Franchised/Released/Signed/Traded--2008

Started by reese125, February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Try to keep this shtein organized somehow:

So far Tagged:

Jared Allen KC--DE
Jordan Gross Car--OT
Karlos Dansby--Ariz--LB (non-exclusive tag)
LJ Smith--Phi--TE
Stacy Andrews--Cin--OL
Terrell Suggs--Bal--LB
Dallas Clark--Indy--TE
Ken Hamlin--Dal--S
Corey Williams--GB--DT
Marcus Trufant--Sea--CB
Nnamdi Asomugha--Oak--CB
Albert Haynesworth--Ten--DL

Sgt PSN

reese125

ESPN's John Clayton suggests that the Bears' flurry of Monday cuts is a "strong" sign that they're planning to franchise Bernard Berrian.

The three cuts the Bears made saved $10.4 million in cap room and it'd cost $7.848 million to tag Berrian.

ice grillin you

is there a way to take thread starting powers away from board members?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

ha...coming from someone that started a Bob Evans sausage link thread....wheew..you got balls son

Sgt PSN

The Bears would be stoooooooooooooopid to franchise Berrian. 

hbionic

Quote from: reese125 on February 20, 2008, 09:16:42 AM
Try to keep this shtein organized somehow:

So far Tagged:

Jared Allen KC--DE
Jordan Gross Car--OT
Karlos Dansby--Ariz--LB (non-exclusive tag)
LJ Smith--Phi--TE
Stacy Andrews--Cin--OL
Terrell Suggs--Bal--LB
Dallas Clark--Indy--TE

what's a non-exclusive tag?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

Dansby has been offered a one-year deal worth just over $8 million, and the Cardinals can continue to negotiate a long-term deal through July 15.
He must be offered a one year deal with a salary equal to or greater than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary

Sgt PSN

Two types of franchise tags:

"Exclusive Tag" - a player that is slapped with an Exclusive Franchise Tag must be offered a one year deal with a salary equal to or greater than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of the current year in which the tag will apply. Or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams.

"Non-Exclusive Tag" - a Non-Exclusive Tagged, player must be offered a one year deal with a salary equal to or greater than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position in the previous year, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary. A Non-Exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if he signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the deal, but if the team does not match, and let's the player go, they will receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.  

http://www.ustailgate.com/what-is-the-franchise-tag.html

reese125

The Titans officially placed the franchise tag on Albert Haynesworth.

reese125

Raiders named CB Nnamdi Asomugha their franchise player.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Good thread, nice to have this info in one place.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

NGM

So a non-exclusive tag essentially makes the player a restricted free agent?
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

Trufant and Corey Williams were tagged