Around the NFL - Week 5

Started by Sgt PSN, October 07, 2007, 01:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

so is everyone in professional sports. they all make a shteinload of money, of course they are repubs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

At least Favre is deserving of the praise he's getting this year.  Other than week 1 against the Eagles, he's been playing like Favre of 5 or 6 years ago. 

SunMo

i really want Al Michaels to have a stroke on air
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Favre ties another NFL record (most INTs)

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SunMo on October 07, 2007, 09:58:32 PM
Al Michaels is farging terrible...he's always making references to other sports that Madden doesn't care about and/or get because he only cares about football and Michaels is always over explaining and over dramatizing things are inconsequential to the game.  overall NBC's quality of broadcast is pretty farging terrible.  Keith Olberman is trying to recapture the past on their 7pm show and he's cringe inducing.

omg did you see Favre throw the ball out of bounds underhanded?!?!

that is SO classic Favre!
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

DH

Nothing pisses me off more than people who bitch about their fantasy teams.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Die-Hard on October 08, 2007, 08:16:17 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than people who bitch about their fantasy teams.

BigEd76

Quote from: SunMo on October 07, 2007, 09:58:32 PM
Al Michaels is farging terrible...he's always making references to other sports that Madden doesn't care about and/or get because he only cares about football

ha...I caught that last night

Michaels: "Look at McCarthy wearing a jacket even though it's warm out."
Madden: "..."
Michaels: "He reminds me of that baseball coach....who's that guy?.....with the jacket?....and it's hot?"
Michaels: "Mike Scioscia wears a jacket."
Michaels: "Francona..."

Father Demon

So I went to the Rams - Cards game yesterday.  A guy at work hooked us up with free tickets and a free tailagte.  Sweet, even if it was the Rams - AZ. 

So, here's what I saw:

46 people wearing their Rams jerseys tucked into their khaki shorts
the stadium was only 2/3 full at the start of the game.
At 8:30 left in the game, it was less than half full, even though the Rams had a shot
People complaining about the refs betting on games, and knowing that the cards had to beat the spread, which was 3 (the Cards won by exactly 3, meaning it was a push)
The halftime thing was a breast cancer awareness thing, and a huge banner came out on the field that said "Real Men Wear Pink" - and it was carroed by about 800 people....  all wearing green shirts, thanks to the sponsor (National City) who's colors are green and white.

At least it was an entertaining game....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

DH

You do realize that the Phils won exactly as many playoffs games as the Mets did, dont you Sass?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Die-Hard on October 08, 2007, 11:04:22 AM
You do realize that the Phils won exactly as many playoffs games as the Mets did, dont you Sass?

Does that actually make it easier on you?

Keep in mind this is the team the Mets proved incapable of beating, both head-to-head and in the standings.  How bad do the Mets have to suck to be even worse than the Phillies?

DH

Easier? Not at all.

But, do I think its funny that after everyone got so pumped up about the Phillies they got swept? You're goddamn right I do. And the "We ran into a team that just wouldnt lose excuse" makes it even funnier. Not as funny as the bug excuse being used by Yankee fans, but funny nonetheless.

But my initial point remains the same - no one cares about your damn fantasy football team.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Who's made an excuse?  I'm just glad this collection of bums outplayed your collection of douchebags and got to the playoffs.  Anything after that would have been gravy.

And, I'll be sure to send you fantasy updates by IM from now on.  To catch you up, my team includes #1 players at each position that have been colossally underachieving thus far this year in Philip Rivers, Larry Johnson, and Marvin Harrison.  And yet, I have advanced to 3-2 and play the 1st place team next week without his top two RB's and WR, all out on bye.  So, despite the fact my team is awful, I am staring 4-2 in the face somehow.  Oh, and your boy Brian Leonard did me a solid and hooked me up with 13 points yesterday.

I think it goes without saying that if I were a Mets fan, my team would look great on paper but be last in the standings.

DH

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Die-Hard on October 08, 2007, 11:52:58 AM
I am a Jersey douche that actively roots both for and against Philly sports.

Good point.  Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Is this game really worth playing?