Around the NFL - AFC and NFC Championship

Started by BigEd76, January 20, 2008, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on January 21, 2008, 09:38:24 AM
I can't believe that I'm actually going to be rooting for the Pats in this game, but here we are.

Yup, because their fans, while annoying and stupid.....aren't GIants fans.

If you are rooting for the Giants, you deserve to be banned.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

There is no justifying it as far as I'm concerned, I just wouldn't be happy with myself if I ever rooted for another NFC East team in the superbowl. Right now, I hate the Patriots way more than I hate the Giants, but long term, I just can't do it.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on January 21, 2008, 10:05:22 AM
There is no justifying it as far as I'm concerned, I just wouldn't be happy with myself if I ever rooted for another NFC East team in the superbowl. Right now, I hate the Patriots way more than I hate the Giants, but long term, I just can't do it.

I could care less about the Patriots (you live there, its different). They bore the shtein out of me, but I just don't care about them. However, having lived 8 years in NY and surrounded by the douchebags that call themselves Giants fans...I am sickened by the outcome of last night's game.

I moved there in 1990....when the Giants won the SB. That was the same year the Eagles started off so hot and finished off like they were trying to lose every game.

I lived there when the Rangers won their first Cup in 54 years...the Flyers had just gone through YEARS of not even making the playoffs.

And when the Yankees started winning all of their World Series'. The Phillies had been Cartered a couple of years before.

:boom
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Cerevant

I only hate the Pats because I wish the Eagles had a dream of being that good.  They deserve to win this one, and win it big.  The Giants have no business playing in this game.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Magical_Retard

ok well i rooted for the giants to beat the cowboys.

and i still have 2 weeks to decide but i guess i just want a close game. i dont want a pats blow out.

i hate thier coach and im starting to hate thier attitude...esp some of the guys on D.

bruschi, seau, and harrison.

lets just say i dont care for this superbowl and i wouldnt care if the giants lost but i want a close interesting game. also if this was dallas or washington i would definetly would want them to lose. i guess out of the 3 NFC east rivals the giants i hate the least for some odd reason.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

rjs246

4 superbowls in 7 years.
2 world series titles in 4 years.
Celtics look like the real deal.
Rude, ugly, racist, inbred douchebag population.

Hate.

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Cerevant on January 21, 2008, 10:17:12 AM
I only hate the Pats because I wish the Eagles had a dream of being that good.  They deserve to win this one, and win it big.  The Giants have no business playing in this game.

Ding.

mussa

anyone in the NFC has the possibility to make it to the superbowl. giants making it is a pure example of how shteintty the NFC really is. Take The top 4 teams from the AFC, hell take all the playoff teams from the afc and put them against NFC opponents. pathetic. really pathetic
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

i'm pretty sure i won't even be watching the super bowl this year.  i have to go to a wedding in canton ohio that weekend, so i might just take a trip to the football hall of fame so at least i'm doing something football-y on super bowl sunday.

rjs246

Who the farg lives in Canton, Ohio? Jerks, that's who.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

exactly.  and who the farg gets married on super bowl weekend.  it's not like they just decide the date a few weeks beforehand.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Quote from: MDS on January 21, 2008, 02:53:16 AM
Go Bin Laden.

I said those exact words last night after the game.

I have no interest in watching the Super Bowl at all.

MDS

Official numbers won't be in for a day or two, but over 50 million people were watching the end of last nights game and the overall audience is believed to be the biggest non-Super Bowl audience in a while. Yay for big corporations.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

I don't want to ever hear another word about how the eagles should have kept Al Harris...he is not "the one the got away"

Al Harris farging blows. I have never seen 1 defensive player so responsible for letting another team stay in a game than I did last night.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.