SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

i have spent 30 minutes laughing at the last 5 pages of this thread.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

reese125

PoopyfaceMcGee

Cerevant

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Rome

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 05, 2008, 12:52:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 12:50:29 PM
steeler fans crush eagle fans in terms of visiting stadium numbers....im seriously scared for their visit to the linc next year

eagles fans are #2 in the league and i put them up there with steeler fans but steelers are definitely the best imo

This is true but it has more to do with the five Super Bowl wins than anything else.  The Eagles have never won dick yet we still travel in the top 2.  Think about that for a second.

I'll take Eagles fans passion over Steelers fans, but as far as sheer numbers yes the Steelers have more fans.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on February 05, 2008, 02:20:16 PM
i have spent 30 minutes laughing at the last 5 pages of this thread.

Tell me about it.  I hadn't checked this thread since sometime this morning and the coversation taking place all day here is hilarious.

QuoteYou should hate the Giants more than anyone!

No, you should hate the Cowboys more!

No!  You should hate the taterskins the mostest!!

Demon roots for the Blues.  What a phoney!!  How could you possibly like 2 sports teams from 2 different cities that play 2 totally different sports? 

Chuggie's ghey!

Yes I am! 

MDS

shteinsburgh has more fans because during the 70's they had a little dynasty going and an entire generation of fans from all parts of the country were brought up rooting for them because they were always on TV. Same goes for the Packers in the 60's, the 49ers in the 80's and the Cowboys in the 90's (though they already had a nice fan base in the South after winning a few earlier Bowls).

So it's impossible to compare them to Eagles fans, who by and large are from Philly and Philly only. Let's not forget, anyone slightly West of the city likes the Steelers, any north likes the Giants and anyone South likes the Racists. No one really likes Philadelphia or its sports team except for the people in it. So the fact that Eagles fans travel so well shows how good of a fan base they have. It's certainly not bigger than the others listed above, but it's just as loyal and intense which is really saying something.

As for teams I hate, it's pretty simple:
1. Cowboys, Racists, Giants
2. Steelers
3. Patriots
4. Ravens
5. The Manning Family
6. Jets (farg NY)
7. Atlanta

Otherwise, I could give two shteins. Those teams under no circumstances would I ever be okay with winning anything. Specifically teams from the NFC East, and it's an utter abomination that that retard Eli Manning won a farging Superbowl. farg him.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 05, 2008, 06:04:02 PM
  How could you possibly like 2 sports teams from 2 different cities that play 2 totally different sports? 

i don't understand this myself...but that's another topic for another day

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

i dont understand how you can not go four for four from whatever your hometown is...i suppose i could see not liking a certain sport like rjs with baseball or mds with hockey...but to go outside your city for a team pretty much makes you a communist
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

It's not that hard to understand, Dumbledork. 

Lifelong Eagles fan.

Recent hockey fan, and lived in St. Louis when I "found" hockey.

Hate the NBA, and baseball bores the shtein out of me.  No alliances for either, although I do follow the baseball Cardinals for career survivability.  In a town that is baseball first, you don't get nuthin' of you don't know about the Cards.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 07:36:46 PM
i dont understand how you can not go four for four from whatever your hometown is...i suppose i could see not liking a certain sport like rjs with baseball or mds with hockey...but to go outside your city for a team pretty much makes you a communist

guilty as charged I suppose
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

For the billionth goddamn time, it's entirely possible to like three of four.  I never liked the Sixers because our family was Big 5 fans, not NBA fans.  The NBA was garbage in the 1970's and although it's impossible for some of you to grasp, the Big 5 was absolutely huge back in the day.  The Sixers weren't even on the city's radar until they got Dr. J.  They've always been a distant fourth in the suburbs in terms of popularity as well and we were from the suburbs.

ice grillin you

lol @ the magic

then dont root for the nba...its entirely possible (altho slighty homo) that you dont like all four of the major sports...but to root for a team not from your hometown makes you a horrible person
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

I like the Eagles and Sixers. Don't like hockey. Baseball team is Astros.

I'm from Rochester NY.

I'm a communist.