Sean Taylor RIP

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 26, 2007, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on November 29, 2007, 07:14:53 PM
I was supposed to go hunting to start the deer season, but with a farged up shoulder, i'm not exactly able to handle a 12 gauge.  All i wanted was Venison burgers/chili/ and Jerkey. 

You hunt deer with a shotgun?

WTF?

rjs246

Lots of people hunt deer with shotguns. In Michigan it's actually illegal to hunt with a Rifle. You have to get awful close to the fargers, but it's still a viable option.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2007, 08:27:59 AM
well youre beyond any help...but perhaps it will cause some people to rethink their thought processes in certain times...

No, sir.  You are obviously the pigheaded racist beyond any help.

Sean Taylor wasn't a victim of the socioeconomic/racial divide.  He was a winner - one of the lucky ones.  He took the road through prep school into a major college program.  He was drafted #5 and was making millions and millions of dollars.  He had a long-time girl and a baby, which he loved.

Unfortunately for him, he was also a dimwit.  He put himself and his family in jeopardy by not taking the proper precautions to protect his house after a break-in.  Forget any of his other run-ins with the law or on-field lack of sportsmanship.  He made a fatal mistake.

I mean... seriously...  The guy spends a whole paragraph justifying the machete under Taylor's bed.  That should have been clue enough to anyone that it's a fluff piece written by a master of rhetoric.

MadMarchHare

If he was feeling threatened for 3 years, as Antrel Rolle suggested, by the assclowns he used to hang with, move.  Is this really hard?  He had the dough, he could live anywhere.  Just get out.
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on November 30, 2007, 08:35:29 AM
Lots of people hunt deer with shotguns. In Michigan it's actually illegal to hunt with a Rifle. You have to get awful close to the fargers, but it's still a viable option.

It's illegal to hunt them with rifles in New Jersey too.  That's one of the reasons we used to go to Central Pennsylvania to hunt.

Anyway - back to the racial taunting...

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 30, 2007, 08:38:57 AM

No, sir.  You are obviously the pigheaded racist beyond any help.

Unfortunately for him, he was also a dimwit.

There's no need for self-exculpatory huffing and puffing

again it wasnt meant for people like you...you are what you are...

it wasnt even meant for any one person to come and be like "hmmm those are some good points and perhaps ill try and open my mind and heart a little bit more next time"...people on the internet dont do that...they much prefer to yell out loud about how much they dont care about anything

really it wasnt meant to be commented on at all...read it and either spit on it or perhaps learn something from it and if one person does the latter then its a good thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

It's overwrought hyperbolic claptrap.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MadMarchHare on November 30, 2007, 08:41:22 AM
If he was feeling threatened for 3 years, as Antrel Rolle suggested, by the assclowns he used to hang with, move.  Is this really hard?  He had the dough, he could live anywhere.  Just get out.

antrell rolle grew up with him but hadnt talked to him in several years so im not sure why you woudl take his word as gospel...not saying hes wrong but his family and freinds have very different things to say...at this point it sounds like no one has much of any idea of what happened

this is a good write up detailing both sides of the robbery vs pre meditated murder theories

i lean strongly towards robbery gone bad but who knows at this point...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/29/AR2007112901648.html

rjs246

The points made in that op-ed piece are just stating the obvious. 'Nothing is black and white.' 'There are always variables, unknowns, etc etc.' That's the case in everything that happens everywhere. Are we supposed to stop casting our own judgments because of it?

People choose to use that universal truth in whatever way they want. Some say he put himself in a position where the variables were more dangerous than most. Others use it to say that we can't blame him in any way because there are too many variables to point a finger at him. Others will use it in other ways. To post it as some sort of eye-opening point of view is a little ridiculous.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

What he should have done was set up some Home Alone style nonlethal, yet incredibly amusing traps set up to deter criminals and Joe Pesci. Or, he could have taken the George Carlin approach and prayed to Joe Pesci.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on November 30, 2007, 08:55:52 AM
Are we supposed to stop casting our own judgments because of it?

if your judgements are rushed....tinged with racism...said while pounding your chest....or are just plain ignorant then yes you should stop

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

eugene robinson is one of the most respected and best op ed writers in the country...do you have to agree with him definitely not...but to attack his piece as hyperbole and claptrap shows that he hit a nerve and perhaps some self evaluation is going on here and thats a good thing

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 30, 2007, 09:00:28 AM
Quote from: rjs246 on November 30, 2007, 08:55:52 AM
Are we supposed to stop casting our own judgments because of it?

if your judgements are rushed....tinged with racism...said while pounding your chest....or are just plain ignorant then yes you should stop

WHITE LINEBACKERS...WHAT?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

first of all its white OUTSIDE linebackers that suck...but that doesnt mean you rate them as such without seeing them play.....because somewhere out there there is a good one or two...but overall they are kinda like black field goal kickers