Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

HOLY ISH

BRAD LIDGE and Eric Bruntlett for Geary, Bourn and Costanzo  :o

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 07, 2007, 10:32:14 PM
HOLY ISH

Is that real, or rumor?  Didn't find anything on the Phils' website.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 07, 2007, 10:32:14 PM
HOLY ISH

I thought you were joking at first. Link
Guess Lidge becomes the closer, now re-sign Romero and move Myers back into the rotation.

BigEd76

It's on FOXSports.com and ESPN.com too

Lidge is the new closer, but he's a free agent after the 2008 season

Bruntlett takes Nunez's spot as backup IF/OF

Myers returns to the rotation

Gordon is the setup guy

In Houston, Bourn will start in CF and lead off, moving Pence to RF.  Wade gets his reliever, and Costanzo is Costanzo (see the last few pages)

MDS

GREAT trade.

Bourn sucks, yea its just me, but getting anything of value for him is gold.
Gas Can? Who cares.
Costanzo probably won't pan out, but who cares.

Lidge, Gordon, Madson, Mathieson and hopefully Romero is a good veteran bullpen.

Hamels, Myers, Kendrick, Moyer, Eaton is an average rotation. Still room for improvement there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 07, 2007, 10:46:46 PM
It's on FOXSports.com and ESPN.com too

Lidge is the new closer, but he's a free agent after the 2008 season

Bruntlett takes Nunez's spot as backup IF/OF

Myers returns to the rotation

Gordon is the setup guy

In Houston, Bourn will start in CF and lead off, moving Pence to RF.  Wade gets his reliever, and Costanzo is Costanzo (see the last few pages)

Then I agree:  Holy crap!

Thing with Lidge is that he seems to be prone to prolonged slumps.  Is he perhaps too mentally soft to play in Philly - and especially in the little league field known as Citizens Bank Park?

If the Phils get good Lidge =  :drool

If the Phils get 5.00+ and lots of homers =  :puke

Lastly, so much for Costanzo being the 3B of the future.  They had better damn well get one now.

BigEd76

Jayson Stark loves the trade and thinks the Phils got a good closer for basically a speed guy.  He also says the Phils may go after Geoff Jenkins to platoon in RF if they don't re-sign Rowand...

SD_Eagle5

I was iffy on this trade then I remembered Ed Wade was the Astros new GM and now I'm all for it.

MDS

Costanzo was never going to pan out into anything, anyway. He is still years away from producing at 3B, so it's back to the drawing board on that one.

Bruntlett is a versatile player. He can essentially play every position except first and catcher. So that's good news considering how often Uncle Cholly gets a brain cramp. His defense at third probably isn't as good as Nunez's, but we'll wait and see what the Phillies do there.

A big plus is that he is close to a .300 hitter as a PH over the last few years (11 for 37 with 6 k's). Really doesn't have any power, not all that patient, but he's pretty good against RHP.

All in all, not a bad guy to get spell Rollins and Utley every now and then.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 07, 2007, 11:26:22 PM
Thing with Lidge is that he seems to be prone to prolonged slumps.  Is he perhaps too mentally soft to play in Philly - and especially in the little league field known as Citizens Bank Park?

If the Phils get good Lidge =  :drool

If the Phils get 5.00+ and lots of homers =  :puke

That's my concern also.  Dude had some serious consistancy issues last year and had the closer job taken away from him for a little while.  But when he's on, he's almost unhittable. 

ice grillin you

lidge is gonna be a total bust here....he wont be a gas can in that park hell be a refinery...plus hes not exactly the most stable guy mentally...a couple pop ups into the flower bed and he will implode

but at least this gets myers back in the rotatgion where he belongs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

^^^^^^

lolololol

Figures.

Does anyone else think this means they make a push to re-sign Rowand now?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

what would this move have to do with rowand...unless the rumored numbers are way off rowand is long gone

victorino in center

werth platoon in right

BigEd76

ig, other than the almost impossible moves of getting A-Rod, Santana or Cabrera, what the hell is going to make you happy with this team?

ice grillin you