SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Exactly.  Can we please focus more about the Patriots losing?  Much better.

ice grillin you

steve matarano had a classic line today on wip

"their qb grew up...our qb threw up"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Phanatic

The Pats losing and possibly heading towards disgrace boarders on awesome. Doesn't quite make it because it was against the Giants...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

phattymatty

i saw the eli "i'm going disneyland" commercial this morning and threw up a little bit. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2008, 11:06:58 AM

I'll give Manning a little bit of credit because he kept his composure and everything, but that play to Tyree was such a fluke of a play and was the make or break play of the game.  Manning somehow "muscles" his way out of the grasp of like 3 different Pats and then chucks the ball up for grabs which Tyree catches and as Harrison swats the ball loose, he's able to somehow pin it to his helmet and keep it from hitting the ground.  

It happened so kudos to both of them for making it happen.  But you run those 2 out there in the exact same scenerio 99 more times and that pass never gets completed.  It probably doesn't even get thrown because Manning is on his back.  

Another thing I noticed is that Sheli didn't even look all that excited after winning the SB.  Looked like he could literally care less about being there.  

Father Demon

I'm ecstatic that Boston lost.  And I don't care that it was the Giants that did it.  All that matters is Belichick tastes sweet defeat.  And their farging pompous-ass fans.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

reese125

QuoteI'll give Manning a little bit of credit because he kept his composure and everything, but that play to Tyree was such a fluke of a play and was the make or break play of the game.  Manning somehow "muscles" his way out of the grasp of like 3 different Pats and then chucks the ball up for grabs which Tyree catches and as Harrison swats the ball loose, he's able to somehow pin it to his helmet and keep it from hitting the ground. 

It happened so kudos to both of them for making it happen.  But you run those 2 out there in the exact same scenerio 99 more times and that pass never gets completed.  It probably doesn't even get thrown because Manning is on his back. 

qb to improbable receiver for a clutch play in a meaningful game (not the SB of course)...sounds like a 4th and 26 to me

welcome to the NFL

Sgt PSN

So that cancells out Coughlin, Sheli and obnoxious Giants fans tasting victory?  

The only "good" thing to come out of the Giants winning is that Strahan and Toomer won a championship.  Good for them.  Bad for everyone else.  

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 04, 2008, 11:06:58 AM

So, you're ditching the skins to become a Giants fan then?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: reese125 on February 04, 2008, 11:22:06 AM
QuoteI'll give Manning a little bit of credit because he kept his composure and everything, but that play to Tyree was such a fluke of a play and was the make or break play of the game.  Manning somehow "muscles" his way out of the grasp of like 3 different Pats and then chucks the ball up for grabs which Tyree catches and as Harrison swats the ball loose, he's able to somehow pin it to his helmet and keep it from hitting the ground. 

It happened so kudos to both of them for making it happen.  But you run those 2 out there in the exact same scenerio 99 more times and that pass never gets completed.  It probably doesn't even get thrown because Manning is on his back. 

qb to improbable receiver for a clutch play in a meaningful game...sounds like 4th and 26 to me

welcome to the NFL

The only thing improbable about the 4th and 26 play is that Mitchell ran straight up the seem completely uncontested.  McNabb had protection, set his feet and fired.  It was they type of play that gets made 2 or 3 times in every NFL game.  It just doesn't typically happen on 4th down.  

Manning is not known for his mobility or strength.  Tyree is not known for his great hands and concentration.  It was a fluke play on both ends of it.  

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

this hurts

dallas - 5
washington - 3
new york - 3
philadelphia - 0
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous