2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

The winner of the next game 100% wins the series.  The Phillies need to get Garza early, and Moyer needs to not suck.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I have a gift.

I thought the 100% was a nice touch.  While it's a complete lie and hyperbole at its best, it sounds good.

The truth is that the Phillies are 100% going to win the Series regardless.  farg the Rays.  They shouldn't even have a team.

Rome

The Phillies split in Tampa and got decent pitching to boot.  If someone asked me three days ago if I'd be happy with those results, I'd have said damn straight.

The hitting will come around and I think Moyer's going to pitch the game of his life tomorrow night.

I said it before and I'll say it again... Phils in Six.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 24, 2008, 10:36:25 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 24, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 24, 2008, 08:52:17 AMI know the AL/NL records, but at the same time, it all goes out the window when you get to the opposing team ballpark in the world series.

the phillies were 2-7 at home vs the AL this year

They didn't play Tampa. What is your point?

crazy correlation i know but tampa won the division and league all those teams were in
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

People here massively overreact to 1 game(win or lose), it's quite comical.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

im actually pretty level headed...series has gone just as i thought...hamels should win and the rays should win the rest of the games...if either of those things go off course then the series could change dramatically....well see if it does

other than hamels and lidge i see no area where the phillies are better than tampa...and lidge is neutralized in games hamels doesnt pitch

Wingspan

I wasn't talking about or to you. You should be happy you got your free lunch from someone today.
Connection Problems

MDS

so if/when the phis win can we hire a security detail to hold igy down and prevent him from coming to the parade? guy has been beyond negative all season, im pretty sure he proclaimed the phillies done at least 15 different times.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

that was last year...this year i thought they were done maybe once...much less than most people on the thread

this isnt even about them being done...it about them not being the better team and having to have some really fortunate stuff happen for them to win...can they win sure...hell the cards won a couple years ago

will they win...highly doubtful

MDS

its got to be a 50/50 shot at this point.

you have to figure they will win 2/3 at home. youre talking about splitting 3 and 4 with hamels winning 5. then its a crapshoot if they can come out of tampa and win 6 or 7.

but this aint over, hater.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

actually you gotta figure they lose two of three at home with winning 2/3 being a possibility...tampas better...the phillies are horrible against al teams...and they are at a big disadvantage in two of the three home pitching matchups

other than blind faith what would make you "figure" theyre gonna win 2/3 at home

MDS

because the next 2 guys are both rhps. and neither are that good.

logic and odds say the phils will get some runs in 1 of those 2 games, if not both.

ice grillin you

last night was a rhp who was struggling and look what happened...the next two righties have been dominant and very good

faith says the phillies are gonna score runs not logic..and even if you believe they will you have to also have faith that moyer and blanton will both contain tb