Around The NFL - Week 2

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 16, 2007, 12:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

The Patriots already have a 2-game lead in the AFC East. :puke

TRUCK RATHMAN

Niners 2-0 even with a disturbingly pathetic WR corps :-[

Magical_Retard

does sal pal have something against the eagles? i caught him hosting the nfl edge matchup show sat night and they privewed tonights game a bit and he said something about "mcnabb needs to get it together...since the superbowl season he is 9-12".... and hodge of all ppl responded by saying "hes been hurt".

i mean i know i may defend mcnabb too much at times but sal always seems like hes mad at the eagles for something. did reid's kid run over his cat while driving drugged up?
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 07:27:43 AM
does sal pal have something against the eagles? i caught him hosting the nfl edge matchup show sat night and they privewed tonights game a bit and he said something about "mcnabb needs to get it together...since the superbowl season he is 9-12".... and hodge of all ppl responded by saying "hes been hurt".

i mean i know i may defend mcnabb too much at times but sal always seems like hes mad at the eagles for something. did reid's kid run over his cat while driving drugged up?

In all likelihood, he's a bit of a fan.  As such, he hates McNabb, as we all should to an extent.  McNabb's a great QB most of the time, but aren't we basically at the point where it's guaranteed that he does NOT win a Super Bowl for Philadelphia?

Regardless, he's spot on.  McNabb's injured too much, and he did not look 100% last week.

Cerevant

I think Sal was getting a rep for being an Eagles homer, like Jaws.  My guess is that he's over compensating so that he doesn't get pigeon-holed in the business.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Feva

So Sal Pal is not so much unlike some of our esteemed CF posters, huh?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Watching the Pats/Chargers game last night made me realize a few things:

1.  The Pats, cheating or not, are a damn good football team.

2.  Seeing Adalieus (sp?) Thomas play makes me hate Reid/Banner/Lurie even more.  While he's all over the field intercepting passes and rushing the QB, the Eagles have guys like Gocong and McCoy. 

This is nothing new of course.  I just look at the Pats and I see that they lost 1 AFC Championship game so they immediately go out and get players like Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Thomas.  It took the Eagles losing 3 years in a row before going out and getting TO.  It farging enrages me when I think about how close this team was for 4 straight years and how the front office did almost nothing to about it. 

Cerevant

An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

BigEd76

Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 07:27:43 AMdoes sal pal have something against the eagles? i caught him hosting the nfl edge matchup show sat night and they privewed tonights game a bit and he said something about "mcnabb needs to get it together...since the superbowl season he is 9-12"

He was also on NBC10 last night bringing up that McNabb is 1-5 in his last 6 starts.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 17, 2007, 11:43:58 AM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 07:27:43 AMdoes sal pal have something against the eagles? i caught him hosting the nfl edge matchup show sat night and they privewed tonights game a bit and he said something about "mcnabb needs to get it together...since the superbowl season he is 9-12"

He was also on NBC10 last night bringing up that McNabb is 1-5 in his last 6 starts.

Has he said anything that isn't correct?

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Magical_Retard

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 17, 2007, 12:02:33 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on September 17, 2007, 11:43:58 AM

Has he said anything that isn't correct?

cept some of those games were not his fault alone. sal pal's implication is that mcnabb is the sole reason they eagles are 1-5 in the last 6 games. oh well it doesnt matter...if eagles lose tonight i expect a declaration of mcnabb's career being over by just not sal pal but the majority of the "experts".
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

rjs246

Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 12:39:40 PM
cept some of those games were not his fault alone. sal pal's implication is that mcnabb is the sole reason they eagles are 1-5 in the last 6 games. oh well it doesnt matter...if eagles lose tonight i expect a declaration of mcnabb's career being over by just not sal pal but the majority of the "experts".

I think I just threw up in my mouth. You are really reaching here dude. he's 1-5 in his last 6 starts. Don't defend him until he actually does something right.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on September 17, 2007, 12:54:36 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on September 17, 2007, 12:39:40 PM

I think I just threw up in my mouth. You are really reaching here dude. he's 1-5 in his last 6 starts. Don't defend him until he actually does something right.

Agreed.  And I'm as big of a DMac supporter as there is.  But dating back to last year, McNabb did not play very well in his previous 6 starts, sans the Skins game in Philly.  This actually dates back to the New Orleans game where he played fairly well, but not in crunch time.   He kept throwing TD passes to Barber in Tampa and looked like a steamy pile of hot poo agianst J-ville and wasn't doing much better against Tenn before he got hurt.  Obviously not everything that went wrong during that stretch is his fault.  But it's the one multigame stretch during his career that I can remember where this team needed him to pick them up and he didn't.