Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Moss to the Jets & Chad Pennington?

Oh, I would definitely pay big money to see that nuclear meltdown.  Good Lord...

reese125

Quote from: Diomedes on February 29, 2008, 09:48:52 PM
icehole....the thread says franchises release signed and traded

i thought how nice it would be to look at a list, and how nice it was of you to keep one.

farg you and your whole lineage past and futur for your utter failure

jesus christ Dio, take it easy buddy. Ill put it up there man. I just figured since you've been on here every single night you could simply add to the list by your own memory. I guess not...my bad

Come to papa

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on February 29, 2008, 10:18:34 PM
Moss to the Jets & Chad Pennington?

Well, Moss to the Jets. For Moss to go to Pennington next season, he'll probably have to go to another team or walk over to the bench.

PhillyGirl

Rams signed former Seahawks PK Josh Brown.

Dude is good...had him on my FFL team for a few years in a row. Booms 50 yarders like their nothing.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

Quote49ers | I. Bruce signs
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:56:31 -0800

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent WR Isaac Bruce (Rams) to a two-year contract worth $6 million.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyGirl on February 29, 2008, 11:03:03 PM
Rams signed former Seahawks PK Josh Brown.

Dude is good...had him on my FFL team for a few years in a row. Booms 50 yarders like their nothing.

Wilkins was a rather consistent fantasy stud too, though he had a bit of an off year (as did the entire team). I thought they would really miss him next year, but they won't miss him a bit if they are bringing in Brown.

QB Eagles

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 29, 2008, 11:03:18 PM
Quote49ers | I. Bruce signs
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:56:31 -0800

ESPNews reports the San Francisco 49ers have signed free-agent WR Isaac Bruce (Rams) to a two-year contract worth $6 million.

Every year it seems like the 49ers are signing mid-level WR talent during free agency. Eventually they will have to address the shtein-level talent that is passing to them.

PhillyPhreak54

That was all Mike Martz there...getting his guys

Wingspan

Jeff Wilkins was the last player still active to play under Rich Kotite as an eagle
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

Quote from: Wingspan on March 01, 2008, 12:11:00 AM
Jeff Wilkins was the last player still active to play under Rich Kotite as an eagle

He also had an NFL record streak going. 371 consecutive successful extra point attempts.

BigEd76

Quote from: reese125 on February 29, 2008, 04:11:22 PM
Bengals acquired DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for a third- or fourth-round pick.

edit:    A source tells the Detroit Free Press that the Lions are now working on a deal that would send DL Shaun Rogers to the Browns. A deal that sent Rogers to Cincinnati was called off late Friday.

done....3rd-rd pick and starting CB Leigh Bodden

now Cleveland doesn't have a pick until the 4th round

PhillyPhreak54

Cleveland has gotten two good interior DL though...

And what pick did they give up for Fraley, a 5th?

I wonder if DET getting Bodden makes them less likely to sniff around Lito...

QB Eagles

The Detroit Free Press puts this trade in blunt terms:

QuoteThis was nothing more than another Trash Day for this franchise. You don't negotiate terms for the pickup. You just leave your garbage at the curb at the designated time and wait for anybody to take it away.

The Cleveland Browns obliged, surrendering cornerback Leigh Bodden and a third-round draft choice for an overweight, part-time impact player nearing 400 pounds with withering cartilage in his knees and a slothful work ethic.

The funny aspect is how Lions fans are becoming very suspicious of Leigh Bodden now because they can't believe that a team would have given them a decent player for Rogers.

The Grand Rapids Press was equally blunt:

QuoteYou find a cancer in the locker room, you get rid of it.

Anyone who spent even a few minutes inside Detroit's miserable locker room during the six-game losing streak in the second half of last season will tell you Rogers had become a malignant growth that had to be removed.

Good riddance.

SD_Eagle5