A Decade of Andy Reid

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 19, 2008, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

lets not forget andys ensuing decision to punt on 4th and 10 from his own 30 down by 3 with 2 timeouts
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

1. Tampa
2. Super Bowl
3. Carolina

Arizona isn't even close because they were going up against Kurt Warner and two all pro WR's, and by that point it had already been ingrained in my head that McNabb/Reid lost these types of games.

They had everything going for them against Tampa, and had they won they would have played the lost Raiders in the Super Bowl. That was THE year. And they blew it.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Why do people think that they would have beat Oakland in the SB that year?  The year before the Raiders handled the Eagles convincingly in Philly.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 22, 2011, 05:23:54 PM
Why do people think that they would have beat Oakland in the SB that year?  The year before the Raiders handled the Eagles convincingly in Philly.

i dont get this either...tampa blew out the raiders cause they were hitting on all cylinders and were the best team in the nfl at that point...surely the eagles could have beaten the raiders but i never understood why everyone always thought it was a lock
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

The Raiders were a fraud and were exposed in the Superbowl. I'm not saying the Eagles would have blown them out but I think they would have won. The Eagles finally beat the Giants on MNF the week prior to facing the Raiders, so they had the dreaded letdown game and were on a short week, not to mention it was an entire year later.

Feva

Quote from: SD on January 22, 2011, 05:31:11 PM

The Raiders were a fraud and were exposed in the Superbowl. I'm not saying the Eagles would have blown them out but I think they would have won. The Eagles finally beat the Giants on MNF the week prior to facing the Raiders, so they had the dreaded letdown game and were on a short week, not to mention it was an entire year later.

This. The Raiders were far from world beaters and the Eagles were easily a better team that year. The Eagles have lost to plenty of teams below their level so I'm not saying that it was a lock or anything, but I would have been very confident against the Raiders.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Munson

^^^^What they said. Plus doesn't everybody remember the mess that they seemed to be in? THe all-pro center disappears without reason before the game and there just seemed to be mass confusion and question marks around the entire organization by the time the game rolled around.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

I'm not saying that the Eagles definitely would have lost to Oakland, but I don't think they matched up well against them at all and I don't get why some people (especially the dude who wrote that article) assumes that a SB against the Raiders would have been a lock win. 

ice grillin you

because it makes the tampa loss worse if you say that

PhillyPhreak54

Other than the Jurevicius nut kick, BMitch KOR and Duce scoring, the thing I remember most about that game was after Bobby T picked off Johnson the offense stalled at mid-field. I firmly believe that had they been able to score there they win the ballgame.

ice grillin you

the b mitch kick return was the most insane eagle crowd ive ever experienced...even more than the duce run that followed

Diomedes

Well since you firmly believe it, this dream of yours, let me know when I can come along for the ride.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 22, 2011, 06:33:30 PM
I'm not saying that the Eagles definitely would have lost to Oakland, but I don't think they matched up well against them at all and I don't get why some people (especially the dude who wrote that article) assumes that a SB against the Raiders would have been a lock win. 

The Eagles had a top 5 offense and defense that year if I'm not mistaken. (something like 3 in offense, 2 in defense) They would have gone up against a Raider team that threw the ball all over and didn't run for shtein. How exactly didn't they match up? The only D better than the Eagles then was Tampas, who smashed the Raiders. Again, not saying they def. would have won, but the Eagles were a better team than the Raiders.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 22, 2011, 08:13:58 PM
the b mitch kick return was the most insane eagle crowd ive ever experienced...even more than the duce run that followed

God, I remember that feeling. After that Duce TD, you couldn't have told me shtein! Was all downhill from there, tho...

Don Ho

That was the greatest moment as a birds fan up to that point when BMitch returned that opening kick.  I never screamed so loud in my life.  Up there with Wilbert's touchdown run against Dallas in 1981.  Duce scores two plays later.  Win.  It's over.  Not so fast.  Fat boy and his conservative play calling and yakNabb playing like dog shtein still haunts me.  I still see Barber returning that pick six in my dreams.

The Carolina game just had a bad feel to it.  Westbrook was out, Caldwell was out.  Stinkston and Trash living up to what they really were.  No call on that late hit against McNabb.

These are all such warm and fuzzy memories.  I am gonna go drink now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.