Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CardTrader

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:42:55 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:38:37 PM
Yes, they are 28 points better.  We were 28 points better than the Carolina team we lost too also.

The Cards were playing their 3rd game in 11 days, if that doesn't mean much to you, then you haven't really followed the NFL.  It was a Thanksgiving night game in a hostile environment against a QB who for two weeks heard nothing but the media and fans mocking him.  It was a perfect storm.

Is it "they" or "we?"

Before you keep going with that "3rd game in 11 days" bit, don't you realize the Eagles had also played on the same days?

It's they and we....I cheer too :)

And yes, the Eagles played the same amount of games, but it's a lot easier to stomach a 3 day week when you don't have to travel across the entire country on the 3rd day.

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 12, 2009, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 12, 2009, 12:13:36 PM
So, um, am I the only one who is terrified of losing this game? I can't decide what would be worse. Losing to AZ or losing in the superbowl. Either one would probably cause my heart and testicles to explode.

100% chance they beat the cardinals
95% chance they win the superbowl

didnt think theyd win yesterday but said if they did the lombardi was theirs

and even if they dont get it its still a great year...they have been and are playing with house money...i feel no pressure whatsoever...obviously a lot of that has to do with the fact that im virtually positive they will win the sb

JESUS fargING CHRIST

Please Read....Please Read.... Please Read
IGY (aka Ice Grillin You) has chosen the Philadelphia Eagles to win this weeks game against the Arizona Cardinals. If you are a college student short of tuition, a renter of a city loft or an apartment and are looking to move into a 4 bedroom 3.5 bath with your family in the suburbs or you just want to donate to your favorite charity of choice...now is the time to withdraw all of your savings from your local bank and let it ride on the Cardinals.

I know it sucks to do and is against your morals and values as a die-hard Eagles fan but this is stone cold guaranteed money.

Thanks you.

stalker

Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:23:30 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
Hey, remember when people said the decision to stay at USC might have cost Leinart millions in the short term, but he would be much better off in the long term because of the great receivers in Arizona?

Those were fun times.

I think the Eagles may end up seeing some Leinart on Sunday.

You really think the Cards blow the Eagles out by that much that they will throw the scrubs in to save the starters for the SB?  I'm expecting a much closer game.

Happy Thanksgiving

Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.  The Cardinals 3rd game in 11 days and Mcnabb came out with something to prove.  This game is at home, where the Cards are pretty decent, and they are playing with a giant chip on their shoulder.  The Eagles MAY win the game, but it won't be a repeat of that Thanksgiving game.

It was in response to you saying the Cards may blow the Eagles out, just wanted to bring you back to reality...which I did. And I'm not 100% go rah Eagles win in this game because the Cards obviously feel disrespected and as you said are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Every other factor - past wins, hfa, weather, all that junk goes out the window - the better team will win, its the playoffs, that's what they're for.

CardTrader

Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 01:02:26 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:23:30 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on January 12, 2009, 12:16:48 PM
Quote from: CardTrader on January 12, 2009, 12:14:15 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 12, 2009, 12:09:27 PM
Hey, remember when people said the decision to stay at USC might have cost Leinart millions in the short term, but he would be much better off in the long term because of the great receivers in Arizona?

Those were fun times.

I think the Eagles may end up seeing some Leinart on Sunday.

You really think the Cards blow the Eagles out by that much that they will throw the scrubs in to save the starters for the SB?  I'm expecting a much closer game.

Happy Thanksgiving

Yaaaaaaaaaaawn.  The Cardinals 3rd game in 11 days and Mcnabb came out with something to prove.  This game is at home, where the Cards are pretty decent, and they are playing with a giant chip on their shoulder.  The Eagles MAY win the game, but it won't be a repeat of that Thanksgiving game.

It was in response to you saying the Cards may blow the Eagles out, just wanted to bring you back to reality...which I did. And I'm not 100% go rah Eagles win in this game because the Cards obviously feel disrespected and as you said are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Every other factor - past wins, hfa, weather, all that junk goes out the window - the better team will win, its the playoffs, that's what they're for.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think the Cards will blow the Eagles out(although I hope they do), but someone made a comment about seeing Leinart in the game, so I responded.

stalker

Warner will be sodomized by Stewie during the game.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: stalker on January 12, 2009, 01:08:48 PM
Warner will be sodomized by Stewie during the game.

Kind of like when Patterson jammed his finger in Eli's stinkhole on that sneak.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Tomahawk on January 12, 2009, 01:11:33 PM
I bet that would draw a flag

Not necessarily.  Any if it did, Reid could just throw a hissy fit to have it picked up.

PhillyGirl

Does anyone have the stats that the Post Game showed last night (CSN) on Warner's stats vs the Eagles in 6 games? I think he was sacked 20 times in those 6 games and had some ridiculously bad stats to show for it. Jim Johnson knows how to handle Kurt Warner. Blitz or not, he has his number.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

no way the Bucs Panthers Cardinals can beat the Eagles
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.