2008 NFL Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 20, 2007, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Good thing, I'm Doing errands that morning.  My wife signed us up for a dog walk down the beach, i didn't realize until last weekend that it was coinciding with draft weekend
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

4and26

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 22, 2008, 02:28:12 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 22, 2008, 02:17:37 PM
Does that mean that the Rams are free to negotiate with their pick now? Also I hope this doesn't mean that we have to sit through 10 minutes of before the Dolphins make their pick.

No, only the #1 pick can be negotiated pre-draft.

Yes, you will have to sit through the whole 10 minutes.

So at number one I can negotiate with whom ever I want ...makes sense.  Now that pick has essentially been made so why can't the team picking 2 starting make offers?   I

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on April 22, 2008, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 22, 2008, 02:36:56 PM
My wife signed us up for a dog walk down the beach,

LOL 

FAG

whats worse the dog walk or that the wife just did it full well knowing he was going no matter what was happening that weekend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 22, 2008, 02:34:50 PM
Does that mean that the Rams are free to negotiate with their pick now? Also I hope this doesn't mean that we have to sit through 10 minutes of before the Dolphins make their pick.

I hate when a team already has a deal negotiated but still takes the full amount of time. BTW the Eagles should pick sometime around 5:30

Not if they trade up or out of pick #19... which they probably will.

Quote from: 4and26 on April 22, 2008, 02:38:07 PM
So at number one I can negotiate with whom ever I want ...makes sense.  Now that pick has essentially been made so why can't the team picking 2 starting make offers?

Ask Goodell.  I think it's more because the actual draft still isn't officially taking place.  The team with the first pick gets to NEGOTIATE but cannot SIGN anybody.

Dillen

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 22, 2008, 02:42:14 PM
The team with the first pick gets to NEGOTIATE but cannot SIGN anybody.
Word. I haven't tried to find anything out on the situation other than what I saw here so maybe it's already a lock the Dolphins take Jake Long, but the #1 team always negotiates with 3 or 4 players they're considering.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2008, 02:41:49 PM
Quote from: SunMo on April 22, 2008, 02:38:05 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 22, 2008, 02:36:56 PM
My wife signed us up for a dog walk down the beach,

LOL 

FAG

whats worse the dog walk or that the wife just did it full well knowing he was going no matter what was happening that weekend
both

For some reason this year, i just havent gotten into the draft
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

probably all that cock you've been sucking

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on April 22, 2008, 03:25:12 PM
probably all that cock you've been sucking
speaking of which, when are you coming over

Rome

SunMo

just make sure you follow the whole thing through...wear white shorts, and tie a sweater around your neck so it covers your back.  then wear high white socks.

classy.

Seabiscuit36

Eagaholic

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 22, 2008, 02:28:12 PM

No, only the #1 pick can be negotiated pre-draft.

Yes, you will have to sit through the whole 10 minutes.

I'd wondered about the #2 team being able to negotiate too. PFT thinks differently though, posting this:

THE RAMS ARE ON THE CLOCK
Posted by Mike Florio on April 22, 2008, 12:59 p.m.
The St. Louis Rams are now free to negotiate with any incoming rookie.  Except left tackle Jake Long.  Because, according to Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com, Long has agreed to terms with the Miami Dolphins to become the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Rams agreed to terms with Rick Astley: