SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I met a Denver Broncos fan once and he was an icehole.

Therefore, I hate the Broncos!

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 12:33:40 PM
Most NASCARish fans = Panthers

You're off about the Panthers.  Once you've met Buccaneers "fans" you'll never confuse the two ever again.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 12:40:17 PM...ill fully admit part of it is jealousy as they have the best fans in the nfl...most pitsburgh fans i run into are also from pitt or pa or have some connection to there

I have a hard time believing that there are better fans out there than Eagles fans.

I know every team has their bias....but look at the following at each road trip. So many Eagles fans make it...and usually, eagles fans have a chip on their shoulder, they are bitter, and have football knowledge in some way. I just have a hard time believing that the number of eagles fans and the number of steelers fans, that individually and as a whole, the steeler fans  are better fans than eagles fans.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

I had the Bucs pinned down for "Most band-wagon-then-abandon-ship fans". They even have an actual ship.

phattymatty

this might have turned into the worst thread ever.

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on February 05, 2008, 12:47:59 PM

Just waiting for Freddie to come in here and kill it with a bad joke. Then it can be locked up.

Father Demon

Quote from: hbionic on February 05, 2008, 12:47:05 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 12:40:17 PM...ill fully admit part of it is jealousy as they have the best fans in the nfl...most pitsburgh fans i run into are also from pitt or pa or have some connection to there

I have a hard time believing that there are better fans out there than Eagles fans.

I know every team has their bias....but look at the following at each road trip. So many Eagles fans make it...and usually, eagles fans have a chip on their shoulder, they are bitter, and have football knowledge in some way. I just have a hard time believing that the number of eagles fans and the number of steelers fans, that individually and as a whole, the steeler fans  are better fans than eagles fans.

I agree.  There is always a sea of green no matter where we go for the roadie.  And someone usually makes a comment about how unbelievable it is that so many Eagles fans are there -- the bar owner in Minnesota said we easily outnumbered the annual Packer fan trek there.

Of course, if the Eagles fall back into a 6-10 or worse funk for a number of years, I bet that doesn't keep up.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on February 05, 2008, 12:47:05 PM

steeler fans crush eagle fans in terms of visiting stadium numbers....im seriously scared for their visit to the linc next year

overall as a base eagles fans are #2 in the league and i put them up there with steeler fans but steelers are definitely the best imo and easily the best in terms of road games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

The pirate ship is hideous.  It's a perfect example of the sort of minor league, carny-type environment that you'll see in Tampa.

Been there every time the Eagles have played in Tampa and they are hands-down the most mongoloidal group of inbred rednecks I've come across.  They're even worse than Jaguars fans.

QB Eagles

I think it's the first thread in :CF history about an NFC East rival Super Bowl win, that alone makes it a horrible thread.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 12:50:29 PM
steeler fans crush eagle fans in terms of visiting stadium numbers....im seriously scared for their visit to the linc next year

eagles fans are #2 in the league and i put them up there with steeler fans but steelers are definitely the best imo

This is true but it has more to do with the five Super Bowl wins than anything else.  The Eagles have never won dick yet we still travel in the top 2.  Think about that for a second.

phillymic2000

Quote from: hbionic on February 05, 2008, 12:49:34 PM

Just waiting for Freddie to come in here and kill it with a bad joke. Then it can be locked up.

I thought my joke might lock it down :paranoid

hbionic

Father Demon

I will say that for the Rams-Steelers game this season in St. Louis, this town was literally crawling with Steelers fans.  They were everywhere.  And this was a game where they retired Marshall Faulk's jersey.  I bet the crowd (so I've been told - I wasn't there) was 60% black jersey that day.

It was disgusting.