2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I decided early this morning that being in the city when they won was good enough...and as much as I would have loved going to the parade, and as much as I love the Phillies....I really want/need my first parade in Philly to be an Eagles Super Bowl win.

So I've been at home watching the coverage all day and it looks awesome/nuts. They're in the stadium now and I'm loving watching these players get their cell phone cameras out to record shtein....it's like they're little kids again watching it happen, and not the ones that made it happen.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Hahaha WOW.

Chase Utley gets up to give his speech to the stadium/on live television....and what does the clean cut good boy do?

"World Champions.......World fargING CHAMPIONS!"

It wasn't bleeped. And It was awesome. ANd the reaction of the rest of the team was priceless.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Don Ho

love it!  no time to bleep that out.

lovin' all the Mets bashing.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Utley is a farging god. Wow.

That would not fly in MA, but in Philly, he is now an even bigger Human Jesus than he was before.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 31, 2008, 04:48:09 PM
Utley is a farging god. Wow.

That would not fly in MA, but in Philly, he is now an even bigger Human Jesus than he was before.

yes. any dickwad that complains about that can kiss my ass.  these kids heard a lot worse when dad or uncle were letting the expletives fly during the past three weeks.

start printing up the t-shirts!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Drunkmasterflex

I hope you all are enjoying this, wish I could be there.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Eagles_Legendz

Was at the parade.  The float Werth was on stopped next to us and we were against the ropes.  A guy next to me was drinking Vodka straight from the bottle and Werth yells "throw it to me!"  The guy tosses it onto the float and Werth starts chugging and drives away with it.  I have a picture on my camera I'll have to load on here.  Awesome.  He was blitttzed.

:yay

LBIggle

farg yeah that shtein was awesome.

drove from my boys house in williamstown over the ben franklin with almost no traffic compared to the mob scene that was the walt whitman.  we found free parking in 20 minutes on a side road and walked 10 blocks down til we hit that mob scene and trucked our way down to broad and chestnut.  it was the perfect place to watch it, all the buses stopped there.

watching the parade made it set in a little more.  it was fitting that burrell was first on the horse drawn carriage.

sucks for whoever decided to try and take public transportation. their probably still waiting.

MDS

I took the bus from Broad and about Oxford to Vine where they had to let us off. Let this be the last time I ever step foot on a SEPTA bus in my life. Pretty much a bus full of white trash Munsons, old black people who couldn't care less who was in there way, and trashy Puerto Ricans who just got in from Queens.

God damn.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Seabiscuit36

Chase Utley is forever my favorite Phillie, he almost had it wrapped up but then today he goes and does that.  WORLD fargING CHAMPIONS. 

Amazing day, we got to the FDR at 830, tailgated all morning until 1230, and walked over to broad, then trucked into the linc for the seats there, the aramark people suck ass it took over a half hour to get farging 2 hotdogs. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

The BIGSTUD

Never had so much fun ever in anything. I love you all.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Wingspan

Seriously...the parade today was farging awesome.

I went to a relatives on Snyder Ave.waited there for them to pass. I had a backpack full of beer, that Bruntlet and someone else (i think Happ, i don't know for certian) asked for one, i tossed them the whole backpack (about 15 of them), by the time we got to oregon, I had a WS Hat auto'd by everyone on the float.

Once they turned into the linc..i went to my seats at CBP. teared up at just about everything.

This was just about the greatest day in philly sports history as far as I am concerned.

This was just all day long a blast. I don't think anything will ever top the experience we had today.

WORLD fargING CHAMPIONS!
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.