Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 08:25:21 PM
The Eagles D is carrying them.

I will say this, the defense has carried this team. It's the kind of D that wins Superbowls.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteSTEPHEN SPACH OUT FOR REST OF PLAYOFFS
Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2009, 8:35 p.m.

Arizona Cardinals tight end Stephen Spach has a torn knee ligament and will miss the rest of the postseason. Spach tore his right ACL during Saturday's win against the Panthers.

Spach was mostly used as a blocker after signing with the team in October, but he sealed the first-round win against the Falcons with a 23-yard catch on third-and-16 with just over two minutes left in the game. He had three catches for 34 yards in that game, bettering his regular season totals of two catches and 15 yards.

"He has done a good job for us in the running game, but it's not going to change our scheme," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "We're very comfortable with Ben [Patrick] and with Leonard [Pope] in doing what we've been doing. And they're healthier now than they were at times this year when we've struggled. So it shouldn't be a big issue."

Pope and Patrick have both battled knee injuries of late, but Whisenhunt said each of them would play Sunday. According to the Arizona Republic, the team will likely sign tight end Jerame Tuman, who they cut in December, to take Spach's roster spot.

I'm scurrrrred.

Diomedes

Glad to hear it.  If the Cards can run on the Eagles, that's a bad bad thing.  Anything that weakens their game is good news to me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

i keep wanting to be scared of this game because it's the proper way to approach it.  but i don't see how the cards can run on them, making them on dimensional...and the Eagles D is not going to be beaten by a one dimension offense. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Tomahawk

Quote from: SunMo on January 12, 2009, 09:02:30 PM
i keep wanting to be scared of this game because it's the proper way to approach it.  but i don't see how the cards can run on them, making them on dimensional...and the Eagles D is not going to be beaten by a one dimension offense. 

I'm with you. I haven't felt this confident about a playoff game since right before the Eagles lost their second straight NFCCG to Tampa.

Magical_Retard

Quote from: SunMo on January 12, 2009, 09:02:30 PM

I agree with you but I am sure that is exactly what Panthers fans were thinking. Maybe even the Falcons fans.

And of course it does not matter what we think, but sometimes it reflects what the team might be thinking. I really hope they do not underestimate the Cardinals. Like Reid, they learned that running the ball does not make you lose games but can in fact help. Edge will not break a 70 yard run but he is good enough to pick up some tough yards and almost always falls forward. Warner is on fire right now even without Boldin and considering how close Boldin came to playing this past game you have to believe he will play this sunday. And unlike the last meeting I just do not see Boldin dropping 2-3 passes and even fumbling once. Another great test for the D...to go from a RUN RUN RUN offense to now a great passing attack. If the front four can manufacture some pressure without the blitz the Eagles win.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Geowhizzer

The Cardinals of the playoffs have been a far different team than the one the Eagles played on Thanksgiving.

They're running the ball much better in both their playoff games.

They're playing a hell-raising defense that's causing turnovers.

Kurt Warner is a playoff-experienced quarterback, and he has big-time receivers.

Perhaps the Eagles should win this game, but thinking it is a lock is a mistake. The Cardinals have a very real shot of winning this game.

stalker

I really don't know enough about the Cards. How is the o-line? What kind of passing system do they run? Has anybody seen much of them?
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Munson

Kurt Warner, 2-4 all time against the Eagles
Kurt Warner, 1-0 all time against the Eagles in NFC Championship games
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Magical_Retard

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 10:23:28 PM
I really don't know enough about the Cards. How is the o-line? What kind of passing system do they run? Has anybody seen much of them?

Yes its called pass it to the 2 best WRs in the game and let them do their thing. It does not have to be accurate, it is usually though, but just in their vicinity.

Cards are playing amazing but I am not sold on their D. A rookie QB and Delhomme....hmm although then again McNabb almost always channels his inner rookie/Delhomme in big games.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

stalker

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 12, 2009, 11:08:14 PM
Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 10:23:28 PM

Yes its called pass it to the 2 best WRs in the game and let them do their thing. It does not have to be accurate, it is usually though, but just in their vicinity.

Cards are playing amazing but I am not sold on their D. A rookie QB and Delhomme....hmm although then again McNabb almost always channels his inner rookie/Delhomme in big games.

If you can't provide an answer, why bother to respond?

Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Dear Eagles and Concretecumvacuums,

Thank you so much for making me so much cash last weekend. At first, my books smiled, the local shmoes at the bar laughed and my friends were frazzled by my exteeeeeemley strong predictions about how the Eagles were my lock of the week. They did the same about my ravens prediction but.......thats a tale for another time my friends.....

After just checking the latest line on the afc ccg, my lock are the Ravens next weekend with +6! (what are you fargin kiddin me or what?  ???)

Anyways, I've read this whole thread post by post and have many responses to various opinions and to the relief of the entire forum I will not address them at this time. The one key debate in this thread is putting pressure on Warner as the path to victory. 

The key question is......when will McNabb choke?  Sunday or Superbowl Sunday.....its one or the other.....

Sincerely,

Truck

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

he's back!

where the hell have you been this season?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

TRUCK RATHMAN

Quote from: Don Ho on January 13, 2009, 04:15:43 AM
he's back!

where the hell have you been this season?

Layin low.....since we diidnt fire nolan before the season i knew it was a lost cause and joined a couple of money fantasy football leagues + $1200 weekly +7 winners pool + a couple of sides on the side, I've been too busy keeping up to come here and visit you fargin shmoes....i dont even visit any 9er forums, everyones jawkin for an espn bit...fargin all these guys finally learned to spell and they think theyre sal palantonio all of a sudden