Sean Taylor RIP

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, November 26, 2007, 04:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Quote from: TexasEagle on November 28, 2007, 09:25:57 PM
Quote from: PPinDC on November 28, 2007, 07:57:58 PM
BTW, I just did a search for an "RIP Darrent Williams" thread on ES. No luck. Shocker of the week, that one.

Ain't it though? I went looking and couldn't find shtein yesterday either. Bunch of farging hypocrites over there.

I don't think we have one either.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Cerevant

Quote from: MDS on November 29, 2007, 01:30:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378
Interesting take from Samari Rolle on Taylor's death.
QuoteHe added he did not believe the killing was part of a burglary gone sour, and that Taylor had many enemies on the streets of Miami.

"This was not the first incident," Rolle said. "They've been targeting him for three years now."

This guy was a farging moron.  Multi-millionaire, being hunted for 3 years and the stupid farg doesn't have the sense to move away?  He's lucky he didn't get his wife and kid killed while he was at it.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on November 29, 2007, 01:30:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3132378

Interesting take from Samari Rolle on Taylor's death.

Clearly this is from Antrel Rolle, not Samari.

Diomedes

Clearly.  Samari is too busy convulsing to string together that many words.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Here's an interesting tidbit: Taylor's g/f Jackie Garcia is actor Andy Garcia's niece

Another ridiculous sigpic:

Magical_Retard

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 29, 2007, 07:55:00 AM
Here's an interesting tidbit: Taylor's g/f Jackie Garcia is actor Andy Garcia's niece

Another ridiculous sigpic:

but that isnt even sean taylor. or am i missing the point?
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

SD_Eagle5

ha, you're right. I missed that detail. I was referring more to the angelic aspect.

Feva

That's him.  The pic is from his 1st year in the league where he wore #36.  He switched to #21 after that.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Cerevant

This:
QuoteAccording to reports, Sean Taylor had difficulty breaking free from the unsavory characters he associated with during his youth.

The "keepin' it real" mantra of hip hop is in direct defiance to evolution. There's always someone ready to tell you you're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.

The Black KKK is enforcing the same crippling standards as its parent organization. It wants to keep black men in their place — uneducated, outside the mainstream and six feet deep.

I'm sure VIGY will be along to call this guy an Uncle Tom, and the irony will make my brain hurt badly.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

reese125

QuoteThere's always someone ready to tell you you're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.

The one's that say they are selling out are the one's that will be in jail or dead at 30--or in Taylors case 24. This paragraph is farging sad

ice grillin you

Quote from: Cerevant on November 29, 2007, 01:05:54 PM
This:
QuoteAccording to reports, Sean Taylor had difficulty breaking free from the unsavory characters he associated with during his youth.

The "keepin' it real" mantra of hip hop is in direct defiance to evolution. There's always someone ready to tell you you're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.

The Black KKK is enforcing the same crippling standards as its parent organization. It wants to keep black men in their place — uneducated, outside the mainstream and six feet deep.

I'm sure VIGY will be along to call this guy an Uncle Tom, and the irony will make my brain hurt badly.

he makes a lot of good points...however the main focus should be on instutional racism that keeps young black people poor uneducated and trapped in the inner cities of america with little means of escape "you either slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot"...so while i agree with much of what he says calling them the black kkk is stupidity...as is completely overlooking the real problem
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Cerevant

Is it instutional racism, or the effect of people who refuse to "speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man"?

reese125

Cerevant, your going to cause a hail storm in about 5 seconds

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Cerevant on November 29, 2007, 01:20:02 PM
Is it instutional racism, or the effect of people who refuse to "speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man"?

Its a mix of both

We had this debate last semester in my Juvenile Justice class. One of the black guys in my class mentored teens in Camden and agreed

rjs246

Quote from: SD_Eagle on November 29, 2007, 01:21:44 PM
Quote from: Cerevant on November 29, 2007, 01:20:02 PM

Its a mix of both

We had this debate last semester in my Juvenile Justice class. One of the black guys in my class mentored teens in Camden and agreed

That's exactly right. It's a combination of both. But don't expect bleeding hearts or right-ists to see it that way. It's always extremes...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.