NFL Week 1

Started by Wingspan, September 06, 2007, 04:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

So do the Giants and Cowboys just have no defense, or what?

The BIGSTUD

We knew that going in. Well the people who know football did. Every year people just suddenly think the Cowboys will have a good defense. It sucks.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

It just got worse.  Jason Ferguson is done for the year (torn bicep)

QB Eagles

High bodycount in that game. For the Giants, Eli Manning, Brandon Jacobs, Osi Umenyiora, and Kevin Dockery all had to leave.

Manning is getting an MRI on his bruised shoulder. Jacobs apparently damaged his MCL, and the extent of that is still unknown.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on September 09, 2007, 08:27:54 PM
Bills TE Kevin Everett is undergoing emergency cervical spinal surgery after a helmet-to-helmet hit today on special teams...

Man, this one isn't just about ever coming back to football...

Cerevant

Quote from: Geowhizzer on September 10, 2007, 06:04:16 AM
Quote from: BigEd76 on September 09, 2007, 08:27:54 PM
Bills TE Kevin Everett is undergoing emergency cervical spinal surgery after a helmet-to-helmet hit today on special teams...

Man, this one isn't just about ever coming back to football...
Is someone going to have to die before they start enforcing spearing rules?  There is no excuse - the league is willing to crack down on touchdown celebrations, but not on plays that are putting their most valuable assets at risk.

It is this simple: if helmet contact does not include face mask contact it is a personal foul.  See what you hit.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Sgt PSN

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 10, 2007, 05:17:55 PM
Patriots accused of stealing signals.  Again

The Jets need to hire two guys with white Gatorade towels to stand over their signal guy

BigEd76

FOXSports reporting Everett's doctors say he'll be at least partially paralyzed barring a miracle

Orlando Pace, Mike Brown, Dusty Dvoracek and Yeremiah Bell all done for the year

Eli Manning rumored to be out a month

SunMo

yeah, i just saw all of them scroll by on ESPNews, that's a costly week #1
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Ed Reed just filled in as the emergency punt returner for the Ravens and ran it back for a TD.   :-X

Rome

SINE ED READ!!!!!!!!!!1

Sgt PSN

I don't think he even got touched though.  The punt was so far beyond the coverage that fielding it was a no brainer. 

SunMo

let's see him dive and field one though
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

Can anyone really argue that he's not one of the best five players in the NFL?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger