Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

this idea that the cardinals are all of a sudden some sort of running team is being blown way out of porportion...they didnt run the ball well at all vs atlanta and against carolina it was mostly second half runs when the game was over and carolina had mailed it in...they are running the ball more than they did in the regular season but they arent runnin it particularly well...they will not be able to do anything on the ground vs the eagles....id be shocked if they had more than 75 yards rushing sunday
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

mark eckel was just on wip and was saying he thought that the eagles were the first road team to be favored in a conf championship game...he said the only other one he could think of would be patriots at steelers a few years ago...but that he didnt think and that it was the first time ever...so i did a google search and 15 seconds later found out there been five of them since 1997

also heard yesterday on the mike francesa show that the eagle giant game sunday is the only 23-11 final in nfl history

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2009, 09:02:57 AMalso heard yesterday on the mike francesa show that the eagle giant game sunday is the only 23-11 final in nfl history

NFL.com's GameCenter summary noted that too.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

reese125

Quote from: TRUCK RATHMAN on January 13, 2009, 03:01:42 AM

After just checking the latest line on the afc ccg, my lock are the Ravens next weekend with +6! (what are you fargin kiddin me or what?  ???)

theres only one reason for this: it was like there was a sniper on top of LP Field picking off Ravens players for the hell of it in that game last week

this team is beat up

hunt

the cards stink.  
they'll be the worst defense & the worst running offense the eagles have faced so far in the playoffs.  when the eagles lose games, it's usually because they're up against a tough defense and a team that controls the ball with the running game on offense to dominate time of posession.  
does that sound like the cardinals to you?
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

its an absolute embarrassment that arizona is even in this game and at home...the eagles are by no means a great team or even close to it but arizona making a conf champiosnhip game is all you need to know about how brutal the nfc is and how far the nfl in general has fallen

reese125

I genuflected on one knee last night before I went to bed and said a prayer that you would pick the Cardinals before the week is up. Is there any chance of you doing that? Dont do it for me...do it for the guys here and Philadelphia. What a ya say?

ice grillin you

that fact that you think someones pick determines the outcome of a sporting event is yet another indictment on your intelligence or whats left of it

or youre trying to be funny/cute and in that case just like the previous 12 times you tried it: STILL not funny

reese125

nope.. tried it once it didnt work yet

Ill end at 3 times is a charm and look for your answer on Sunday morning

thanks

ice grillin you

im just reminicsing on all my picks and how if i had just changed them the eagles would be playing this weekend

like i shouldnt have picked the eagles over minnesota...and i shouldnt have picked the eagles to make the playoffs after the giants win in december....the farg was i thinking

Magical_Retard

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2009, 09:16:42 AM
its an absolute embarrassment that arizona is even in this game and at home...the eagles are by no means a great team or even close to it but arizona making a conf champiosnhip game is all you need to know about how brutal the nfc is and how far the nfl in general has fallen

Which is somehow always the case whenever the Eagles make it this far.

Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

ice grillin you

its the case with almost any team thats won the superbowl in the last 10-15 years...free agency and the cap have eliminated the great team for the most part...but at least the afc over the last decade has had a bunch of really good teams...the nfc has been an utter trainwreck topped off by this year which is on another level of bad

think about it...two weeks ago people were calling arizona the worst playoff team of all time which i tend to agree with...yet they are hosting an nfc title game

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's all about who gets hot at the right time.  Arizona surprisingly turned it on the last two weeks.  The Eagles turned it on after the Baltimore beating... well except for the debacle in Landover.  Even the Patriots "dynasty" won all of their Super Bowls by 3 points each.

You're right that the era of the unbeatable "great" team seems to be over due to the salary cap and profit sharing, but as an Eagle fan in this year's playoffs, I'm going to go ahead and enjoy the ride.

ice grillin you

oh you should definitely enjoy the ride its not about that..and hell at least the eagles have a pedigree this decade and are a professional well run organization thats knows what its doing and has been there before....the cardinals are just a joke and should not be where they are...take away your eagle fandom for a second...as a conference championship game how god awful would this game look...i might not watch one second of it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2009, 09:57:02 AM
oh you should definitely enjoy the ride its not about that..and hell at least the eagles have a pedigree this decade and are a professional well run organization thats knows what its doing and has been there before....the cardinals are just a joke and should not be where they are...take away your eagle fandom for a second...as a conference championship game how god awful would this game look...i might not watch one second of it

If I were not an Eagles or Cardinals fan, I can't fathom giving a rat's ass about this game.  I completely agree.

If the Cardinals get to the Super Bowl, I might have a bunch of errands to do on February 1.