A Decade of Andy Reid

Started by PhillyPhreak54, July 19, 2008, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Ibeluvineagles on July 23, 2008, 10:00:41 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on July 23, 2008, 07:13:03 PM
With your first post here, you sidle up to AR and sing the praises of authority...well done.  You should do great here.

Not sidling up. Just keeping in mind that I am a fan not an expert. I doubt if anyone on here understands the intricacies of professional football as well as Andy Reid.

and thus he is free of criticism or second guessing?

not sure what youre getting at here
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

I refuse to believe that anyone really believes that crap.

General_Failure

Thankfully, this is where the Philly media really shines. Nobody who lives in the area and has access to something other than the evening news sports report will ever believe that anyone is beyond criticism.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MURP

the decade before Reid was filled with some high points and a lot of misery.  Sounds just like the decade when Reid was the coach.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MURP on July 30, 2008, 12:08:47 AM
the decade before Reid was filled with some high points and a lot of misery.  Sounds just like the decade when Reid was the coach.

That's a bit much. Not to defend Reid, but he is obviously preferable to Kotite and Rhodes. That's extremely faint praise, and I hope no one mistakes that for a full endorsement of Reid's coaching abilities.

96 wins (8 playoff) under 9 years of Reid vs. 77 wins (2 playoff) under 8 years of Kotite and Rhodes and 1 year of Ryan.
1 Super Bowl victory by NFC East rivals vs. 5 Super Bowl victories by NFC East rivals
We all remember the early 90s defenses fondly, but in our nostalgia we forget how badly those offenses sucked. In 1991 the Eagles leading rusher was James Joseph. Other than 2-1/4  years of Randall Cunningham, the Eagles had no legitimate QB during the nine seasons before Reid.

shorebird

Father Demon

I guess MURP found where PG hides the laptop.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Apparently Eskin, the mouthpiece that he is, said on his show today that the Eagles have to make the playoffs or they will "look into" replacing him.

ice grillin you

he didnt say they would he said maybe they will...as in its possible...he was just giving his opinion vs reporting something that someone in the organization told him

PhillyPhreak54

Ah ok. With as many peckers he sucks over there in the NCC for him to say they would really look into it would mean something.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 23, 2008, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: Ibeluvineagles on July 23, 2008, 07:11:44 PM
I think Andy is doing a solid job in comparison to the vast majority of NFL head coaches. I know he knows alot more about personell then fans and commentators. If he feels his offense will work fine with his existing WR's why should any of us have the audacity to assume we know better? Remember, we didn't win a SB with TO, and the Patriots didn't win one with Moss. The biggest play by a WR in the last SB was a 4th guy (Tyree).

Spuds?   :sly

LOL!! :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

:flipoff you fatass, get us a farging top notch WR.

ice grillin you

wip has been replaying luries state of the union address from training camp...and wow it sounds horrible after yesterday...his last words "and we are GOING FOR IT"

pedal to the metal = the new gold standard

Seabiscuit36

lol, what a joke of an organization.  Whats great is how they love themeselves so much
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons