2008 NFL Draft Thread

Started by ice grillin you, November 20, 2007, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troyhstewart

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2008, 10:27:33 PM
malcolm kelly ran a 4.68 at his pro day.....ooops

Didn't Anquan Boldin run a 4.7?  Didn't TO run a 4.6+ coming out of college?

I hope this pushes him into the second round where the Eagles can snatch him up.

Rome

goeagles99 from the EMB told me that 40 time definitely knocked him out of the first round.  Tommy's usually accurate as hell on those tips,  He thinks the Eagles could get him anywhere from 30-35 if they decide to trade up to get him if they can get one of the teams in that range to take Lito.

SD_Eagle5

great...trade up for a wr...that doesnt have disaster written all over it

Rome

You wouldn't take Kelly at 30-35?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Chad Johnson ran a 4.58 out of school.  For reference, he's as much quicker as Kelly as Munson is quicker than Chad Johnson.

Munson

Further proof that 40 times mean absolutely jack shtein.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

The 10 yard dash means so much more.

Put those Romes in full gear and then have them run it.

shorebird

I think 40 times can tell you a little, but speed is nothing without the ability to change direction, and make people miss. I think good peripheral vision is almost as important as speed.

Munson

Agree with Phreak, the 10 yard dash is where it's at. When it comes to WR's, that's the most important part...you beat the corner within the first 3 steps of your route.

Plus the 40 can really change by a tenth of a second or more on a day to day basis. Chad Johnson is much faster then a 4.58
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Munson on April 12, 2008, 07:53:31 AM
Agree with Phreak, the 10 yard dash is where it's at. When it comes to WR's, that's the most important part...you beat the corner within the first 3 steps of your route.

Plus the 40 can really change by a tenth of a second or more on a day to day basis. Chad Johnson is much faster then a 4.58

How did you fair at the combine and what teams are looking at you?

Father Demon

I ran a 4.26 10 just last week.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Munson

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 12, 2008, 08:12:57 AM
Quote from: Munson on April 12, 2008, 07:53:31 AM

How did you fair at the combine and what teams are looking at you?

Actually the local combine is where I got that time. The only school that talked to me was Wesley, and it was nothing big. Just asked me what school I played for and if I was looking to play in college. I was actually considering going to Wesley to make the team but I'm glad I didn't...a few kids from my graduating class went there to play and they say its impossible to get playing time cause the team is like 80 kids deep. But that explains why they contend a lot of years in DIII...And DelTech is about 328524054 dollars cheaper.

a 4.26 10? Demon, you're as good as drafted sir.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Top 50 Steals of the draft...

Westbrook's #50!

Hey, Andy Reid did a great job out there.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous