2008 NFL Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 20, 2007, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 24, 2008, 12:00:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 24, 2008, 11:58:10 AM
hes a legendary moron...you do know that star athletes get help in college?

Evidently they also get help mastering the most complex offensive scheme in the history of pro football as well.

thats my point...id rather have a football smart guy than a book smart guy

there is absolutely no correlation btwn doing well on the wonderlic and doing well on the football field
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sean Taylor scored a 10, as did Vince Wilfork.
Kellen Winslow II scored a 12.

QuoteThe average score for an NFL prospect is 19. The average score overall -- hundreds of corporations use the Wonderlic -- is 21. Last year Iowa State running back Darren Davis reportedly scored a 4. Now, of course, he's in Congress.

Teams aren't supposed to release the scores, but they're usually leaked anyway. Among quarterbacks Brian Griese is said to have scored a 39, Drew Bledsoe 37, Steve Young 33, John Elway 30, Troy Aikman 29, Cade McNown 28, Mark Brunell 22, Tim Couch 22, Trent Dilfer 22, Brett Favre 22, Daunte Culpepper 21, Vinny Testaverde 18, Dan Marino 16, Randall Cunningham 15 and Jeff George 10. Kicker Sebastian Janikowski reportedly got a 9, though he offered $500 to the test proctor to give him a 10. (Kidding.) This year Florida quarterback Jesse Palmer is said to have scored a 32, and TCU star running back LaDainian Tomlinson only had a 13. Anytime your Wonderlic approaches your cleat size, it's not good.

Apparently, Joe Montana's is hard to come by, but apparently he scored in Marino range.

Rome

Stupid players are preferable to smart ones.  Got it.

SunMo

QuoteTCU star running back LaDainian Tomlinson only had a 13

yup...they are
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Rome

Kevin Curtis scored a 48.

I rest my case!

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on March 24, 2008, 01:18:18 PM
Smart people can be great athletes.  Got it.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SunMo on March 24, 2008, 01:13:42 PM
QuoteTCU star running back LaDainian Tomlinson only had a 13

yup...they are

Sweet Bejeebuzz, imagine what LT could do with a 42 wonderlic!!  It wouldn't even be safe for the average fan.
It'd be a frightening, avert-your-eyes-to-avoid-being-injured while still beholding such a resplendant beneficence  .  At least for the average viewer.

paco

Not sure if any of you draft geeks would have a use for this, but here is a excel spreadhseet that allows picks to be sorted by round, team, how they were aquired, etc.  Found this in Mike Sando's blog.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

phattymatty

that is awesome.  for rillz.

ice grillin you

malcolm kelly ran a 4.68 at his pro day.....ooops

PhillyPhreak54

And then blamed the school because they made him run on field turf and not astro turf.

Thats why I hate the 40 and pro days. Those guys put on track shoes and want fast surfaces when that is not how it goes down on game day.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2008, 10:27:33 PM
malcolm kelly ran a 4.68 at his pro day.....ooops

same speed as munson

Munson

Hey now give a brother credit. I'm 2 tenths of a second faster then him, or was.

I'm also like half his size, so...more power to him
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 10, 2008, 11:13:15 PM
And then blamed the school because they made him run on field turf and not astro turf.

That more than anything will hurt his draft stock.  He came off sounding like a baby.  Before this by most accounts he was a solid character guy.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell