Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

no way.  i'm glad kevin jones is having such a mediocre injury plagued career. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on March 14, 2008, 09:12:45 AM
no way.  i'm glad kevin jones is having such a mediocre injury plagued career. 

Exactly.  It's not like the guy just decided not to go to PSU.  Thousands of guys do that every year.  He came to the farging press conference in a Penn State jersey, just to twist the knife in Joe Paterno's back.

SD_Eagle5

Penn State had the last laugh with the whole VT shooting thing. Tell me you weren't thinking farg Kevin Jones when that was happening.

SunMo

i wasn't at the time, but i'm having a hearty laugh about it now...good ol' Cho
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on March 14, 2008, 09:31:48 AM

You always go where others are afraid to go.  Well done.

ice grillin you

in the last 15 years joe pa's done far more damage to penn state than kevin jones...plus kj is a philly boy...leave him alone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

no errand boy

go back to your online dungeons and dragons or whatever it is you play
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on March 14, 2008, 09:31:48 AM
seriously

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Quote49ers BID FAREWELL TO DARRELL
Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2008, 7:57 a.m.
After adding receivers Isaac Bruce and Bryant Johnson since the start of free agency on February 29, the 49ers have opted to trim from the roster veteran wideout Darrell Jackson, reports Adam Schefter of NFL Network.

Jackson was traded to San Fran in 2007 from the Seahawks for a fourth-round draft pick. Through the 2004 season he was developing into a high-end receiver, but knee problems limited him significantly in 2005. He was able to participate in 13 games in 2006, but the addition of Nate Burleson and Deion Branch made him expendable.

With the 49ers, he started 15 games and caught 46 passes for 497 yards and three touchdowns.

It's unknown whether Jackson has anything left, but teams that run the West Coast offense will likely have an interest. The most likely destinations include the Vikings, Bucs, Eagles, and taterskins.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Exactly the type of has-been we can expect as our new #2c WR.

Magical_Retard

how old is he?

i do not want him but really there are no other options. still him and reggie brown might combine to have the most drops in a single season.

in other news raiders closing in on a trade for deangelo hall...for a 2nd rd pick. also will sign him to the 2nd highest contract for a CB  behind samuel.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

QB Eagles

Father Demon

To be fair, the Raiders shouldn't be used as the bench mark for what players are worth when getting signed.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.