Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dis12

QuoteFour years after leaving for the Eagles, defensive end Jevon Kearse is returning to the town where he made his NFL debut.

According to the Nashville Tennessean, Kearse has agreed to terms with the Titans.

PFT has learned that it's a two-year, $6 million deal, with a $1.3 million signing bonus.  He'll earn a total of $3 million in the first year.

Kearse starred for the Titans as a rookie in 1999, but injuries hampered him thereafter.  He had flashes of high ability with the Eagles, but never lived up to the huge financial investment that the team made into him.

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

reese125

$3 million to run hard, stop and throw up your hands...where do I sign up?

BigEd76

Boss joins older brother Champ in Denver

Dan Morgan to New Orleans

Anthony Becht to St. Louis

Ben Troupe to Tampa Bay

Lewis Sanders to New England

SD_Eagle5

I'd make a move for Taylor since it looks like he can be had for peanuts. Move Clemons to LB where he belongs:
March 6, 2008 11:00 AM ET
Dolphins: Parcells to trade Taylor?
The News
Contrary to recent reports, Bill Parcells is looking to unload defensive end Jason Taylor, according to Pro Football Weekly. This report cites a team insider, who also stated the feeling is mutual, as Jason Taylor wants out of Miami. Parcells recently stated that Taylor would either play for Miami next season or retire, but according to the inside source he's just trying to avoid the criticism of purging the team of one of its most popular players.
Our View
It appears possible that the organization could trade Taylor if the price is right. Taylor should have a couple of good seasons left in the tank, and rumors circulating suggest he could be traded for a pair of draft picks, with second- and fourth-round selections appearing to be a plausible exchange.

Feva

I wouldn't mind it at all.  He's got a couple good years left... but I think Andy will add a DE in the draft and that'll be it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

reese125

The phone will be ringing off the hook around the league for this guy if this is true..no question. Shtein, if Strahan can knock off 9 sacks at 36, Taylor would be a beast for a couple more years...for the right team

Id love to get excited about any pro-bowl DE on the market, but you know damn well the Eagles will not give up their draft picks for a 33 year old anything. They will sign a 1 yr, but never give up the "future" for aging players--no matter their status

PoopyfaceMcGee

There is no doubt that Taylor has a bit of tread left on his tired.

That said, it's hilarious the bitching that the Eagles aren't going to make a move for him is already starting.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SD_Eagle5

I was thinking if the Eagles threw something worthless like Tony Hunt and a 4th that might get it done.

reese125

QuoteThere is no doubt that Taylor has a bit of tread left on his tired.

That said, it's hilarious the bitching that the Eagles aren't going to make a move for him is already starting.

I dont think its bitching, its just the way they operate with their draft picks. Parcells is going to want draft picks to build that team. The Eagles are built around a the draft mentality, and I dont blame them. Now, if they can just find someone that can "consistently" evaluate solid talent, their mentality would hold true

I personally, at this stage in the game with the window about to close for a Superbowl win, would snag Taylor in a heartbeat--but the Eagles have the better business model and like to look long term--so what are we supposed to think?
Hey, prove me wrong and get Taylor--Im all for it.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on March 06, 2008, 09:31:47 PM
Anthony Becht to St. Louis
Quote from: Father Demon on March 07, 2008, 09:53:31 AM
Anthony Becht signs in St. Louis.

Quote from: reese125 on March 07, 2008, 09:59:36 AM
QuoteThere is no doubt that Taylor has a bit of tread left on his tired.

I dont think its bitching, its just the way they operate with their draft picks. Parcells is going to want draft picks to build that team. The Eagles are built around a the draft mentality, and I dont blame them. Now, if they can just find someone that can "consistently" evaluate solid talent, their mentality would hold true

I personally, at this stage in the game with the window about to close for a Superbowl win, would snag Taylor in a heartbeat--but the Eagles have the better business model and like to look long term--so what are we supposed to think?
Hey, prove me wrong and get Taylor--Im all for it.

What kind of pick would you give up for Taylor?

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on March 07, 2008, 10:15:09 AM
Lito & Reggie Brown for Taylor!

Counter offer:  Sam Rayburn and a 5th.

paco

Julius Jones agrees in principle to Seattle.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

reese125