Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phillymic2000

He's more of a power runner then the two they have now, no?

Father Demon

Quote from: Magical_Retard on March 03, 2008, 02:53:52 PM
QuoteThe St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Rams running back Steven Jackson is on the move to the Cowboys.

Sources close to the deal say with ownership in limbo, unloading Jackson would help send the team into full rebuild mode. The star back is due a new contract and the organization doesn't see itself giving him the deserved payday. Owner Jerry Jones, who is no stranger to making the big splash, would love to get his hands on a combination back of Jackson's caliber. We hear Dallas has offered their 22nd pick and 92nd pick, along with a player to be named. Mar. 3 - 2:30pm
Source: St.Louis Post-Dispatch

wtf?

if dallas pulls this off they eagles better add some weapons on offense. give arizona what it wants.

Link?  My StL friends don't buy it....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyGirl

BUCS GO BACK TO COLLECTING QUARTERBACKS

With the Buccaneers having multiple millions in cap room available, they've only signed a handful of free agents.

Their latest development?  Trading for a quarterback.

Per Adam Schefter of NFL Network, the Bucs have acquired quarterback Brian Griese from the Bears in a trade.  For Griese, it's a return to the place where he spent two seasons, 2004 and 2005.  The Bucs opted not to pay him a $2.6 million roster bonus in early 2006, and instead released him.

Griese is signed through 2010, and he's due to earn a base salary of $1.4 million this season.  He also was due to earn a $300,000 roster bonus fairly soon.  Perhaps as soon as maƱana.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

We throw fastballs our way, they throw them theirs.

reese125

Jets signed LB Calvin Pace to a six-year, $42 million contract. The deal includes $22 million in guarantees.

Jets are quiet this off-season

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: reese125 on March 03, 2008, 03:40:18 PM
Jets signed LB Calvin Pace

This basically makes absolutely certain that this will happen:

QuoteCardinals | Team working on long-term deal with Fitzgerald
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:43:48 -0800

Mike Tulumello, of the East Valley Tribune, reports the Arizona Cardinals are working on a long-term deal to keep WR Larry Fitzgerald. "This is my home. I enjoy being here. I love my teammates. I love the organization. I definitely hope things can get worked out," said Fitzgerald. The Cardinals owe Fitzgerald $32 million over the next two years because of the incentives he reached in 2007.

methdeez

Quote from: Father Demon on March 03, 2008, 03:27:27 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on March 03, 2008, 02:53:52 PM
QuoteThe St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Rams running back Steven Jackson is on the move to the Cowboys.

Sources close to the deal say with ownership in limbo, unloading Jackson would help send the team into full rebuild mode. The star back is due a new contract and the organization doesn't see itself giving him the deserved payday. Owner Jerry Jones, who is no stranger to making the big splash, would love to get his hands on a combination back of Jackson's caliber. We hear Dallas has offered their 22nd pick and 92nd pick, along with a player to be named. Mar. 3 - 2:30pm
Source: St.Louis Post-Dispatch

wtf?

if dallas pulls this off they eagles better add some weapons on offense. give arizona what it wants.

Link?  My StL friends don't buy it....
I don't buy it either, he's all they got.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Perverts:

QuoteJets | Team agrees to terms with Woody
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 13:05:09 -0800

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New York Jets agreed to terms with free-agent OG Damien Woody (Lions) on a five-year deal worth $25.5 million, with $11 million in guaranteed money.

PhillyGirl

Is there anyone the Jets haven't gotten yet? Holy shtein.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

BigEd76

Donte' Stallworth
Derek Anderson
Corey Williams
Shaun Rogers

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

I'm pointing out that everyone else that isn't a Jet is now a Brown, duh

except Tapeh