NFL Week 1

Started by Wingspan, September 06, 2007, 04:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Russell agreed in principle to a $68 million contract per espn.com
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBELICHICK SUMMONED TO NEW YORK?

WVCB in Boston reports that Pats coach Bill Belichick has been summoned to New York by Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer questions regarding allegations that the Patriots were stealing defensive signals on Sunday against the Jets.

WEEI in Boston reports that the Patriots deny the WVCB report.

Either way, this issue is generating all sorts of buzz in league and media circles.  Though it could be driven by the perception that the Patriots are the top organization in the league and the other 31 franchises would love to seem them take a fall, there's just too much smoke on this one to disregard it.

Still, we doubt that the Pats are the only team stealing signals, if the final decision is that they are or have been.  Multiple readers have told us that the Eagles were taking great pains to shield their own defensive signals from prying eyes against the Packers, which suggests that this could be a fairly common thing.   

The Eagles were doing it against GB because of Al Harris...and they did it against NY last year too because of Carlos Emmons.

Father Demon

The Pats did it in the Super Bowl, which is the ONLY reason the Eagles lost.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 11, 2007, 05:12:14 PM

The Eagles were doing it against GB because of Al Harris

Yet, alas, the efforts were foiled as Harris let his arm fall off near the Eagles sideline, and it reported everything back to Harris's dreads in real time.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

actually, it went so well he's questionable for next week.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even if he can't walk, the Eagles should sign him to return punts.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 11, 2007, 06:44:51 PM
Even if he can't walk, the Eagles should sign him to return punts.

If voluntary movement means waving his arms than why not

QB Eagles

Quote from: Father Demon on September 11, 2007, 05:16:35 PM
The Pats did it in the Super Bowl, which is the ONLY reason the Eagles lost.

Yep! The NFL will have to go back and give the Eagles the Patriots win over the Panthers too, because the Pats were cheating and the Panthers were all on roids. Clearly the Eagles would have glided to victory that season had it not been for all the cheating.

QB Eagles

BJ Sams is done for the year after tearing his ACL. I'm sure the Ravens are pissed that the Birds snapped up Reno Mahe before they were able to sign him.

Sgt PSN

Good thing the Eagles grabbed Mahe before the Ravens had a chance to scoop him up. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 11, 2007, 10:18:22 PM
Good thing the Eagles grabbed Mahe before the Ravens had a chance to scoop him up. 

I swear I've heard that joke somewhere before...

Diomedes

It's not so much the surgery that Everett's improved condition is being credited to as it was the immediate care provided after the injury; within minutes the doctor had induced hypothermia to prevent/reduce swelling.   

I'll repeat that, because I think it's about the coolest thing I've heard in weeks (no pun intended):  within minutes of his injury, doctors induced a state of hypothermia as a form of treatment. 

bad ass doctors right there
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

I'm wondering if because of the Miami Project (Nick Bounoconti's project for his son to find a cure for paralysis) was the main reason the medical staff had that saline like solution available? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 12, 2007, 08:01:10 AM
I'm wondering if because of the Miami Project (Nick Bounoconti's project for his son to find a cure for paralysis) was the main reason the medical staff had that saline like solution available? 

Apparently, the Bills owner (name escapes me right now), is a pretty big contributer to the Miami Project so that may have something to do with it. 

And I'll echo Dio's sentiments.  Bad ass doctors.  This is one of the few medical break throughs I've heard about in maybe the last 5-10 years that really blows me away.  Most of the time we hear about break throughs is medicine it's usually just a link in the chain but never the end result or anything tangible that can be applied to patients today.