attn: cf fantasy baseball participants

Started by ice grillin you, February 08, 2008, 04:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Munson

Would you trade Clayton Kershaw and some bum like Carlos Pena for HanRam and a scrub pitcher?

The guy would probably be willing to do it because his pitching is terrible and he has ridiculous offense (Drafted both HanRam and Tulo, and the rest of his offense is pretty stacked too)

My other pitchers all seem pretty good, at least K-wise....Cliff, Cole, Anibal Sanchez, Ian Kennedy, Clayton Richard, Johnny Cueto, David Aardsma, Brian Fuentes, Ryan Madson.

Obviously I plan on waiver wiring/FA'ing my saves, but I think starting pitcher wise I'm pretty solid. The downside is it's a keeper league and I got Kershaw relatively cheap in the draft, which means his keeper value won't be high at all.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

goddamn todd with #2 pick, phreak #3

me #8
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Some stellar advice from yahoo here on Kyle Drabek..

QuoteMon, Mar 28

Drabek struck out five and allowed five hits over five innings Monday in a game shortened by rain, a 3-2 loss to division rival Boston.

Advice: Drabek is the son of 1990 NL Cy Young winner Doug Drabek.
(STATS, Inc.)
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

i built a great pitching staff but for some reason put john lackey on it

NOT GOOD
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i am unbelievably awful at fantasy baseball....i dont even know why i play

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

because no one else i know can get ten people to play fantasy baseball for money

MDS

at least put a transaction limit for playoff series

this is all i ask

ice grillin you

cant do transaction limits when you have as large a minimum innings pitched number as we do...plus transaction limits in baseball are stupid anyway...picking up 50 offensive free agents in a week is dumb because its gonna hurt you more than it helps

MDS

but in the playoffs you can make all sorts of moves to win specific categories...especially in the finals. like if you are down in stolen bases and know you cant win power categories you can pick up like 4 guys to win that

then you can get rid of all your relievers to pick up starters so you can win k's and wins. you can fool around with it and abuse the system.

5 moves in a week should ensure everyone hits the minimum innings. and it limits people from abusing the system.

the end of the finals was a joke. i did it too 2 years ago when i was in but its ridiculous. you win and lose on random free agents on the last weekend of the season.

and another thing i dont know if yahoo allows this but can you end the season that sunday and not the wednesday that its actually over.

ice grillin you

good points on the pitching stuff...ill see if i can limit the transactions for playoffs...the league will have to agree and ill have to remind people to make sure they have enough starters to reach the min inning pitch...because we cant be having someone lose a title because they got an injury and didnt hit the minimum inn pitch because they couldnt pick up anyone

yahoo controls when the season ends

MDS

thats why you keep it to 3 or 4 and everyone knows they need to hold their transactions for important stuff...like basketball.