.  I'm not worried about he blitz, because he handles that well.  We need to stick with the run even if it only nets 1 or 2 yards a carry, that will make the play action effective and keep the safeties off Boldin and Fitz.

On D the Cards need to stay in their gaps and not get fooled by misdirection plays.  DRC can hang with Jackson on deep routes and the Eagles other receivers aren't noteworthy enough to strike fear in anyone.  Mcnabb's scrambling ability scares me as does Westbrooks big play ability.

You are correct that Warner handles the blitz well; I think I saw a stat where the last game the Eagles only blitzed him like 6 times or something like that. Now did that mean that they called the dogs off because the Eagles jumped out so quick? I don't know.

Is Boldin going to play?

Sticking with the run despite minute YPC is the thing we scream at Reid about, so we are in the same boat there.

Also, I saw a stat about DRC and Rod Hood being the CB duo who have given up the most TD passes in the NFL. What say you about that?

CardTrader

Quote from: fansince61 on January 12, 2009, 11:55:37 AM

Green lot, giant flag pole with a Cardinal head on top of it and two Cardinal flags flying.  Should be about 40 of us.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: fansince61 on January 12, 2009, 11:55:37 AM

You'll see a bunch of them so just ask around