NFL players not farging up and helping people thread

Started by Sgt PSN, July 07, 2008, 10:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

So there probably won't be many posts in this thread, but here's a place for the rare occasion that an NFL player actually does something good.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477130

Tony Gonzalez saves a guy from choking.

SunMo

how can nobody in a restaurant know what to do when somebody chokes?  it should be mandatory training, especially for waitstaff.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

QB Eagles

Philadelphians have a lot more familiarity with choking than other folks. Met fans might be catching up, though.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on July 07, 2008, 10:52:19 PM
how can nobody in a restaurant know what to do when somebody chokes?  it should be mandatory training, especially for waitstaff.

You'd think that. My Dad has been in the restaurant business for 35 years, and my step Mom is a registered nurse. I was having dinner with them New Years eve a few years back when a piece of steak got lodged in my throat. I didn't panic and took a swig of beer hoping to wash it down. Didn't work, so I rose to my feet and put my hands around my neck which is the universal sign for choking. They all just stood there dumbfounded and watched me. Finally I leaned over and coughed it up. Beer was even coming out my nose because the piece was lodged in there so bad. Moral of the story: Don't choke on food

Seabiscuit36

Like SD said, its really weird when someone is choking in a restaurant.   We were at a Sushi place, and some guy yelled, we stood up and saw one guy behind the guy choking, we didnt know if it was a fight or a heart attack.  Ends up the guy choked on a sushi roll, but luckily had a paramedic sitting at the table next to him. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhanInDC

Diffusion of Responsibility

and

Bystander Effect

By the way....this thread will most likely not be updated with another example for about a year.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

paco

Mike McMahon did a great job parking my car for me last weekend.

Sorry, no link.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 08, 2008, 09:36:31 AM

You'd think that. My Dad has been in the restaurant business for 35 years, and my step Mom is a registered nurse. I was having dinner with them New Years eve a few years back when a piece of steak got lodged in my throat. I didn't panic and took a swig of beer hoping to wash it down. Didn't work, so I rose to my feet and put my hands around my neck which is the universal sign for choking. They all just stood there dumbfounded and watched me. Finally I leaned over and coughed it up. Beer was even coming out my nose because the piece was lodged in there so bad. Moral of the story: Don't choke on food

Have you considered that they simply chose not to help?

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on July 08, 2008, 02:32:52 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on July 08, 2008, 09:36:31 AM

Have you considered that they simply chose not to help?
That or a fear of Lawsuits in this gay ass world we live in
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

so SD's parents were worried that he would sue them?

Seabiscuit36

overall, just saying i think its creates people being hesitant

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

SunMo