Sean Taylor RIP

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 26, 2007, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Don Ho on November 29, 2007, 02:16:32 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 29, 2007, 01:46:57 PM
Out went the long hair, ratty surf clothes, etc. and in went the polo shirts, loafers & chino's. 

braddah, your're killing me.  represent cuz!  don't give up on our roots rome.

I'm wearing Reef sandals & Kahala shorts at the moment, Don.  I sold out years ago but now that I own my own business I can dress however the farg I want.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on November 29, 2007, 02:05:05 PM
all the answers to race relations can be found here:

This man is a genius
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Trading Places was comedic genius even if Eddie Murphy sucked as a standup comic.

;D

Seabiscuit36

I'm listening to the 8 Diagrams new Wu cd.  The song "Stick Me For My Riches" might be fitting for this story
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 29, 2007, 02:41:05 PM
Link

QuoteIF YOU'RE INTO MOURNING DEATHS OF PEOPLE YOU NEVER KNEW:
Like, say for instance, Sean Taylor, instead of taking time to tell me I'm insensitive for not caring, maybe you should take the time to care about all these other people who died in the past 24 hours that you never met or knew, too: Two civilians in Kabul, a pizza guy in California, six people in Baghdad, this 21-year-old man in Alberta, a 14-year-old girl in Japan, a toddler whose stroller rolled into traffic, a 14-year-old boy killed in a hunting accident in Atlanta, or how about this 31-year-old tree trimmer who died on the job? You don't care about them as much Sean Taylor? But why? Because none of them were athletes or celebrities? Does that make you heartless? You knew them as well as you knew Sean Taylor. Just remember -- if you died on Sunday, Sean Taylor wouldn't have cared for a second. Stop worshipping celebrities and athletes and making their lives more valuable than that of everyone else, because that's what you do when say you really care that one of them has died. Is Taylor's death sad? Sure, for his friends and family, not for the taterskins fan who had an invented bond with the man because he watched him play a game every Sunday. Instead of mourning a stranger's death, why don't you call your spouse and tell them you love them. Idiot.

absolutely assinine red herring argument

just like all of us would care more about jerome brown than sean taylor a taterskin fan is going to care more about sean taylor than pete smith in idaho...the argument that every death should mean the same to every person is as dumb as it gets

people like dio who dont care about anyone make more sense than that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

Dude, Pete Smith died?  That's farged up.....

rjs246

I'm getting a little choked up about it myself.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

good ol' Pete Smith

never forget that one day...
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

Pete Smith died? Good Riddance you piece of shtein.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

reese125

Quote from: SunMo on November 29, 2007, 04:15:40 PM
good ol' Pete Smith

at band camp when....

Diomedes

Quote from: hbionic on November 29, 2007, 04:19:20 PM
Pete Smith died? Good Riddance you piece of shtein.
haha...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

paco

Quote from: SunMo on November 29, 2007, 04:15:40 PM
good ol' Pete Smith

I've been crying ever since I heard the news.  If anyone wants, they can text me at 215-555-0421 with words of encouragement. 

Anyone know when the candlelight vigil is?
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Diomedes

ghetto dwellers got to step up.  tired of hearing excuses why they can't.  opportunities better now than they've ever been, and still they shtein where they eat.  for sure, government and society could and should do more.  but I'm not a racist to say it's time stillupfront's moms start to pick up after themselves and show up to school and work.

I know where to go to find a gang of mexicans who are willing to bust they ass all day long for work.  They don't get paid much, but they willing to do it.  Not a single place in town you can go find black american ghetto dwellers who will work.  At the end of the day, the impoverished mexican guy got 50 bucks in his pocket and stayed out of trouble.  at the end of a couple years doing it, he's foreman of a landscaping crew.  at the end of ten years, he's got his own company.  at the end of 25 years, his kids are in college.

just saying

and yeah yeah, vigy  I know I'm a racist.  so are you anklebiter
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

its not the black folk that live in rural georgia that we are talking about...go into an inner city latino neighborhood and you got the same problems as opposed to latinos that live in the valleys of central california and pick lettuce

im talking about the millions trapped in the inner cities of the us who cant even walk to school without worrying about getting killed and who cant find jobs and are harrassed by the cops five times a day and live above open air drug markets...and have nothing to turn too...

the bad parents you speak of learn from their own bad parents and so on...its a vicious cycle and its the way the white power structure wants it

personal repsonsibility is a part of it...and bad parenting is of course an issue...but this problem is way bigger than that...its a basic human rights thing...you think a kid in west baltimore has the same chance as a black kid in columbia?....all people are not created equal...

i know its impossible for their to be a level playing field for everyone but can we at least raise the bottom level up so they have a semi fair chance
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Oh, agreed.  Raising the bottom level is completely possible, and necessary.

I know who you're talking about.  Basically, you're talking about entrenched American urban poverty.  Which is mostly black, except for a few pockets of latinos.  Even so, I can tell you for a fact that the urban latinos in bodymore work their asses off by comparison.  Go to Broadway at Lombard any morning and there they are, waiting for and grateful for work.  And they bust ass when they get it.  The guys I worked with just yesterday on a landscaping job are going to do great for themselves simply by showing up and working...that's how you get it done.  And you don't have to be born in El Salvador to know that.

I hear a lot of rhetoric about what the government has to do, but I don't hear much from the same peopel about what people have to do.  So-called liberals can't be heard to suggest that urban poor take it upon themselves to pick up after themselves.  Don't shtein on your own stoop.  I don't hear a lot of people suggesting they get up off their welfair funded couch and go to school, or work.  The people who suggest things like that are characterized as out of touch or racist, and that's bullshtein.  Liberals need to wise up and preach both sides if they're going to be relevent.

My aunt ran a very large urban soup kitchen for years, a halfway house rehab kind of thing, etc.  She's black (yeah, I have a black family member), urban born and raised, liberal as they come.  She doesn't do much talking about all the political stuff, all the disadvantages.  Not to me and not to the people she works with.  She talks showing up.  Go to school, go to work.  Go to court when you have a court date.  Etc.

If you get off the pundit tip and talk to people who are actually working with poverty you find that they too are talking the responsibility tip.

But we don't hear that..we hear Bill O'Reilly wanking off about personal responsibility in derisive rhetoric, and douchebags claiming the poor should be fed and housed simply for being born.

I'm pretty tired of all that shtein.