SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 09:39:57 AM
i dont care about the total titles because i know never in my lifetime will the eagles have as many as any of the other division teams so if your problem is that 5 or 3 is > 0 well so is 5 or 3 > 1...the shtein talk wont change...

No... it's not about the total number... that's nothing more than salt in the wound.

The thing is that the Eagles have NEVER won one.  There's nowhere to go back and say, "Well, at least we got ours back in..."

It's the point that they've had that feeling multiple times, while I've never felt it once.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

i'm feeling you Feva...even with the Flyers, other fans can talk shtein about how long ago it was, but we as fans can still fall back on 2 cups...for the Eagles we have nothing, except some meaningless NFL Championships before the super bowl was invented.

another thing that really bothers me is that the Giants were so bad a few years ago...and the Eagles were dominating them.  now they are champs...wtf
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Father Demon

Listen up, real Eagles fans.  Fakey here needs to preach for a second.

It's not about cheering on the Giants.  It's about wanting a team to lose more than wanting a team to win.

I don't give a shtein if it was NY that did it.  But what was important to ME was knocking the smugness out of Belichick, beating the smirk of Brady's face, proving the old saying that cheaters never prosper, and getting the efifng NE fans off their holy-moly pedestal.  Who here can stand to be near a Bostonian and their endless babble about the Sox AND the Patriots?  farg, for all I know, the Bruins will win the Cup and the Celtics will win whatever the hell they call their championship. 

The fact that NY won another Super Bowl changes nothing - they still had some before that, and the Eagles still had (and have) none.  So this is nothing more than a rug burn.  It ain't no deep cut.

The only deep cut that could have occurred for this would be if the Cowboys were the ones to beat the Pats.  That would suck more than anything else I can think of, but the Giants aren't even close in that book.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SunMo

Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 10:39:09 AM
I don't give a shtein if it was NY that did it.  But what was important to ME was knocking the smugness out of Belichick, beating the smirk of Brady's face, proving the old saying that cheaters never prosper, and getting the efifng NE fans off their holy-moly pedestal.  Who here can stand to be near a Bostonian and their endless babble about the Sox AND the Patriots?  farg, for all I know, the Bruins will win the Cup and the Celtics will win whatever the hell they call their championship. 

this is what you're not getting...THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN

Brady is still one of the best all time...same for Belichick...they still have 3 SB, another one is white noise

but now, Eli is a SB winning QB, Tom Coughlin is a SB winning coach, and NY has another championship to ram down Philadelphia's throat

but hey...keep rooting against boston for whatever dumb reason

Sgt PSN

I get what you're saying Demon and I'm pretty sure most people here get it too.  But getting it and actually feeling it are 2 different things and you're in the overwhelming minority in actually feeling that way.  It's all good though.  We'll still party hard at this years road trip.  I'll just pretend not to actually know you in public. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 10:39:09 AM
Listen up, real Eagles fans.  Fakey here needs to preach for a second.

It's not about cheering on the Giants.  It's about wanting a team to lose more than wanting a team to win.

The fact that NY won another Super Bowl changes nothing - they still had some before that, and the Eagles still had (and have) none.  So this is nothing more than a rug burn.  It ain't no deep cut.

The only deep cut that could have occurred for this would be if the Cowboys were the ones to beat the Pats.  That would suck more than anything else I can think of, but the Giants aren't even close in that book.

ny wins it third championship and it doesnt mean anything but if dallas had won its sixth it would hurt?...i dont understand that thinking at all

patriots arent a boston team and have no fans that talk...if this was the red sox i could understand what youre saying

trust me you wouldnt be downplaying a ny victory if you lived in the northeast
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

I hate the Pats and it would have sucked to see them have a perfect season. However, as an Eagles fan, you'd forget about this Super Bowl pretty soon, or at least stop being bothered by it. With a Giants victory, we'll never be able to forget. It's another Super Bowl win in the division, and it's not the Eagles. Even the youngest Giants fans who never saw the first two wins are enjoying the taste of victory. This win gives every Giants fan another hammer to bash over the heads of Eagles fans from now until the end of time (or at least until the number of Eagles SB wins exceeds the number of Giants SB wins, which will probably be after the end of the time).

Ten years from now, when the Patriots suck, who are you going to wish won this game?

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 11:01:19 AM

ny wins it third championship and it doesnt mean anything but if dallas had won its sixth it would hurt?...i dont understand that thinking at all

Dallas Hatred = NY Giant Hatred x 100.  It's not a difficult equation.

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 11:01:19 AM
trust me you wouldnt be downplaying a ny victory if you lived in the northeast

Originally, and full blooded Philly guy.  Baltimore ain't northeast.  I don't trust you, but you are at least entertaining.

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 05, 2008, 10:53:15 AM
I get what you're saying Demon and I'm pretty sure most people here get it too.  But getting it and actually feeling it are 2 different things and you're in the overwhelming minority in actually feeling that way.  It's all good though.  We'll still party hard at this years road trip.  I'll just pretend not to actually know you in public. 

As long as we can still spoon at night, it's all cool.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

SunMo

born in philly and you hate dallas more than ny?

retarded

Rome

Rome

SunMo

hbionic

Giants winning did the following:

Made New England 'beatable' again
Did not give Seau, Moss, stallworth and specially Welker a ring.
Killed the talk about how great the Patriots are. farg them!
Gave the rest of the league hope that if Eli could do it, anyone can. I expect a more competitive NFL next season because of this.
Gives me hope the Eagles will finally do something. Then again, my girlfriend beats me...but it's not her fault, I love her and I'm sure she didn't mean to this time. Again.

Overall, best result.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Quote from: SunMo on February 05, 2008, 11:35:33 AM
nice edit button

One of the mothers at my kid's school was wearing a miniskirt tennis outfit this morning.  Seeing her in it gave me a raging edit button.