SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 05, 2008, 12:52:58 PMThis is true but it has more to do with the five Super Bowl wins than anything else.

No I think it has a lot more to do with the massive diaspora from Pittsburgh over the past 50 years. A lot of young people leave here and never come back. That's why there are Steeler fans all over the country.

Feva

Quote from: SunMo on February 05, 2008, 10:44:19 AM
Quote from: Father Demon on February 05, 2008, 10:39:09 AM
I don't give a shtein if it was NY that did it.  But what was important to ME was knocking the smugness out of Belichick, beating the smirk of Brady's face, proving the old saying that cheaters never prosper, and getting the efifng NE fans off their holy-moly pedestal.  Who here can stand to be near a Bostonian and their endless babble about the Sox AND the Patriots?  farg, for all I know, the Bruins will win the Cup and the Celtics will win whatever the hell they call their championship. 

this is what you're not getting...THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN

Brady is still one of the best all time...same for Belichick...they still have 3 SB, another one is white noise

but now, Eli is a SB winning QB, Tom Coughlin is a SB winning coach, and NY has another championship to ram down Philadelphia's throat

but hey...keep rooting against boston for whatever dumb reason

Quote from: SunMo on February 05, 2008, 12:18:20 PM
yeah, everyone "hates" the division rivals to different degrees...but nobody with a set of balls would root for them in the farging Super Bowl...that's the farging point

OK... I'm gay for SunMo and I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS IT!!!!!

Exactly how I feel, man.

The fact that dickspits like Eli, Coughlin and Shockey go down in history as Super Bowl winners makes me farging wanna throw the farg up.

NE could win the next 10 Super Bowls and that would rate less to me than the Giants getting this one.  

Funny thing is, personally... I'd rather see the Giants get another SB waaay before the Skins and them waaaaay before the Cowboys.  I can't even imagine the depression if Dallas won it all this year.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Rome

Rome

Quote from: EagleFeva on February 05, 2008, 12:55:24 PM
I can't even imagine the depression if Dallas won it all this year.

You'd still have Johan to comfort you.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on February 05, 2008, 12:52:58 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2008, 12:50:29 PM
steeler fans crush eagle fans in terms of visiting stadium numbers....im seriously scared for their visit to the linc next year

eagles fans are #2 in the league and i put them up there with steeler fans but steelers are definitely the best imo

This is true but it has more to do with the five Super Bowl wins than anything else.  The Eagles have never won dick yet we still travel in the top 2.  Think about that for a second.

definitely winning helps but for the amount of winning the steelers have done they have an inordinately low number of bandwagon whores...its pretty damn impressive actually...a bigger factor is that no one lives in pittsburgh anymore and the mass exodus of the western pa population over the last 30 years has put steeler fans all over the country
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Quote from: hbionic on February 05, 2008, 12:54:24 PM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 05, 2008, 12:53:38 PM

I thought my joke might lock it down :paranoid

You had a joke?  :paranoid

yeah you know the whole high school musical thing, ah forget it.

ice grillin you

sometimes i wonder what will happen first...a page of this board to load or an eagles superbowl win

Rome

Fat and ugly doesn't even begin to describe the frightening sight of Pittsburgh fans en masse.  There's so many of them at the local pub that they actually get their own banquet room.   When the room lets out after the game, we have to shield our eyes from the hideousness.

They are the ugliest group of subhumans I've ever come across.  EVER.

ice grillin you

i never been to a steeler game in pitt but ive been to a bunch of phillie and flyer games and the people watching...especially at the pirate games (cheaper tickets) is so much fun

pittsburgh is basically a really big fishtown

PoopyfaceMcGee

Here's who I root against in the Super Bowl:

1.  Any team that has yet to win a Super Bowl and is not the Eagles.
2.  Any divisional rival.
3.  Any "feel good" story that is not related to the Eagles.

The Giants, at #2, are clearly ahead of the Patriots' quest for perfection, which would fall at #3.

BigEd76

Here's who I root for:

1. Any team that has yet to win a Super Bowl and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
2. Any non-NFC East team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in at least 10-15 years and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
3. Any non-NFC East team that has won a Super Bowl in the last 10 years and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
4. Any non-NFC East team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in at least 10-15 years and went through the Eagles to get there
5. Any non-NFC East team that has won a Super Bowl in the last 10 years and went through the Eagles to get there
6. Any team that has yet to win a Super Bowl and went through the Eagles to get there
7. Plane crash
8. NFC East

ice grillin you

no chance easy isnt a genetically engineered mutant form another solar system

BigEd76

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 05, 2008, 02:05:28 PM
Here's who I root for:

1. Any team that has yet to win a Super Bowl and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
2. Any non-NFC East team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in at least 10-15 years and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
3. Any non-NFC East team that has won a Super Bowl in the last 10 years and didn't go through the Eagles to get there
4. Any non-NFC East team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in at least 10-15 years and went through the Eagles to get there
5. Any non-NFC East team that has won a Super Bowl in the last 10 years and went through the Eagles to get there
6. Any team that has yet to win a Super Bowl and went through the Eagles to get there
7. Plane crash
8. NFC East

The Eagles don't even rate?

Cerevant

My feeling about the division rivals is based mostly on the interaction I've had with their fans.

Cowboy fans are the most obnoxious, in your face, crawling all over the place fans.  I've never met a Cowboys fan that I liked.  There are even a bunch of them up here.  farging annoying.  And of course, they drop off the face of the earth when the pukes are losing, so you can't give them any shtein back.

Next are the taterskins fans, mostly because we have to hear how they won the offseason every year.  I also don't want the taterskins to win because Snyder is an ignorant yet arrogant turd.  taterskin farging one.  farg that.

Giants fans I don't so much have a problem with.  They talk shtein, but they'll take it back when they deserve it.  Giants fans also don't talk about how classless Philly fans are.  I'm sure there are icehole Giants fans out there, but I haven't met them.  I do want to punch Eli in the face every time I see him on TV though.  And Shockey.

I rooted for the Pats and wanted them to bury the Giants to show what a fluke it was that the NFC wild card made it to the Super Bowl.  
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.