A Decade of Andy Reid

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 19, 2008, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 09, 2009, 12:47:25 PM
i dont know about that. if they remain nfc east champs and make the playoffs most years, i cant see how he doesnt get another extension.

though, its very likely that the kobb thing could blow up in a year or two and take fat ass right down with him.

i dont know this but im pretty sure all parties realize this is his last contract in philadelphia
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

since i know you know no one to tell you inside info, this is based off of your instincts

it might be right, but i just dont see a stubborn egomaniac like andy quitting to go do tv or go back to utah to work on a farm.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he owns a home in LA...thats where he will go

JackStraw

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 09, 2009, 01:06:17 PM
he owns a home in LA...thats where he will go

Where he will team-up with the NFL to bring a team back to LA. Or groomed for some role in the league.  I think the league office really likes Andy and maybe he will cash-in his Vick chits someday with them.
Endless regression to the mean

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

BobbyT

I'm sure  there is nothing in the contract that says he can't be fired before that term so the sky isn't falling.

This could be worse..there are at least 20 teams in the league I wouldn't change places with regardless of who was coaching.
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

ice grillin you

the sky will be falling when/if they dont also extend tom heckert who is only signed thru next year...and not because heckert is terrible (hes actually quite competant) but rather because if he is not extended that means howie roseman is the new GM

Drunkmasterflex

^ :puke

I understand why they extended Reid doesn't mean I have to like it.  There was an excellent article in SI last week about Reid and McNabb.  It was wondering if Reid is like Chuck Knox or Marty Schottenheimer.  Or is he like Dungy, Cowher, or Coughlin. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 09, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
the sky will be falling when/if they dont also extend tom heckert who is only signed thru next year...and not because heckert is terrible (hes actually quite competant) but rather because if he is not extended that means howie roseman is the new GM

if the Eagles have some good success (like another nfccg) Heckert may well be gone anyway.

Sgt PSN

i dont know about that. if they remain nfc east champs and make the playoffs most years, i cant see how he doesnt get another extension.

another extension puts him over 15 years with the eagles.  do you really think he'll stay much longer than that?  the days of 20+ yr coaches with the same team in the nfl are long gone.  i think chuck knoll and tom landry were the last 2 coaches to be with the same team more than 20 consecutive years and it's been nearly 20 years since either of them did that.   hell, even between multiple teams, there aren't many guys out there that seem to go much more than 15 consecutive years as head coaches. 

holmgren coached 16 straight years between gb and sea. 

cowher did 15 yrs in pitt

shanahan did 14 in den

dungy did 13 in tampa/indy

fisher is in his 15th year with the oiltits

so even though reid is around for another 4 years or so, i seriously doubt there will be much more beyond that. 

QB Eagles

Dan Reeves coached 23 straight years ending in 2003. And he had even less success than Reid.

I wouldn't be shocked if Reid went 20 years. Actually his fat body taking another 10 years of abuse with the heart still going strong would be the most surprising part of that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 09, 2009, 08:54:49 PM
Dan Reeves coached 23 straight years ending in 2003. And he had even less success than Reid.

good call.  seemed like somewhere along the line he took a break but apparently not. 

i just don't think the younger "modern day" coaches really have it in them to coach that long though.  at least not in consecutive years.  they're paid better but under more stress and scrutiny than ever.  they deal with cry baby athletes all day long.  they work 18 hours a day 11 months out of the year.  i think most coaches these days seem to lose the desire between 10-15 straight years.  can't say i blame them either.  they've made plenty of bank and there's more than enough network jobs out there for them to stay connected to the game but live at a more relaxed pace. 

Eagaholic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 09, 2009, 08:23:38 PM

another extension puts him over 15 years with the eagles.  do you really think he'll stay much longer than that?  the days of 20+ yr coaches with the same team in the nfl are long gone.  i think chuck knoll and tom landry were the last 2 coaches to be with the same team more than 20 consecutive years and it's been nearly 20 years since either of them did that.   hell, even between multiple teams, there aren't many guys out there that seem to go much more than 15 consecutive years as head coaches. 

holmgren coached 16 straight years between gb and sea. 

cowher did 15 yrs in pitt

shanahan did 14 in den

dungy did 13 in tampa/indy

fisher is in his 15th year with the oiltits

so even though reid is around for another 4 years or so, i seriously doubt there will be much more beyond that. 

Never really considered you extraordinarily optimistic, Sarge.

Think eight wheeled version of a JJ cart, equipped with oxygen tanks, on the sideline.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Eagaholic on December 09, 2009, 09:03:50 PM
Think eight wheeled version of a JJ cart, equipped with oxygen tanks, on the sideline.

2 words come to mind.  open.  flame. 

Eagaholic