things more dependable than winston justice...

Started by ice grillin you, September 30, 2007, 11:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

He had a lot of help on Sunday, no?  Instead of being left to die vs. Umenyiora?

Anyone but Reid.

Zanshin

Well, we do know that Winston Justice IS actually more dependable than Shawn Andrews. He's had a really bad start and a pretty good start...but at least he showed up.

hbionic

I have a weird feeling Justice is going to end up being a hall of famer or something.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Diomedes

it would be better if you kept your weird feelings to yourself
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

BigEd76

Quote from: MadMarchHare on September 16, 2009, 07:54:28 AMHe had a lot of help on Sunday, no?  Instead of being left to die vs. Umenyiora?

From what I heard he received minimal support.  I think putting him at his familiar RT spot helped a lot...

Sgt PSN

i think facing a worn out panthers defense that couldn't get off the field (and when they did, the offense turned the ball over) helped alot. 

reese125

or maybe the fact that he was shell shocked for 1 game against one of the best pass rushers in the game, reid still gave him no help after the 3rd sack and left him out to dry, and he's not all that bad afterall with a full offseason or 2 to develop his footwork?
maybe

hbionic

Umenyiora sucked ass prior to meeting Justice. He should pay Justice a royalty for what he did to for his career.

Diomedes

ha, you just don't listen

weird feelings bro, keep 'em to yourself
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 16, 2009, 11:38:49 AM
i think facing a worn out panthers defense that couldn't get off the field (and when they did, the offense turned the ball over) helped alot. 

didnt carolina have a TOP advantage....and i know at one point in the third quarter they were down 24 i think and had run like 9 more plays or something
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Yeah, and that's why all of this excitement over this win bothers me to no end. If Carolina isn't being quarterbacked by Delhomme this game would have looked a whole lot different... They controlled the clock and when they ran the ball they had success...
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

it wouldn't surprise me, but only because when you get a couple of big plays like the eagles did (fumble return and punt return), it's basically taking away snaps from the offense and giving more snaps to the opposing offense....thus a slightly skewed top stat.   

but what i was really getting at is that carolina's defense had to try and overcome 7 turnovers, which will wear a defense out.  

Feva

Quote from: rjs246 on September 16, 2009, 12:53:07 PM
Yeah, and that's why all of this excitement over this win bothers me to no end. If Carolina isn't being quarterbacked by Delhomme this game would have looked a whole lot different... They controlled the clock and when they ran the ball they had success...

Outside of that 1st drive...no they didn't.  The D stiffened up afterwards even before the game got out if hand.  

And TOP would have been slanted towards Carolina considering the defensive TD and punt return TD. The Eagles had 14 points in the 2nd qtr before the offense even took the field...and when they finally did, they only had 10 yds to go and scored on 1st down.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

rjs246

Quote from: EagleFeva on September 16, 2009, 01:01:33 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on September 16, 2009, 12:53:07 PM

Outside of that 1st drive...no they didn't.  The D stiffened up afterwards even before the game got out if hand. 

And TOP would have been slanted towards Carolina considering the defensive TD and punt return TD. The Eagles had 14 points in the 2nd qtr before the offense even took the field...and when they finally did, they only had 10 td's to go and scored on 1st down.

Lies.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.