SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 07:52:26 PM
lol @ the magic

then dont root for the nba...its entirely possible (altho slighty homo) that you dont like all four of the major sports...but to root for a team not from your hometown makes you a horrible person

I'm with igy. If you're from Philly, you like all 4 Philly teams or none. You have 4 choices.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 07:52:26 PM
lol @ the magic

then dont root for the nba...its entirely possible (altho slighty homo) that you dont like all four of the major sports...but to root for a team not from your hometown makes you a horrible person

Your face makes you a horrible person.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on February 05, 2008, 08:00:45 PM
I'm with igy. If you're from Philly, you like all 4 Philly teams or none. You have 4 choices.

Actually, it would be only a single choice, not four, dummy.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

4 choices = 4 teams to like.

Same thing, Magic Boy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Dillen on February 05, 2008, 07:58:29 PM
I like the Eagles and Sixers. Don't like hockey. Baseball team is Astros.

I'm from Rochester NY.

I'm a communist.

How the hell did you start rooting for the Astros?

I'm going to go to Minute Maid in may and berate Ed Wade while wearing my Brett Myers jersey. Maybe I'll pimp smack him just like Brett likes to do.

Rome

I weep at the thought of what they're not teaching this kid in that high school with ashtrays he attends in North Philly.

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2008, 08:10:38 PM

I'm going to go to Minute Maid in may and berate Ed Wade while wearing my Brett Myers jersey. Maybe I'll pimp smack him just like Brett likes to do.
I started liking Houston because of Jeff Bagwell. There aren't any teams close to this area and every Yankees and Mets fan I knew were jackasses.

Wade has really improved the team this offseason. Too bad he stripped them of all their pitching prospects, which was the strong point of their system. Great time to do it too, with the rotation being terrible now and for the forseeable future.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

So would Die Hard and Feva be the biggest Commies of all for liking both the Eagles and the Mets?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Dillen on February 05, 2008, 08:17:19 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2008, 08:10:38 PM

I started liking Houston because of Jeff Bagwell. There aren't any teams close to this area and every Yankees and Mets fan I knew were jackasses.

Wade has really improved the team this offseason. Too bad he stripped them of all their pitching prospects, which was the strong point of their system. Great time to do it too, with the rotation being terrible now and for the forseeable future.

Ed Wade is a donkey who loves stripping farm systems down. The dumbass moves he made in Philly are a long list. But thank god the Blue Jays and Pirates were even dumber when they refused to trade Ted Lilly or Kip Wells for Ryan Howard when Big Head Ed was trying to deal him for the yearly acquisition of a shteinbag starter.

He also signed Pie In The Face Professional Tomas Perez in Houston.

Also; get ready for the trade deadline moves of middle relievers. Eddie likes those guys and he'll trade whatever he has to do to get the Geoff Geary's of the world.

I love talking baseball with Astros fans here. They just dont know how bad Wade is going to farg that team over.

Their offense is going to be pretty damn good though. I really like Bourn and Pence is going to be good for awhile too.

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2008, 08:26:50 PM
Also; get ready for the trade deadline moves of middle relievers. Eddie likes those guys and he'll trade whatever he has to do to get the Geoff Geary's of the world.

I love talking baseball with Astros fans here. They just dont know how bad Wade is going to farg that team over.
He's already signed Geary though.....really.

There aren't any prospects left to trade. My favorite move (even though it did get Tejada) was dealing away their clear #1 prospect Troy Patton, who is a left handed starter who throws mid 90s and has a wicked curveball. Have the job a couple of months and completely destroy what was left of the minors. The only guys that are "coming through the system" had a 5+ ERA in short outings last year. If those select few guys don't pan out, it could be one of the worst rotations in baseball.

PhillyPhreak54

I know...he accepted Geary in the Lidge deal.

And Geary looks like a seedling of Ed Wade.

But whats funny is listening to sports talk down here no one is bitching about the farm being depleted. And I agree with you, its a legit thing to complain about because its true.

Maybe he'll take Adam Eaton off Gillick's hands.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

Boasting America because you were born there isn't half so compelling as boasting it as a chosen citizen.  I chose the Eagles because I happen to be most righteous in all affairs, and justly aligned myself with them.

many of you born Philadelphians are just knee-jerk fans, and especially those of you who claim some kind of primacy for the accident of your birth.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger