A Decade of Andy Reid

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 19, 2008, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: Rome on October 21, 2008, 11:09:28 AM
I'll say it again, though... what he says in private is a lot different than the fluff he writes on the site.  There's several of us here who can attest to that.

Its like night and day

"Dave, what do you think of XXXXX"
"He sucks.  He's slow, can't play football"
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: paco on October 21, 2008, 11:36:28 AM
"Dave, what do you think of Tony Hunt?"
"He sucks.  He's slow, can't play football"

shorebird

Quote from: Rome on October 21, 2008, 11:09:28 AM
I'll say it again, though... what he says in private is a lot different than the fluff he writes on the site.  There's several of us here who can attest to that.

Man, I don't doubt thats true. It's hard to believe that anyone can look at that team day in and day out and have the opinions that he puts in print. Myself, I couldn't do it.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

I don't care how close he gets to the team, I couldn't be Lurie's puppet, writing fluff knowing most all of it's bullcrap.

Rome

Oh, come on... he gets PAID to accentuate the positive about a professional football team, run a website and produce a monthly magazine.

To suggest that you couldn't do what he does for moral or ethical reasons is absurd.  It's just a farging football team, after all.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: shorebird on October 22, 2008, 08:23:36 AM
I don't care how close he gets to the team, I couldn't be Lurie's puppet, writing fluff knowing most all of it's bullcrap.

Jeff Lurie: "Hey shorebird this is Jeff Lurie, how would you like to come and work for the Eagles?"
shorebird: "Doing what, exactly?"
Jeff Lurie: "PR stuff, you know, interviewing the players and the cheerleaders, writing articles about the team. Getting to cover training camp and the games for free. You can post on the message board as much as you want because it's part of your job description. How does that sound?"
shorebird: "No thanks, Jeff. That goes against my morals"
Jeff Lurie: "Sorry to hear that, do you have havas's number?"
shorebird: "Nope"
Jeff Lurie: "wow, we're in a real bind, nobody wants this job, we might have to scrape the bottom of the barrel and hire this jew kid that goes to Temple"

ice grillin you

i can honestly say 1000% for sure that i would not do that...for one thing i would not work for the same organization that employs joe banner...for another im not a lapdog souless hack POS like spadaro
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

shorebird

lol! Really, even if I could write and took the job, I'd get fired real quick, first time I questioned one of Reid's draft picks, or Reid's play calling, or the FO's line of crap they keep feeding the fans about full speed ahead and gold standard.

It's got nothing to do with my morals or ethics.

The Insider/with shorebird

So, I asked Andy Reid about the offense's total ineptitude inside the Red Zone and at the Goaline. He stated that he would have to put his players in a better postition to win. I asked him what better position could you have been in than 1st and goal? No answer
I asked Andy how he felt about L.J. lining up in the wrong position at the goaline, and then screwing up a key block. Shouldn't his players be better prepared to play, and are dumb mistakes like that a direct reflection on the coach? No answer.
I asked Andy why, with two #1 picks in the draft next year, did this teams front office let the Cowboys outbid them for the services of Roy Williams? He said we are fine at the WR position. I asked him with his draft record, does he think that he can make any picks that will be comparable to what he could have had in Williams? No answer.
I asked Mr. Banner, how do you feel about your Gold Standard being the motis operandi of the last place team in the NFC East. Had to duck after that one.
Needless to say, this is my last article as I have recieved my pink slip from the FO.

reese125

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2008, 08:56:31 AM
i can honestly say 1000% for sure that i would not do that...for one thing i would not work for the same organization that employs joe banner...for another im not a lapdog souless hack POS like spadaro

No, you're just a guy who bets against the teams he's supposed to love.

ice grillin you

no im not a weirdo fan whos dream job is to work for his favorite team...i just want them to win a superbowl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote from: Rome on October 22, 2008, 11:13:58 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2008, 08:56:31 AM

No, you're just a guy who bets against the teams he's supposed to love.

I want an explanation how you can watch and cheer at the same time when trying to achieve this goal?

rjs246

It's called hedging your bets. And as a Philly fan I understand it 100% even if I don't condone it. You can make yourself a lot of money betting agaisnt philly and it can be seen as win win. If they win, you paid a little extra money but you're happy they won. If they lose you get some money to ease the frustration. I can't do it, but it isn't that hard to understand.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.