SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 03, 2008, 10:47:55 PM
Two good things about the Giants winning tonight:

1.  Tiki was watching from the booth or whereever media hellhole NBC put him in tonight.
2.  Shockey was watching from the luxury box.

I never minded Tiki, but he's been running his mouth on Eli for two seasons now - kind of sounded like a sourpuss about it.  And Shockey's just a compelte jerk, so it's nice to see his team win without him.

Of course, it's still a freaking New York team.  But they beat a freaking Boston team, and recently I'm not sure which city's fans are worse.

I saw this early last week and thought it was interesting

QuoteEx-Giant: Team doesn't want Shockey

Jeremy Shockey, TE NYG
News: The New York Post caught wind of former Giants QB Tim Hasselbeck's comments on Sirius Satellite Radio about ex-teammate Jeremy Shockey, who is out for the year with leg and ankle injuries and will not play in Super Bowl XLII. "I've been there, I've been in that locker room, I know how guys feel, I know how people in that organization feel," Hasselbeck said. "People there are relieved he's not around. There's this big stink about he's on injured reserve. How come he's not on the sideline supporting his team? Let me tell you something, they don't want him there. They're going to say all the right things, 'Oh yeah, we'd love to have him around' and all that stuff because he's their teammate, he's under contract next year and you can't do that. But when they're talking to people and it's not necessarily being reported they don't want him around. He's a distraction."
Analysis: Hasselbeck added that Eli Manning is playing better because Shockey's not on the field demanding the football. Hasselbeck even made note of positional meetings he was in where the quarterbacks were told to hit Shockey with passes early "so he doesn't start going crazy." There have been murmurs that the Giants may part ways with Shockey this offseason, especially after the quality play they've received from rookie TE Kevin Boss. Either way, Shockey is a low-end No. 1 Fantasy TE heading into the 2008 season after totaling 57 catches for 619 yards and three touchdowns in 14 games.

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

phattymatty

Rome

phattymatty

shorebird

Tiki Barber eats shtein today. I really didn't care who was going to win, but I was shocked and yes, had satifaction in seeing the Patriots offensive machine get blown the farg up. The Giants defense showed if you can get to Brady you can make him seem like a regular qb.

This game was won in the trenches by the Giants on both sides of the ball.

The Giants offense blew three chances to score, I think two in the red zone.  They should have won going away. But it didn't matter because of the way their defense was playing. They were sick. But the main thing remembered from this game will be Eli's late game heroics. Say he was lucky, say he isn't that good on any other day of his life, he was that good in the Superbowl, and thats all that will be rememberd from this game. He overcame dropped passes and an interception that wasn't his fault to be the MVP of the biggest Superbowl upset ever. I've always believed you make your own luck either good or bad. There were a lot of passes Eli threw that weren't lucky, just ballsey. Like the TD pass to Tyree at the back of the endzone. Maaaaaaann. It's not a good thing at all for Eagle fans to see a division opponents qb doing the kind of shtein Eli was doing in the Superbowl, or playoffs. Unsettling to say the least. Terry Bradshaw said that greatness can come from preformances like that. I can't help but agree. I might not like it, but who in their right mind can deny what he did yesterday wasn't great? It was the farging Superbowl, man.  I'm NOT an Eli fan, and what I saw yesterday made my contempt for him even greater, but he's been in the league four years and won the Superbowl with what will be known as one of the greatest drives ever. Hate if you must, but he can't be denied anything right now.

I get no satifaction seeing the Giants win, ever. But I haven't forgot losing to the Patriots in the Superbowl either, so I get satifaction seeing them lose whoever beats them, even if I don't get satifaction from seeing the Giants win.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

cheating basterds...serves them right. id love to see what was on those tapes

oh yea and farg you boston
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

reese125

"a total that is second only to the "M*A*S*H" finale audience, Nielsen Media Research said Monday."

whenever I saw that helicopter and heard that theme song...click..change channel

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

One last thing - Mercury Morris really needs to shut his facehole.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Feva

Quote from: phattymatty on February 04, 2008, 11:49:33 AM
i'm ok with the patriots winning every single year as long as it the trophy doesn't go to a non-eagles nfc east team.

I am so glad you get this.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: phattymatty on February 04, 2008, 01:03:42 PM
to make things even worse, I had 4 and 0 in my office pool, so if the pats could have stopped the giants on the last drive, the final score would have been on my square.  i was throwing shtein.

Same here.  Even worse my Giants fan friend knocked the beer out of my hand as he jumped up in celebration.  I was also throwing shtein.