Eagles vs. Cardinals - NFC Championship game

Started by SD_Eagle5, January 11, 2009, 04:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

i've never seen a supposed superstar such as brian dawkins come up so small in every one of their NFC champ games.  has he EVER made a big play in one of those games?  he nailed algee crumpler once, but that mother farger still held onto the ball.  seriously, the dude fades in this game.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: reese125 on January 19, 2009, 11:46:35 AM
QuoteBTW I am sure everyone noticed Boldin getting into a argument with their offensive coordinator on the sideline....I think he is done there. Please get Boldin.

than that means Warner is too because he let him have it first

its obvious they have a passive-ass offensive coordinator who you can beat into the ground---and that same Hoyda just led them to the Superbowl--we need one

He was also the guy who TO yelled at his first year in Dallas when he was coming off the field at The Linc.

Cerevant

On a related note, is there a worse play-by-play team than Marv Albert & Jim Fassel?  Albert seemed constantly surprised that there was a football game going on - he mentions a fumble like it was an afterthought, and he waits for the play to end before he gives a description right off of a GameTracker.

Add to that the incredibly insightful commentary from Fassel that McNabb was inaccurate.  That's it.  The whole game.  That's all he had.

I'm stuck in north bumblefarg Pennsylvania with no TV and these are the losers I'm stuck with to call the NFC championship game.  I wanted to stick a fork in my ear.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

shorebird

Quote from: EagleFeva on January 19, 2009, 07:32:30 AM
Quote from: shorebird on January 19, 2009, 06:53:44 AM
Ya' know, if watching Fitz shred the Eagles D from the opposite sideline didn't prove to Reid what this offense needs then nothing ever will. Not to mention that after watching all the replays of Warner hitting his receivers in the numbers and in stride so they can get big, big yac, makes me think that even an old ass dog like Warner is a better qb than McNabb. When the chips were down, he threw low and behind his guys. The one time that Djack was open he threw high, and almost got intercepted. The one time he hit Lewis in stride on a coursing pattern, he got major yac. But it was the only friggen' time.

Unless I ever see otherwise, in my mind he will be the qb who can't get it done in when the heat is on in the playoffs. I don't care what the numbers say, he choked, plain and simple.

Exact same thing goes for his coach too.

farg that.

Anyone trying to pin this shtein on McNabb is either blaming him just because he's the QB or simply don't know what they were watching yesterday.  Was McNabb at his best yesterday?  No... not even close...especially in the 1st half.  Does he deserve to take shots for leaving some plays out on the field?  Hell yeah.  Did he play well enough to where his team had a chance to win?  25-24 says YES.

If you want to see where the game was lost... look at the defense who had given up 10.8 ppg the last 6 games, only to get 32 dropped on them.  Look at the defense who couldn't muster one single turnover against a QB who outside of Brett Favre is the most known for giving them up.  Look at the defense who got zero pressure on Warner without the blitz.  Look at the defense who had been so good all year in the red zone give up TD's every time yesterday.  Look at the defense that gave up a 14 play, 7 and a half minute, 71 yard drive for a TOUCHDOWN right after being given the lead.  Look at the defensive coordinator who left Larry Fitzgerald in one on one coverage at the farging goal line and what seemed to be the whole game... and he ran free for the rest of it.  farg... even leave it at the feet of the kicker who left 5 points out there his damn self.

Look, McNabb and the offense did not look pretty yesterday... but they put up 25 farging points.  That's PLENTY if the defense and the D coordinator don't shtein the bed and play like they've got a backbone.

S'cuse me, but were in my post did I pin this loss on McNabb? I'm not saying he's the reason the Eagles lost, but he's one big reason why they didn't win. he couldn't get it done when it counted most. Like it has been said before on this board by someone, you almost new it was over when the Cards came back and scored to take the lead again. It just looks to me that he can't lead this team late in the game to a big win. 4 NFC Championship losses prove it.

Don Ho

Quote from: Cerevant on January 21, 2009, 05:25:28 AM
On a related note, is there a worse play-by-play team than Marv Albert & Jim Fassel?  Albert seemed constantly surprised that there was a football game going on - he mentions a fumble like it was an afterthought, and he waits for the play to end before he gives a description right off of a GameTracker.

Add to that the incredibly insightful commentary from Fassel that McNabb was inaccurate.  That's it.  The whole game.  That's all he had.

I'm stuck in north bumblefarg Pennsylvania with no TV and these are the losers I'm stuck with to call the NFC championship game.  I wanted to stick a fork in my ear.

I've always thought Marv Albert was terrible on the radio.  Your observations are dead on.  It's so frustrating listening to him call a field goal.  He takes 30 seconds after the play is over to tell you if it's good or not.  On the contrary the guy that did the Steelers/Ravens game on Westwood One is nuts.  His name escapes me.  He makes a simple one yard plunge sound like a 90 yard game winning score.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Joe Buck is excruciatingly bad. I mean, its hard to get as bad as him. How he's the A team pbp guy is beyond me.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Thank god FOX is not doing the Super Bowl as I don't think I could take Buck schlurping all over Warner and the constant shots of his wife in the stands.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

shorebird

Quote from: PhillyGirl on January 22, 2009, 09:14:59 AM
Joe Buck is excruciatingly bad. I mean, its hard to get as bad as him. How he's the A team pbp guy is beyond me.

I friggen' can't stand Joe Buck and don't know a single person who likes him. Every one of the people who I usually watch football with share the same opinion. Aikman needs another broadcast partner.

reese125

I disagree but whatever

although he tends to sway to a particular team here and there--I think he has one of the best voices for broadcasting..and he knows his shtein which is the most important thing.

ice grillin you

i wouldnt say he knows his stuff...he doesnt know much about football hes a baseball guy...but hes not an analyst...hes a play by play guy and hes a good one...i dont get the hate either....not talking about anyone on this board specifically but most of the hate he seems to get is from eagle homers who for some reason think hes out to get the birds....i personally dont get it but ive heard many many people say it so maybe he has some vendetta against the team....i dont know...i think hes a fine announcer not the best but better than a lot of people
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Phanatic

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

I'll be pissed for at least another 6 months.  Than I'll just be angry and bitter for the rest of my life.

shtein, I'm still fuming over Super Bowl XV. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 23, 2009, 11:40:09 AM
Almost a week later....still pissed.

All I think about when I think about the game is that pass/run ratio they put up on the TV in the 3rd quarter. I wanted to kill someone.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Magical_Retard

I don't know how long I was hurting after the Carolina loss back in Jan 04 since that was 5 yrs ago and I was having the time of my life in college, but this one just hurts a lot. I can not even imagine getting pumped up for another season. It might have been foolish but I really thought this was it...that this was their year. I even was having delusions of them beating the Steelers in the Superbowl. Or the Ravens...whoever made it.

Now they can possibly come back for another run, they did make 4 consecutive runs, but the NFC East is so much better now and I just do not see the FO doing enough in the offsetting to make the Eagles be the top team in the division or even the NFC. I mean after all they will just point out this run as proof that their way works and all you have to do is minor tweaks here and there.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!