2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

I'm preparing myself for a typical Philly loss. I don't want it to happen but watching base runners get stranded over and over again is such a Philly sports way to lose. Something inexplicably frustrating. You know it's coming but you watch anyway.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm feeling overly gloomy today.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

MDS

they were a hit here or a hit there for winning the game, dooks. they were dominated.

sometimes you get bad luck, like dobbs happening to not be able to pick up the ball against this guy and being up with a runner at 3rd and less than two outs. or feliz hitting a ball hard and right at some one.

at some point, it comes down to results. you gotta get the job done. but they put guys on base and eventually logic says those runs are gonna come home. thats all.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

You know whats awesome.....that so called "underdogs" (which is extremely debatable) never ever ever win in sports historyr

"highly doubtful", "how do you figure", "not a better team", "you need to be SO fortunate"...blah blah blah

The Phillies have just as much an opportunity to win this than friggin Tampa, and the final scores dictate that, The fact that someone (not naming names) is dwelling on JUST and only JUST the negative perspective is horrendous..trying to proclaim a "see..I told  you so."

if you know who you are...raise your hand

ice grillin you

90% of people who know baseball picked the rays...does that mean the phillies cant win absolutely not...and saying the phillies can or even will win isnt stupid but saying the two teams have an equal chance is...unless as i suspect youre saying that because the series is tied 1-1 and each team needs the same amount of wins...and in that case you would be correct

oh and its not debatable about whether the phillies are underdogs or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

ice grillin you

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2008, 09:22:36 AM
just got this email from my boy...

I can get 3 tickets to game 5 for $100 for all 3, you interested in going, SRO

ha...my boy left a zero off his email...three tickets for 1000 bucks...i dont know whos the bigger idiot him for doing that or me for believing it

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 24, 2008, 08:39:23 AM
Just finished reading the last 2 pages of this thread...I never, EVER want to hear that I'm a drama queen again. Not with IGY, Phreak and DonHo's posts. Holy shtein. They split the first 2 games on the farging road and are coming home for 3 straight. Get a grip. Did you think they were going to sweep them?  ::)

now you know why my wife makes me go upstairs and watch the game alone.   she walks in and asks me "Is it necessary to swear?  Does that help things?"  Sure does.  My neighbor's think I'm beating my wife and kid during Phils/Birds/Sixers games.  Ask Sea Biscuits brother as he's seen me at the sports bar in true form usually being asked to pipe it down or leave.

when you watch the game alone in solitary you tend to go off.  have to admit the "negativity" was at an all time high here yesterday with IGY, Phreak and yours truly just fueling the fire.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2008, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2008, 09:22:36 AM
just got this email from my boy...

I can get 3 tickets to game 5 for $100 for all 3, you interested in going, SRO

ha...my boy left a zero off his email...three tickets for 1000 bucks...i dont know whos the bigger idiot him for doing that or me for believing it

If the games were in Tampa I still wouldn't believe it. $100 sounds like way too pricey for tickets down there. But in Philly? Yeah, too good to be true.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spseries102,0,4458526.story

Matt Garza says:

Quote"I've done my early scouting, and I'll tell you what," Garza told NBC this week. "Facing that Phillies lineup compared to facing the Red Sox lineup, the Tigers' lineup or the Yankees' lineup, you get a little bit of a break with the Phillies' lineup."

I also love how the Newsday, a NY rag, calls CBP tiny. Interesting that Shea gave up more bombs this year than CBP.

ice grillin you

thats cause of the mets bullpen and the great phillies bullpen...i cant imagine any park gives up more cheesy homers than the bank...and shea certainly doesnt

Rome

ice grillin you

BigEd76

CW57 is showing game 6 of the 1980 World Series right now, including NBC pregame with Bryant Gumbel

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons