SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: hbionic on February 05, 2008, 11:37:19 AM
Giants winning did the following:

Made New England 'beatable' again
Did not give Seau, Moss, stallworth and specially Welker a ring.
Killed the talk about how great the Patriots are. farg them!

who cares
who cares, who cares, who cares...why do you specifically care about welker
who cares

yay!  Junior Seau didn't get a ring....who cares if Eli Manning, Michael Strahan, and Jeremy Shockey did!?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

I care. I guess I discovered that I hated the Patriots that much more than the Giants.

Also, if the Hoyda eagles couldn't beat them, what the farg am I going to do?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

I was happy that Stallworth didn't get a Ring.  That pretty much goes for any ex-Eagle, actually, except for Duce.

SunMo

strap bombs to retards and send them to the locker room

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on February 05, 2008, 11:31:17 AM
born in philly and you hate dallas more than ny?

retarded

exactly...this is new york we are talking about wtf?...i hate the rangers and mets 1000000  times more than i could ever hate the cowboys...then again this is a philly guy that i believe roots for the st louis blues...or is that someone else?

the obsession with a football team that a) could care less about philly b) is majority bandwagon fans c) is in a different time zone is curious at best and psychotic at worst

and lol @ taking my northeast example literally
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Add chuggie to the list with Demon and shorebird.

Rome

What is this compulsion you have to continually complain about or even question Eagles fans' hatred of the Cowboys and their miserable farging fans?

I hate the farging Cowboys, dude.   So does nearly everyone else who calls themselves Eagles fans.   Just deal with it and move on, already.

Christ.

SunMo

i hate the cowboys...but i hate the Giants 1000x more

when the Giants played the Cowboys in the playoffs i wasn't sure who i wanted to win, but when the Giants won i was fine with it because i was sure the Packers would handle business and eliminate the Giants the next week and make life perfect...that obviously did not happen. 

fansince61

9 SB Champs from NFC East - Dallas, Skins and NY all have 3 :boom :boom :boom :boom

SunMo

Father Demon

No, that's me.  I'm a Blues fan.  Why?  Because I went to like 3 Flyers games when I was younger than 12, and then never again.  Didn't "discover" hockey until I lived here, so that's that.  But is there a difference between my football fandom and hockey fandom?  Tons and tons.  It's like cheering for the Eagles and cheering for the Cherry Hill Maggots high school team.

WTF does time zone have to do with anything?

Where I grew up, those around me hated Dallas.  It's what we did.  First words were Dallas Sucks, and you saw "Dallas Sucks" tshirts and bumper stickers all over the place.  Don't see many "Giants Sucks" anything do you?

You are mistaken about Cowboy fans not caring about the Eagles.  Maybe in your hood where territories are fought over, I can see where you're coming from.  But in the big USA, about 80% of Cowboy fans (bandwagon and otherwise) hate the Philly fans more than any other team, and as such, hate the Eagles.  Frankly, I love that attention, but that's not what we're talking about.

As I've said, watching a "dynasty" and "the greatest team of all time" get derailed is hugely satisfying for me.  Root for the underdogs - especially at the inconvenience of the pompous.  Go Rocky!

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Rome

QuoteYou are mistaken about Cowboy fans not caring about the Eagles.  Maybe in your hood where territories are fought over, I can see where you're coming from.  But in the big USA, about 80% of Cowboy fans (bandwagon and otherwise) hate the Philly fans more than any other team, and as such, hate the Eagles.  Frankly, I love that attention, but that's not what we're talking about.

100% truth.

I've tried on more than one occasion to convince him of that but it's like tossing a pebble against blast doors and expecting to make a dent.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 11:56:53 AM
No, that's me.  I'm a Blues fan.  Why?  Because I went to like 3 Flyers games when I was younger than 12, and then never again.  Didn't "discover" hockey until I lived here, so that's that.

it matters because you claimed some sort of philly fandom yet you dont even like all the teams...part of hating ny so much is giants mets rangers knicks ect..its not just football and the fact that you dont have that four team connection btwn philly and ny makes a difference

Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 11:56:53 AM
Where I grew up, those around me hated Dallas.  It's what we did.  First words were Dallas Sucks, and you saw "Dallas Sucks" tshirts and bumper stickers all over the place.  Don't see many "Giants Sucks" anything do you?

i dont root against teams because its on a bumpersticker or t-shirt and its what im supposed to do...i go by real life...and in real life i deal with new yorkers on an hourly basis...they are everywhere new york shoves itself down your throat at every possible opportunity...ive never been to dallas dont live anywhere remotely close to dallas and ive never ever in my life met a dallas fan from dallas...so how could i relate to that city team or its fans in anyway
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous