SuperBowl XLII-Patriots vs Giants

Started by reese125, January 29, 2008, 11:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

People here are upset. For what that's worth.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

rjs246

On the one hand, yes. On the other hand I'm hungover and have too much farging work to do so really, I'm just generally angry right now.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

i just wanted you to say yes.

then i was going to say it was still worth nothing

mussa

call it a fluke play or not, it was one of the most if not the most amazing play ive ever seen. in such a big game too. that won them the game

the giants d-line should of gotten the mvp
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

to make things even worse, I had 4 and 0 in my office pool, so if the pats could have stopped the giants on the last drive, the final score would have been on my square.  i was throwing shtein.

Cerevant

Quote from: mussa on February 04, 2008, 12:58:31 PM
the giants d-line should of gotten the mvp
This.  At least give it to someone on D.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

MDS

God damnit the Giants still won the Superbowl. farg.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

Call me names and question my fandom..  I don't a shtein.  If an NFC East team that was not the Eagles had to be the ones to ruin Belichick's history, I would much rather it be the Giants than either the skins or Cowboys.  My hatred runs much deeper for those two teams.  Fact is, Patriots lost, it pissed off their ego-maniac coach to the point of him essentially walking off the field before the game was over, and story-book-life Tom Brady gets to taste playoff defeat.  All great things.

farg the Patriots.  I'm still ecstatic they lost, and I still don't care that it was to the Giants.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on February 04, 2008, 12:58:31 PM
call it a fluke play or not, it was one of the most if not the most amazing play ive ever seen. in such a big game too. that won them the game

Won't even try to disagree.  It was an amazing play, during crunch time in the biggest game any of them have ever played in.  But it was still a fluke.  

Quotethe giants d-line should of gotten the mvp

You could make a case for the whole defense because other than Wes Welker, no one else on the Patriots offense did anything really noteworthy.  Of course, the reason for that is because it all starts up front with the d-line.  Brady was under pressure the entire game.  

I think it's also worthy to point out that no one has mentioned any of the commercials from the game yet.  That speaks volumes about the level of suckitude they've managed to achieve.  Absolutely horrible.  All of them. 

Also, Tom Petty put on a good show.  I couldn't hear a lot of it though because I was stuck between for gabby housewives who wouldn't stfu about dancing with the stars.  Dumb bitches.   

SunMo

wow...so belliceck has 3 SBs and not 4

GO GIANTS!

PoopyfaceMcGee

paco

Quote from: rjs246 on February 03, 2008, 10:31:31 PM
At least I get to be an icehole at work tomorrow. I'm thinking about posting a sign in my cubicle that reads '18-1'. Probably won't be that entertaining tomorrow when I'm sober, but right now it's making me giggle a lot.

What you need to do is find the pre-made "Patriots Superbowl Champions" tee shirts that they were supposed to hand out last night on ebay, and hand them out at work.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.