Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

After botching the trade for Shaun Rogers, the Bengals acquire DT Dewayne Robertson from the Jets for 4th and 5th round picks. The Jets seem to be making a lot of moves.

PhillyGirl

QuotePOSTED 9:17 a.m. EST, March 3, 2008

BEN BREAKS THE BANK

A source with knowledge of the new contract to be signed by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger tells us that Roethlisberger will receive a practical guarantee of $38.7 million.

Ho.  Lee.  Crap.

It's a staggering amount of any team to pay in guaranteed money, and it's almost incomprehensible that the Steelers would do it.

Technically, the guaranteed money is in the range of $36 million.  But it's arguably fair to include the first-year salary and a non-guaranteed roster bonus due at the outset of the 2009 league year, especially since portions of the second-year and third-year base salaries are guaranteed.

The deal is a six-year extension of the two years remaining on Roethlisberger's rookie deal.  He is now under contract through 2015.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Nice.  He can finally afford to buy a helmet.

Rome

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

methdeez

Atlanta's team this year is going to be half new draft picks.
Who do they even have anymore?

PhillyGirl

MOSS DEAL DONE

A league source tells us that the Patriots and receiver Randy Moss have agreed to a new contract.  Per the source, the deal is for three years, $27 million.

The contract hasn't been signed, and the language is being finalized.

It's unknown how much of the deal is guaranteed, signing bonus, etc.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Quote from: methdeez on March 03, 2008, 01:42:13 PM
Atlanta's team this year is going to be half new draft picks.
Who do they even have anymore?

DeAngelo Hall
Michael Turner
John Abraham
Keith Brooking
Joey Harrington
Jerious Norwood
Lawyer Milloy
Erik Coleman
Joe Horn
Michael Jenkins
Roddy White
Brian Finneran

that's about it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Moss's deal is almost exactly what TO got from Dallas a couple of years ago.

Magical_Retard

QuoteThe St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Rams running back Steven Jackson is on the move to the Cowboys.

Sources close to the deal say with ownership in limbo, unloading Jackson would help send the team into full rebuild mode. The star back is due a new contract and the organization doesn't see itself giving him the deserved payday. Owner Jerry Jones, who is no stranger to making the big splash, would love to get his hands on a combination back of Jackson's caliber. We hear Dallas has offered their 22nd pick and 92nd pick, along with a player to be named. Mar. 3 - 2:30pm
Source: St.Louis Post-Dispatch

wtf?

if dallas pulls this off they eagles better add some weapons on offense. give arizona what it wants.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

let me expound on my friend's point...

THAT WOULD BE fargED
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Jackson is not that significant an upgrade to Barber III.

Still, yuck.